• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

As much as I appreciate your concerns, we all have the right to do what we feel is right. I don't want to beat a dead horse, but feel there are several members who come to this site in search of a good deal and shouldn't be mislead.

By "mislead" (it's "misled", btw) I'm assuming you mean "try to sell books here and have the buyer flake on them"? Because, yeah, that's kinda the purpose of the probation list - to warn members about the people who do this sort of thing (thumbs u

ahh, no...maybe trying to over charge for books. Trying to re-sell a book at 40% profit in less than 2 months is nutz. Anyway, I'm here to help the little guy and won't let you big bad wolves try to take advantage.

Are you in high-school or college or maybe work for the goverment?

You seem to have no real world experience at making a living.

in the end it doesn't matter, If I want a book and have the money, trust me...Money wins!

Not with everyone. I'll start a list

1) joeypost

Anyone care to join?

Add me but the list is probably huge now.

Off the top of my head I can think of two reasons:

1) Book is way over-priced.

2) Seller is a ddickwad.

As much as I appreciate your concerns, we all have the right to do what we feel is right. I don't want to beat a dead horse, but feel there are several members who come to this site in search of a good deal and shouldn't be mislead.

By "mislead" (it's "misled", btw) I'm assuming you mean "try to sell books here and have the buyer flake on them"? Because, yeah, that's kinda the purpose of the probation list - to warn members about the people who do this sort of thing (thumbs u

ahh, no...maybe trying to over charge for books. Trying to re-sell a book at 40% profit in less than 2 months is nutz. Anyway, I'm here to help the little guy and won't let you big bad wolves try to take advantage.

it's okay to make a profit, but to gouge your fellow board member is taking it to the extreme. btw, making a living by selling comic books on this site sounds very risky to me. I thought this was a hobbyist community.

it's okay to make a profit, but to gouge your fellow board member is taking it to the extreme. btw, making a living by selling comic books on this site sounds very risky to me. I thought this was a hobbyist community.

If you think a book is overpriced then don't buy or send a offer.

The market will decide.

How did he gouge anyone? He bought low and sold high. Sales 101 right there.

Are you jealous or what? You keep harping about "he sold a book for more then he paid for it". Please explain what is wrong with that?

A lot of the posters here are comic dealers that use this site, and others, as a means to supplement thier income by selling books to people all over the world instead of being limited to the walk in traffic at their brick and mortar store. When you post an :takeit: and then disappear and never follow through on the deal, you have affected that person ability to make money. Of the two, it is you who the little man should be protected from.

ASM 129 CGC sales data according to www.gpanalysis.com:

ASM 129 CGC 9.6 2009 sales data: 12 month average: (32) $2,242 Last Sale: $2250 Oct-2009

2009 (29 sales) $3,650 Hi $1,625 Lo

Last one for today.

Amazing Spider-man 129 CGC 9.6 NM+

Price $2250

ASM129CGC96.jpg

it's okay to make a profit

(shrug)

btw, making a living by selling comic books on this site sounds very risky to me.

^^ First thing you've ever said that I agree with. You never know when some tool might come along and hijack your thread. Or purchase a book and not pay. Or change names and purchase another book and not pay again.

But its also a lot of fun. And luckily, 99% of the people on the board are not insane. So the good still far outweighs the bad! :headbang:

Don't worry, Adam. You don't need to explain yourself to a three-time probation list offender. (thumbs u

Especially when the turd has no clue. He'll be but a memory soon enough :smirk:

maybe that could be his next name, Count. Turd-one

Are you jealous or what? You keep harping about "he sold a book for more then he paid for it". Please explain what is wrong with that?

A lot of the posters here are comic dealers that use this site, and others, as a means to supplement thier income by selling books to people all over the world instead of being limited to the walk in traffic at their brick and mortar store. When you post an :takeit: and then disappear and never follow through on the deal, you have affected that person ability to make money. Of the two, it is you who the little man should be protected from.

I see it's pointless, but anyway this is NOT Ebay, this is a HOBBY message board. Besides, the comic books were sold, so no worries.

I see it's pointless, but anyway this is NOT Ebay, this is a HOBBY message board. Besides, the comic books were sold, so no worries.

Buc, how old are you? You are reasoning with a child's mentality.

A real hobbyist wouldn't leave a fellow hobbyist hanging when a transaction is committed to. You don't know how to keep your word and when you are caught you can't even say sorry. You only know how to sling mud.

Since you're such a great guy and always looking out for the little guy why don't you start a thread where you give away comics for cheap to lead by example.

(thumbs u

Question for everyone, the OO Marvel FS thread that I have been listing books in is getting to long.

I would like to close it down and start another tomorrow night as I still have alot of books I would like to list but don't want to have anyone get offended by my having another thread for the same thing.

Thoughts?

I would prefer that you keep it as obtuse as possible so I can continue to snap up books I want. Thanks!

(thumbs u

I'm really trying to understand where you're coming from, but I just don't get it. You're mad that Adam made a profit on that book? Is that it? Did you ever bother to wonder how many books he sold for a loss? Not that EITHER of those things is any of your business, but you seemed so preoccupied by how much money Adam makes at his job. (And yes, comics are Adams job...)

My 2c

There is no requirement that books need to be offered at great deals, though often times there are great offers. My feeling is that books offered for sale in the forum marketplace are offers made exclusively to board members, which in of itself should be considered a great deal (hence, the strict policing of books that are available on other sites). As had been stated many times, sellers can ask whatever they want - buyers can always make PM offers for books.

wow, I didn't know this entire issue with Filter created this hot topic but I am surprised BucOne even admitted his true intention about his comments about the ASM 129 sale.

Here is my comment to Adams via PM minutes after BucOne posted about that book back on 11/25

"not my business but I think you have a stalker. It doesn't take a genius because the cert is the same on your book and the one he linked from CL so his "discovery" is more than "hey, look at the pic, it is the same book"

I think he is trying to sabotage your sale by showing others you paid $1600 and now try to sell yours for $2k plus.

I am well aware of the spat between you 2 from that Batman thread but to me,this is a cheap shot of trying to undermining another person's sale.

just my 2 cents"

BucOne, I even read Roy's comment on the other sale thread when he tried to stick up for you but damn man, you have that "I am against the world" kind of mentality.

What is wrong with making a profit if you can? I bet that X-men1 9.2 that you tried to sell and advertised for a while would have net you 5 figure profit.

We have exchanged PM when I first joined (although I have no idea why), but it was civil but for the most part, I see that many here don't like you for good reasons but you are set to not even care to fix anything...It is a damn shame really.

For my part, I have not bought a book from Filter. I have bid on a few books on ebay and didn't win any yet so I have nothing to gain here. The price of the ASM 129 is irrelevant, if he priced it too high, then he will have to lower it. Hell there are dozen of books every week on this site that I can see from doing a little research that the books were bought just weeks/months ago for much less....and when I see that, I won't make an offer or wait for the price to be discounted...that is all.