• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Heffdog116 - switched to Gone Phishin like 1-2 months in... Lester Dean, or real person name Derek, is my neighbor. We are always chillin at my place, on my laptop, and he decided to hop on his user name while on my computer. I responded to the PM, but just wanted to make sure its not someone ing with me

Now yer in big big trouble. doh!

Heffdog116 - switched to Gone Phishin like 1-2 months in... Lester Dean, or real person name Derek, is my neighbor. We are always chillin at my place, on my laptop, and he decided to hop on his user name while on my computer. I responded to the PM, but just wanted to make sure its not someone ing with me

Now yer in big big trouble. doh!

snoopyhouse.gif

Boy, there are a lot of FF sale threads here this week and they are all dying on the vine. :(

You made some sales, so congrats :thumbsup:

I think FF may be cooling some, with high $ (some would use a different adjective...., :whistle: ) presently being thrown at Avengers.

It wouldn't surprise me to see some downward adjustments in some Marvel titles. :shrug:

I don't know where I should post this, but...

I hate the new sub-forums. It is great if you buy or sell one type of book, but if you like a bit of everything, then it really stinks...

Why fix something that wasn't broken to start with...

I don't know where I should post this, but...

I hate the new sub-forums. It is great if you buy or sell one type of book, but if you like a bit of everything, then it really stinks...

Why fix something that wasn't broken to start with...

(thumbs u

I had problems with the Marketplace. In no particular order...

(1) Too many threads from the same sellers that could have been amalgamated.

(2) Too many 'dead' threads getting bumped for no reason.

(3) Too many sellers ignoring basic Marketplace rules.

(4) Too many books listed elsewhere at the same time as here...and often they were dearer here! :o

(5) Piss-poor grading on raw books.

(6) Too many non-contributing noobs treating the place as Craig's List.

...but do you see anywhere on that list 'Not enough sub-forums to totally confuse the casual browser'?

No you do not, sir. :sumo:

Was that the 6.0 Hulk 181? lol I'm surprised someone didn't buy it all the same violation or not--you know how it can go at times. Those books seem to fly off the shelves what with the movie coming out and all (not like it wasn't hot already but it's even worse now).

I have withheld judgement on the new format until now but I must say it is awful. I buy books that go across silver/bronze/copper/modern and I can not keep up with the sales threads like I could in the old format. :frustrated:

John

I have withheld judgement on the new format until now but I must say it is awful. I buy books that go across silver/bronze/copper/modern and I can not keep up with the sales threads like I could in the old format. :frustrated:

John

Yep, I was just commenting on the same subject in another thread. Here's my suggestion for the Market Forum

Gold Age

Silver Age

Bronze Age

Coper/Modern Age

and just skip the Mixed/All Ages forum.

Mixed Ages sales threads don't work well from a buyer's stand point. I'm usually searching specifically for GA, but sometimes I'm searching SA. You go and mix a few CA/MA books in there & I will probably never see the sale in time.

Someone start a good sales thread!!!! Sick of all this juuuunk!! :tonofbricks:

:insane:

Can you ellaborate on this. I have a sales tread up now in the bronze forum with what I feel are very desireble books but I am getting little response. I am fairly new here but I contribute on a daily basis in many threads. I also buy from many sellers here.

Just what is it you are looking for???

Can you ellaborate on this. I have a sales tread up now in the bronze forum with what I feel are very desireble books but I am getting little response. I am fairly new here but I contribute on a daily basis in many threads. I also buy from many sellers here.

I think your books have been great (why I bought a few, right?), so it may be more about the folks posting raw moderns for prices that are a little surprising. (shrug)

I think your books have been great (why I bought a few, right?), so it may be more about the folks posting raw moderns for prices that are a little surprising. (shrug)

I wonder about that also. There are certain modern titles that go for much more on these boards than they do anywhere else. It reminds me of the theory that 3 people, strategically placed in a 2000 person meeting, can take control of the entire meeting. I've seen it over & over when a small group hypes a new modern book, it becomes hot on this board, but everywhere else it still sells on the cheap. Where's that "sheep" icon...

I wonder about that also. There are certain modern titles that go for much more on these boards than they do anywhere else. It reminds me of the theory that 3 people, strategically placed in a 2000 person meeting, can take control of the entire meeting. I've seen it over & over when a small group hypes a new modern book, it becomes hot on this board, but everywhere else it still sells on the cheap. Where's that "sheep" icon...

:gossip: There are certain modern titles that certain board members collect for slabbing purposes - which means that certain people are willing to pay more than the "going ebay rate" for certain books when they're sold by certain people with certain grading skills.