• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Why is GAcollectibles sales thread locked? Were there naughty bits removed?

Why are there so many sales threads locked?

My thread was marked as "Closed/All Sold" in the title so that may be why it was locked, that happens periodically and inconsistently over time. No worries from my end.

Well, almost no worries. The inconsistent part is that there are plenty of threads that are marked "Closed" in the title that are NOT locked that ended well before mine(even by days). That and a few of my posts disappearing recently for unknown reasons(one possibly costing me Locked Thread Challenge Points :frustrated: ). I'm not a conspiracy theory guy but but I'm on the verge of thinking a mod has it out for me. :insane:

My thread was marked as "Closed/All Sold" in the title so that may be why it was locked, that happens periodically and inconsistently over time. No worries from my end.

Well, almost no worries. The inconsistent part is that there are plenty of threads that are marked "Closed" in the title that are NOT locked that ended well before mine(even by days). That and a few of my posts disappearing recently for unknown reasons(one possibly costing me Locked Thread Challenge Points :frustrated: ). I'm not a conspiracy theory guy but but I'm on the verge of thinking a mod has it out for me. :insane:

It's always a conspiracy around here with some of these guys who have nothing better to do.

It won't be long before you will be labeled the new "Waldo-Johnson" :grin:

It's always a conspiracy with some around here with some of these guys who have nothing better to do.

It won't be long before you will be labeled the new "Waldo-Johnson" :grin:

It's all fair game until you start f-ing with Locked Thread Points. :sumo:

I don't think it's a problem for you to deal with him, but not on the boards...

I would like for us to petition Arch to follow Jim's suggestion. Anyone who sells a graded book, in a case, must show the label.

Does anyone object?

Would a poll be better than just asking?

(thumbs u

I think that either the label should be shown or declaring that the book is CGC graded should suffice.

I would like for us to petition Arch to follow Jim's suggestion. Anyone who sells a graded book, in a case, must show the label.

Does anyone object?

(thumbs u

I think that either the label should be shown or declaring that the book is CGC graded should suffice.

I like this recommendation!

^^

Does anyone object?

(thumbs u

I like this recommendation!

^^

I guess I'm in the KISS category, a picture speaks a thousand words. One of the books that was PGX graded, was described as 2 different grades 3.0 to 3.5. The label said 3.0. I could see that happening with CGC, too...Maybe not with this particular seller, but we have a never ending trickle of whackadoodles;) who are forever inventing new ways to confuse buyers (and I'm not talking about our honest, present, in house innovators who are posting here.)

I kept the pictures btw if anyone needs them.

Edited by skypinkblu

Does anyone object?

(thumbs u

A declaration means nothing. The ones that crop the label out to circumvent the already established rules wouldn't have any problem declaring a book to be CGC graded when it isn't.

Does anyone object?

(thumbs u

A declaration means nothing. The ones that crop the label out to circumvent the already established rules wouldn't have any problem declaring a book to be CGC graded when it isn't.

Maybe we don't need any new rules. We already have well established selling guidelines agreed on by the community. If a seller can't abide by the guidelines is the solution to add on more rules? Or should we just address the issue directly with the person who can't follow the rules? Phil is not new to the sales forum, he knows the rules, but apparently thinks they don't apply to him.

just surprised that it was phil who did this....

Really? I'm no longer surprised by any of the Bull mess pulled on these boards. Allegedly(IIRC,from the most recent Trey Cannon clusterfudge.), a number of "well respected" Boardies have sold PGX books on the boards.

Does anyone object?

(thumbs u

Maybe we don't need any new rules. We already have well established selling guidelines agreed on by the community. If a seller can't abide by the guidelines is the solution to add on more rules? Or should we just address the issue directly with the person who can't follow the rules? Phil is not new to the sales forum, he knows the rules, but apparently thinks they don't apply to him.

I don't see it as adding a new rule, just expanding a rule that's already in place. Showing a full scan, including the label, would eliminate the "is it PGX or isn't it" deliberations.