• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

The thread is a mess because the seller just popped up and started selling and is getting vetted on the fly and probably didn't read the rules either so he has created most of the mess. At least he seems understanding and is helping to correct it after the fact.

I think that in the rules, for the privilege of selling here, at the very least it should state a person coming here should first have a "hello thread" where credentials can be established in a civilized manner before the seller attempts to start selling.

If someone comes here and wants to sell but not become a poster I don't care but at least have the common courtesy to have a hello thread then let people get to know you and members let you know the selling rules before you start posting issues without scans and telling us you don't have time because your busy.

That's a bad way to start for a seller and bad for buyers here.

A little Q & A thread for a day will go a long way to make your first selling thread go much smoother like that of someone who has posted here longer and taken the time to establish themselves before they make a sales thread.

Sorry I was MIA yesterday but I celebrate Christmas eve. It's the listing books without prices and then never returning until they were sold via PM that makes me go WTF. I thought every book had to have a price. Yes, it could be a mistake but someone did request a price and he never updated the thread. That is why I asked the question. Hope all turns out well.

Happy holidays everyone.

Everyone is going nuts over this guys books.As a previous poster said if these were 5 dollar books this guy would be getting flamed BIG TIME.

I just hope for the boards sake that this isnt some kind of a scam or something.Or people dont get ripped off somehow BUT ill stay clear of anyones sales like the Paypal today only " pricing etc.?? Why the big hurry to collect all this cash before you have the books in your possesion? You need the cash that bad or.......... hm

In my first sales thread I was selling a 100 dollar book and I was asked for virtually everything but my first born child before I .

could make this sale.BUT this guy comes on here selling books in the 5 k range and if you ask questions or address concerns in the thread you get lambasted..

There are big double standards and you are only questioned or scrutinized depending on how good your wares and prices are..If you are a NEW user and have high end stuff at cheap prices look out!! feeding frenzy begins.If you have OK stuff at market price Go somewhere else as youll be ripped up and down .

He keeps listing books with no prices,pulling books .off to CGC :blahblah: ..A lot of poor form by this noob is being ignored due to the feeding frenzy going on..

Didn't a board member post a good recommendation in reguards to the seller?

A board member, a grader from CGC and a dealer.

Let's not go overboard here - the grader from CGC gave no recommendation whatsoever; he merely confirmed that two of the books had been slabbed that day.

Everyone is going nuts over this guys books.As a previous poster said if these were 5 dollar books this guy would be getting flamed BIG TIME.

I just hope for the boards sake that this isnt some kind of a scam or something.Or people dont get ripped off somehow BUT ill stay clear of anyones sales like the Paypal today only " pricing etc.?? Why the big hurry to collect all this cash before you have the books in your possesion? You need the cash that bad or.......... hm

In my first sales thread I was selling a 100 dollar book and I was asked for virtually everything but my first born child before I .

could make this sale.BUT this guy comes on here selling books in the 5 k range and if you ask questions or address concerns in the thread you get lambasted..

There are big double standards and you are only questioned or scrutinized depending on how good your wares and prices are..If you are a NEW user and have high end stuff at cheap prices look out!! feeding frenzy begins.If you have OK stuff at market price Go somewhere else as youll be ripped up and down .

He keeps listing books with no prices,pulling books .off to CGC :blahblah: ..A lot of poor form by this noob is being ignored due to the feeding frenzy going on..

Let's not go overboard here - the grader from CGC gave no recommendation whatsoever; he merely confirmed that two of the books had been slabbed that day.

Yup, you beat me to it, Michael. At least there's ONE other person that can keep facts straight. :wink:

I received the Planet 53 really fast from the seller Batmanfan. I do agree that things got mixed up and muddled in the thread and let's hope that the seller can figure it all out for next time. He really did get a hazing in the thread and stuck it out...so let's hope that the next thread goes more smoothly. I was also a bit skeptical with all the confusion in the thread. I do want to say that I am happy with the Planet 53 I bought.

I received the Planet 53 really fast from the seller Batmanfan. I do agree that things got mixed up and muddled in the thread and let's hope that the seller can figure it all out for next time. He really did get a hazing in the thread and stuck it out...so let's hope that the next thread goes more smoothly. I was also a bit skeptical with all the confusion in the thread. I do want to say that I am happy with the Planet 53 I bought.

Hi Joanna. Hope you had a great holiday! Good to hear that you received the comic. That was quick too.

Same as the MCA thread in General. Big enough books, heads are turned. And look how that ended up. Or didn't.

I disagree. I don't think it has anything to do with the books.

There is honest confusion and then there is willful ignorance.

I believe this guy was honestly confused and not willfully ignorant (or disobedient).

I haven't followed this new thread that closely but the guy is learning the rules and adapting as he goes along. He's also being apologetic, even though there was initially a bit of an uproar on both sides.

He's not selling through another dealer, he is allowing a dealer to act as an escrow.

He's answering PMs, and adapting as he learns.

Part of the problem that the thread has experienced seems to be an overreaction from some board members from the beginning of the thread causing a mess, as is usually the case when people just fire first and think later.

Pretty much MCA all over again. Christ Roy for once just let something you off. Not all's good in this life y'know.

Mind you,I'm probably on a downer today.

I quoted Roy in his FS thread before it was locked and mentioned that West confirmed that two of the books were recently slabbed.

Sorry I was MIA yesterday but I celebrate Christmas eve. It's the listing books without prices and then never returning until they were sold via PM that makes me go WTF. I thought every book had to have a price. Yes, it could be a mistake but someone did request a price and he never updated the thread. That is why I asked the question. Hope all turns out well.

Happy holidays everyone.

Originally this upset me also as it gave the appearance of an auction via PM's but

after getting an explanation from the Seller it is obvious this was not his intent. In fact the Seller appears to be a stand up guy and I am looking forward to new offerings from him. However, though they technically did nothing wrong, I am disappointed with some of our fellow boardies that never gave him a chance to offer the books to us.

Good to hear. BATMANFAN really took a lot of guff and handled it amazingly well - perhaps the best I have seen. I would see people almost relishing the bash, posting things (inside of and outside the sale thread) like "he puts books on the FS thread without prices" when in reality they are a VERY small percentage - but that little factoid (emphasis on the "oid") is hyped.Same with the few books that were done in PM after some inquiries by board members.

I will say that some folk here really seem to look forward to the opportunity to bash. One can almost feel the relish they have in doing so. And we who don't like it often stay quiet (including me) - but props to those who DID speak up. And now we have the board initiation or board hazing - where this behavior is now accepted as the norm and chuckled at in a loving way?

A few simple direct questions without challenge can do wonders. But no - the bashers are like spiders in their web, literally waiting for the first vibration, to strike. It is getting really spooned up. Thias board can be an embarassment.

And BTW, I had a fine Christmas with close friends in Sonoma amidst 50 acres of private land with koi ponds, gardens etc. And Italian food!

Question!

It's been a couple of years since I sold any goods... I have everything going up tonight from OA, to silver age, to modern, to GA fiction house. Should I post the thread in the mixed forum???

Thanks in advance.

Dan

The Mixed sales forum sounds ideal although some feel it gets less eyeballs than in a more specific age sales forum.

You could also split it up into two specific age sales threads run together or on different days.

I highly recommend you start with the GA Fiction House and start the thread now while I'm here ;)