• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wich one of these two TEC´´´´´´¨´¨¨´´´¨¨´´S is more important to you?
1 1

29 posts in this topic

I'm gonna go against the majority: The 41. Robin is now a character with over 75 years of  his own history under his belt. Inspiring Bucky, Toro, Dusty, Davey,  Roy, and countless other sidekicks during the golden age. 

Leader of the Teen Titans since the 60's, then becoming  Night Wing, and three other Robin's after Grayson (four if you count Carrie) he keeps on ticking. Most of the general population will still say 'Batman and....' Even though Robin hasn't been featured with Batman on the silver screen in years.  They don't call him the Boy Wonder for nothing. 

As someone who collects based mostly on cover art, I'd have to say that I like both well enough but like 41 a little better. Still, I wouldn't consider either book important. I doubt I'd buy either one at current prices unless I were attempting to build a run. Robin appearing solo doesn't mean much, and the Joker story being the first one in Detective Comics doesn't  mean much either since there had already been Joker stories in Batman. Both of those facts seem like trivia to me--part of the trend of trying to make every other book a key.

Tough call. I have both and are equally tough to find in mid to higher grades. Still a lot of room to grow. If you can't afford pre Robins, then these are must have books. As silly as it may sound to some, being strictly a cover guy, I wont touch issue 54 and on due to a happy batman in the upper left corner as opposed to a more sinister Batman 

Screen Shot 2017-02-27 at 1.45.07 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-27 at 1.46.54 AM.png

Edited by CatMan Brett

On 2/25/2017 at 9:48 AM, Mijael.Levy said:

Hello guys , wich one one would you get first ?

Since this was your specific question, #45 would make sense to get first even if you personally preferred #41. Most of the GA Joker issues seem to be escalating in price faster than the non-Joker issues.