• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Well, I've swung by to see what's happening over here these days and...my ing god, what a cluster this place has become. doh!

With the exception of one or two old timers, there's not one accurately graded raw book in the Marketplace. doh!

And as for some of the IDs posting...who the are you? What have you ever contributed around here??? :o

FT

Pissed...and pissed off

Well, I've swung by to see what's happening over here these days and...my ing god, what a cluster this place has become. doh!

With the exception of one or two old timers, there's not one accurately graded raw book in the Marketplace. doh!

And as for some of the IDs posting...who the are you? What have you ever contributed around here??? :o

FT

Pissed...and pissed off

That, and a seller with more than one sales thread going at the same time on the front page.

Kinda messy, for sure.

FT

Pissed...and pissed off

Can I buy you a drink sailor?

FT

Pissed...and pissed off

Can I buy you a drink sailor?

Course you can, big boy! :foryou:

FT

Pissed...and pissed off

:sorry:

FT

Pissed...and pissed off

Welcome to Ebay South? I think the grading is slipping. A board buddy sent 10 SA Marvel keys that he bought off the board to CGC. Every single, solitary book came back a lower grade than advertised by the original seller. Not one book was undergraded and not one book matched the CGC grade. A couple were 3 full grade points overgraded.

FT

Pissed...and pissed off

Welcome to Ebay South? I think the grading is slipping. A board buddy sent 10 SA Marvel keys that he bought off the board to CGC. Every single, solitary book came back a lower grade than advertised by the original seller. Not one book was undergraded and not one book matched the CGC grade. A couple were 3 full grade points overgraded.

Great googly moogly :sick:

FT

Pissed...and pissed off

Not good...but could this board buddy not have noticed the overgrading before submitting them to cgc and talked to the seller? Or at least not waste the money to submit them? I'm not defending the original seller but how do 2 people miss 3 full grade points?

FT

Pissed...and pissed off

Maybe if the board buddy could grade, he would have realized it early enough and send back the books.

Be proactive, dips. :makepoint:

FT

Pissed...and pissed off

Maybe if the board buddy could grade, he would have realized it early enough and send back the books.

I said the same thing....only WAY less brutal. :roflmao: Greggy rules!

FT

Pissed...and pissed off

I said the same thing....only WAY less brutal. :roflmao: Greggy rules!
Tough love rules. :acclaim:

I like the new members that are just here to sell books, and sometimes they even contribute to a thread. About books they want to sell... :P

You forgot to mention they also like to contribute to the "Hey buddy can you spare a grade" forum... to see how much they can get for their books. :whistle:

It is our duty to grade their books for them a well :sumo:

Perhaps every sales thread, or at least every sales thread by a relative new seller here, should have a poll inserted into it where other members can anonymously give a grading report on the books they see in the thread and how they are being described by the seller.

This wouldn't have to be perceived as a negative thing because it could also signal a consensus that a particular seller is getting a thumbs ups by browsing members too of what they see.

I like the new members that are just here to sell books, and sometimes they even contribute to a thread. About books they want to sell... :P

You forgot to mention they also like to contribute to the "Hey buddy can you spare a grade" forum... to see how much they can get for their books. :whistle:

It is our duty to grade their books for them a well :sumo:

Perhaps every sales thread, or at least every sales thread by a relative new seller here, should have a poll inserted into it where other members can anonymously give a grading report on the books they see in the thread and how they are being described by the seller.

This wouldn't have to be perceived as a negative thing because it could also signal a consensus that a particular seller is getting a thumbs ups by browsing members too of what they see.

A good idea in theory but too political and too easily sabotaged.....

Well for what it's worth ANYONE buying a high dollar book and questions it before pulling the trigger is the only one at fault here. There are still great sellers here it's just most haven't posted anything in a while, and I;ve seen many-many boardies here grade comics from scans and do very well as Nik does this for the board* thanks Nik (thumbs u * as well as many not asking questions when they are in contact with the sellers if this is done at all. I'm not taking side here but people have to use some common sence when purchasing something.

once these not so good graders / sellers have their stuff make it to the 2nd or 3rd page they'll get the message and move on. But just like ebay when you have someone buying this stuff it's harder to watch bad sellers / graders leave and go some place else. Plus has anyone ever contacted these sellers to ask them any questions or is this just being lazy... (shrug)

I generally just deal with people I see do constant busines with people I know who can grade. Aside from that I ask questions, but alot of people just pop the takeit as soon as a book arrives. I can see this for certain sellers but someone who is relatively fresh?

And read back 3 pages. The new guys dont get it. They just keep bumping until they get started on a new thread. There are a few guys I have watched do this and havent ever seem to have sold anything.

I generally just deal with people I see do constant busines with people I know who can grade. Aside from that I ask questions, but alot of people just pop the takeit as soon as a book arrives. I can see this for certain sellers but someone who is relatively fresh?

And read back 3 pages. The new guys dont get it. They just keep bumping until they get started on a new thread. There are a few guys I have watched do this and havent ever seem to have sold anything.

O.K now I see where everyone is coming from & went back a little further to get the whole story this time.

And your right Res many people here as my self is included just stick to the same sellers because you do know them. I've tried other sellers here and there but I'm still looking for the same deals or packaging that I would normally get.

As for the overgrading of books I was shock to read that statement and have been under radar and missed alot of this. But that's what make this place what it is... bring to light the people who do this.