• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink Winter Featured Auction
1 1

97 posts in this topic

Would be funny if someone pooled up a ton of buyers who want pages, and then set a price per page based on desirability.
Break it down by percentage of final price per page (better pages/splash get higher percentages of final bid).

So if it sells 150k, you sell 20 slots (its 20 pages right?)

1. Splash (15%)

2. 3 best interiors (9% each)

3. 3 next best (6%)

4. 10 middle pages (3.5%)

5. Bottom 2 with conan (2%)

6. One page without conan (1%)

That would break down based on value, you could sell the slots if you didnt want the whole book just some pages, and it would put some very good prime pages into the market and allow for a group bid on an item that might have a hard time finding a market as its being sold. Anyway just a thought.

3 hours ago, zhamlau said:

Would be funny if someone pooled up a ton of buyers who want pages, and then set a price per page based on desirability.
Break it down by percentage of final price per page (better pages/splash get higher percentages of final bid).

So if it sells 150k, you sell 20 slots (its 20 pages right?)

1. Splash (15%)

2. 3 best interiors (9% each)

3. 3 next best (6%)

4. 10 middle pages (3.5%)

5. Bottom 2 with conan (2%)

6. One page without conan (1%)

That would break down based on value, you could sell the slots if you didnt want the whole book just some pages, and it would put some very good prime pages into the market and allow for a group bid on an item that might have a hard time finding a market as its being sold. Anyway just a thought.

I jokingly suggested I would be in for this when the auction link first posted. Logistically likely not worth anyone's time but I would be interested.

32 minutes ago, cstojano said:

I jokingly suggested I would be in for this when the auction link first posted. Logistically likely not worth anyone's time but I would be interested.

Actually, I would be too. But deals like this are sorta impossible.

Edited by zhamlau

Would it be easier just to have prospective buyers bid on individual pages? Keep a running tally of the sum of the highest bids up until the day of the auction and place the bid with CL for that total price.

List out the pages 1-20 and show the latest bids (but not the bidder) in the first post of a thread. Update as needed.

There are some trust issues. Everyone participating would have to be a known quantity and not back out after the fact.

Edited by BCarter27

10 minutes ago, BCarter27 said:

Would it be easier just to have prospective buyers bid on individual pages? Keep a running tally of the sum of the highest bids up until the day of the auction and place the bid with CL for that total price.

List out the pages 1-20 and show the latest bids (but not the bidder) in the first post of a thread. Update as needed.

There are some trust issues. Everyone participating would have to be a known quantity and not back out after the fact.

With the type of money you're talking about, trust probably wouldn't cut it unless it was a really small group of people that have known each other for a long time. You'd need an escrow service or something similar.

I've just noticed the discussion here about the Complete Barry Windsor-Smith Conan #6 story in our auction.  There is absolutely no reserve on the lot, so no worries there.  I just wanted to clear up the speculation that Gene made in that regard.  Even though we've estimated the break value at $200K, there is a possibility that it can go for significantly less or significantly more in a no reserve auction -- that's part of the excitement of the no reserve auction!  Despite that cold calculation of monetary break value, I expect that there are some collectors out there who would love to keep the story together.  Eliminating the opportunity cost involved in finding separate pages from disparate collectors and putting this (or any) story together is no small thing.  This is really the only way to have such an item (referring to the story in it's complete form here) without giving up at some point out of frustration.   Anyway, good luck to anyone who wants to go for it.  And if anyone wants to go for it but needs a helping hand with time payments, feel free to reach out to me (by calling ComicLink, not by posting to the boards or sending me a  pm that I probably won't see until after the auction is over ) -Josh

On 2/25/2017 at 9:50 AM, Matches_Malone said:

I'm curious about the Frank Miller ROMhm

is that fresh to market, I don't recalled seeing it before... But I really do not follow ROM

Reserve was posted at $16,500. I think that price is based more on it being a Miller cover though than a ROM one.

low prices tend to be meaningless as all the action happens last minute.  At least I hope so for my consignments! I am hoping they finish at least double of where they are at now! :whatthe:

Malvin

6 minutes ago, NinjaSealed said:

Maybe everybody blew their money at Heritage and then the comics portion of the Clink auction (shrug)

Problem is I have too many things I want to throw a bid or two on at current prices and I can't decide what to chase.

I think you need to bid on both the Capullo Batman page and the Matteo Scalera DPS ;)

26 minutes ago, COMICLINK said:

We do offer time payment plans!  If interested, call the sales team at 617-517-0062...

23 minutes ago, artistlost said:

I think you need to bid on both the Capullo Batman page and the Matteo Scalera DPS ;)

Bidding peer pressure! :ohnoez: