• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

:gossip: You misunderstood the intention of my post. I have no problems with certain people paying certain people whatever price they want. I just find it interesting, the idea that a small group of sellers can create a pocket market on the boards when the books are readily available (by other people that can grade well too) on other sites for much cheaper. It's something I wonder about sometimes, that's all hm

What you should wonder about is why these people are getting those sales when everyone here knows how to use eBay and all the other venues offering "cheaper" alternatives. Everyone here knows how to use a computer and Google, so they know how to find comic book sales sites.

If you think sellers' prices are too high here on the board, then they probably won't get the sale. But, as Michael already pointed out, there are some people (myself included) who will pay more for a book here than on eBay just to save myself the eventual hassle of sending back an "eBay NM." People here provide huge scans upon request and are usually super-easy about returns. To me, if I have to pay a couple of extra bucks for a book I know I'll be happy with, it's worth it to me.

However, I would also like to know what moderns you're referring to, 'cause I'm upping the prices of all my books right now and want to make sure I'm upping the right ones enough. hm

+1

It seems quite different to me... less lively.

It's divided up now by three areas so each should be less lively.

Is the total number of sales threads less now than it was?

I have never asked this board for any help as I am right now ... :(

I'm in the middle of a divorce and have a little boy to look after, under the situation we were in I had to pack up what we could in the car and move down to Houston.

I do have family here but I also have CGC book that I have listed on the boards here as well, I know there not super high grade but it's what I could bring.

Please any help selling off these books would be a HUGE HELP..

I'm in the middle of a divorce and have a little boy to look after, under the situation we were in I had to pack up what we could in the car and move down to Houston.

I do have family here but I also have CGC book that I have listed on the boards here as well, I know there not super high grade but it's what I could bring.

Sam, you have been fantastic to deal with every time, so I am sure folks will be there to support you. I hope my small purchase helps in some way.

Sam, you have been fantastic to deal with every time, so I am sure folks will be there to support you. I hope my small purchase helps in some way.

Sam,

I'm in the same boat as you (divorce-wise with kids) and kinda know what you're going through. If you need anything for you and your boy, please PM me.

You are a good person to deal with and a even better friend on the boards!!

Brian

I think now it's more spread out, it seems there are less views. I don't think there is less traffic though...

And if anything, it's showing that Copper/Moderns made up the bulk of the posts...

Jim

Is it me or has the new changes in the Marketplace affected the number of viewers lately? :eek:

When all the threads were together, I would look at each one, no matter the subject header. Now that things are more specific, I mostly hang out in the Modern thread.

Is it me or has the new changes in the Marketplace affected the number of viewers lately? :eek:

Dunno about the number of viewers, but the GA/SA/BA forum has been slamming busy. I was shocked at how much stuff I sold this weekend (mainly because there aren't a lot of low/midgrade collectors around here). I went a few hours without posting on Saturday evening and my thread was on page 2 of that forum already.

No complaints here. I was extremely happy with it.

Dunno about the number of viewers, but the GA/SA/BA forum has been slamming busy. I was shocked at how much stuff I sold this weekend (mainly because there aren't a lot of low/midgrade collectors around here). I went a few hours without posting on Saturday evening and my thread was on page 2 of that forum already.

No complaints here. I was extremely happy with it.

Focused buyers are always a good thing...

Jim

• Administrator

I have noticed that the top-level display that shows how many people are currently viewing a forum does not seem to show the number of people viewing those sub-forums. Slightly annoying as it doesn't really show the extent of traffic that is actually going on.

• Administrator
You know, I was wondering about that myself. Traffic seemed dismal this weekend according to the top-level numbers.

Definitely not a reflection of actual traffic as thread counts will show.

I think now it's more spread out, it seems there are less views. I don't think there is less traffic though...

And if anything, it's showing that Copper/Moderns made up the bulk of the posts...

Jim

Yes.

That's why some GA-SA-BA guys/gals wanted the split.

A nice SA thread would be off the first page in a few hours with all the modern listings.

I haven't bothered to look at any of the sub-forums. I feel sad. I need a DC war fix and am too lazy to even look.

Andy :sorry: