• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

• Administrator
Anyhow, please be aware that JC will never, ever, under any possible circumstance let you have the last word on this...

hm

All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

If someone outright lies (as well as changing it multiple times) then of course I'm going say something, and I am asking Arch to reinstate the thread so we all see exactly what transpired.

I have nothing to hide, but Dale certainly does. lol

Arch, if you reinstate the thread allowing this ridiculous schoolyard squabble to continue, I will PM you 5000 times a day, every day, Christmas included, for the rest of your natural life.

Nobody other than Dale and JC gives a spoon.

Zero chance. Let it go, guys.

OK, I have to leave, HOWEVER as per Arch's wonderful memo, I'm taking this to the discussion board...

How many threads per day is too many...?

Discuss!

I'll be back later with the coffee, donuts and beer...;) Maybe some cookies...

But the important part was that I posted and emailed first, right?

Let's keep the important stuff straight.

:sumo:

I only put GAcollectable first to give him a ego boost :gossip::foryou:

GA wasn't the first. :hi:

And despite whatever faults he has or krap he may start, JC is on the money on this one.

OK, I have to leave, HOWEVER as per Arch's wonderful memo, I'm taking this to the discussion board...

Discuss!

I'll be back later with the coffee, donuts and beer...;) Maybe some cookies...

lol Great breakfast/brunch combo Sky! I'd take you up on the offer, but I don't know how I'd explain to my student who's due in about 30 minutes why I've got a plate of cookies and Budwesier on my desk :grin: Sure would make the day pass by more enjoyably though!

More than two in my opinion.

And just to be clear, I politely mentioned Dale's three threads in one day and why it might not be a good idea. He has decided to be pretty bullheaded about the matter...very similiar to what happened in his other pulled sales thread.

Jim

And just to be clear, I politely mentioned Dale's three threads in one day and why it might not be a good idea. He has decided to be pretty bullheaded about the matter...very similiar to what happened in his other pulled sales thread.

Jim

Oh, there's a surprise. meh

Tell you what...I'm going to start a new thread every time I have more than twenty books to sell. I'll have the whole front page all to myself, 24/7.

Or I could decide to be reasonable and fair to everyone else and just keep using the same thread until it reaches...oh, let's say 270 pages. meh

Not directed at anyone in particular except my self, but I'm going to plead guilty and try to consolidate my two raw threads into one.

:insane:

Sorry if i stepped on any one's toes.

(thumbs u

R.

Jim

Tell you what...I'm going to start a new thread every time I have more than twenty books to sell. I'll have the whole front page all to myself, 24/7.

Or I could decide to be reasonable and fair to everyone else and just keep using the same thread until it reaches...oh, let's say 270 pages. meh

270 pages of drek :cloud9: :cloud9:

Jim

That's the point...it's not all been drek. I've posted a Batman #84 in there, Neal Adams X-Men, FF from about #20 through to #200...and just about anything inbetween.

Ah, what's the ing point...be on the look-out for as many threads as I feel like starting on any given evening. (thumbs u

Jim

That's the point...it's not all been drek. I've posted a Batman #84 in there, Neal Adams X-Men, FF from about #20 through to #200...and just about anything inbetween.

Ah, what's the ing point...be on the look-out for as many threads as I feel like starting on any given evening. (thumbs u

(worship) (worship) (worship) (worship)

Jim

How about no bumping unless it's the "24 hours after it drops off the front page" bump or the posting of the :takeit: guy? This would give everyone equal exposure on the first page.

How about no bumping unless it's the "24 hours after it drops off the front page" bump or the posting of the :takeit: guy? This would give everyone equal exposure on the first page.

Doesn't really matter. Just start a thread per comic title, or age, or, hell, whatever you can rationalize. That'll ensure you plenty of front page real estate...

Here's an idea...start three threads, and or course have some rationization on why you have three, and add to each one sequentially. That'll ensure you have all three at the top... (thumbs u

Jim

Edited by awe4one

Who cares about this anyway? Just a bunch of overpriced mid-grade books :sumo: Check out that ASM #50 :roflmao: Or the IM #1 :roflmao: :roflmao: Next thing you know we'll drag out the usual eBay 10-cent listing day suspects doh!

Jim

Well, I'm not all that bright I guess...I can't handle more than 1 thread, let alone 2, but I figure 2 should be max per day, just to be kind . I suppose if I wanted to do three, I'd just wait a day or two, then again, I've never been macho;)

I also find as a shopper, I get lost with so many threads and I do try to look at as many as I can.

The other problem is, honestly, I hate stepping on people's toes and having to explain myself if I post something in a thread about perhaps being considerate, I find upsetting...

I may still try and do it, but it's not fun....I don't like being the bad guy/person, pointing stuff out, and that was never the intent...I doubt it is for most people...however, it seems that is how it is perceived by some...

The answer to me is...no good deed, lol...so...everyone have a beer, soda, cookie (oh and I picked up pizza, too...non of this online food has any calories btw;) so.....group hug...

Dale you are welcome to have a slice as well, I certainly, for one, do not intend to single you out....but I suppose I never noticed anyone else starting 3 threads within a few hours...if I do see that, I will say something to the other person, even though I don't really feel like saying anything anymore.

I'm just going to break my thread up into 5 or 6 to make it more manageable. If you lower grade buyers would empty your coffers, then I'd be done. There are a few books in there that deserve a separate thread. hm

Who cares about this anyway? Just a bunch of overpriced mid-grade books :sumo: Check out that ASM #50 :roflmao: Or the IM #1 :roflmao: :roflmao: Next thing you know we'll drag out the usual eBay 10-cent listing day suspects doh!

Yes but we won't have to look at it very long if........

How about no bumping unless it's the "24 hours after it drops off the front page" bump or the posting of the :takeit: guy.? This would give everyone equal exposure on the first page.