• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

There's a sweet Action 27 I almost :takeit: just for the heck of it, but for that dang 'ol 3%. :(
:sorry:

Is it just that I've noticed it more since this whole discussion about this, or has it actually been happening more recently?

I think it's been happening more recently. Sellers should take into consideration, this is a free place to sell. 3% is nothing compared to an auction house.

Even just with eBay, auction fees are 9% and Fixed Price listings are 7-13% of the first $50, 5-8% of the next $950 and 2% of anything over that.

In other words, I'll take PayPal's 3% over all that any day.

There used to be a $100 cap on ebay fees per auction - is that not the case any more?

ah - it seems they've upped the cap to $250...

Final value fee (per item):

9% of the total amount of the sale

Maximum fee is $250

The $250 max is listed under auction style listings, but in none of the fixed price charts does it list a maximum fee... unless I missed it.

ah - it seems they've upped the cap to $250...

Final value fee (per item):

9% of the total amount of the sale

Maximum fee is $250

The $250 max is listed under auction style listings, but in none of the fixed price charts does it list a maximum fee... unless I missed it.

I think it's only for auctions - but that's what I'm concerned with, as all of my auctions (be they on ebay, clink, or CC) are no reserve auctions...

What is it with certain sellers here who don't grade the books, then say that there are no visible problems with the books when you can plainly see from the scan that there are multiple issues with the books? :facepalm:

And then they wonder why they don't even get any responses in their sales threads meh

What is it with certain sellers here who don't grade the books, then say that there are no visible problems with the books when you can plainly see from the scan that there are multiple issues with the books? :facepalm:

And then they wonder why they don't even get any responses in their sales threads meh

I don't see many sellers post without grades very often - but yes, no grades = little or no sales.

Maybe they are auditioning for eBay? :D

My pet peeve is sellers who provide misleading pricing data. There is no need to provide OPG or GPA data if you don't want to, but if you do, I think you should provide all the relevant data. For instance, if the most recent GPA sale is an outlier, don't site your price as being well below GPA when it may be above recent sales other than the outlier.

Similarly, if your price is below OPG ... but above GPA, you should mention that. If don't have access to GPA, then I think you should mention that when citing OPG.

Anyone know which new rule was added today? hm
13.Threads selling digital codes or digital versions are not allowed.

Anyone know the rationale behind it? Does it say that the digital codes are non-transferable? They are 1 time use, so its not like they are getting "shared"

It'd be no different than selling just one page from a comic book. You are just selling part of the comic

Marvel ups the price on some books but includes a digital copy, but for those who dont read comics digitally they just get stuck paying the upcharge w/o the benefit

of course you could just give them away when someone purchases one of you other $1 books... hm

Anyone know which new rule was added today? hm
13.Threads selling digital codes or digital versions are not allowed.

Anyone know the rationale behind it?

People have been selling downloaded CBR/CBZ files. The mods aren't going to differentiate between legitimate code sales and pirated sales.

So, if I pay for something on the boards with paypal, and I don't get it for whatever reason, paypal will cover me? The transaction doesn't have to go through an official commerce Web site? Is there a maximum amount paypal will cover?

Are auction format FS threads required to list a BIN price?

yep (thumbs u

Where is this rule listed at? thanks

Seems i've been told not to post about this in your thread, :eyeroll:

"6.It must list specific books with purchase prices. It is acceptable to bulk price, and/or to note that package discounts may be available, but you must list a starting price that you WILL sell for".

Are auction format FS threads required to list a BIN price?

yep (thumbs u

Where is this rule listed at? thanks

Seems i've been told not to post about this in your thread, :eyeroll:

"6.It must list specific books with purchase prices. It is acceptable to bulk price, and/or to note that package discounts may be available, but you must list a starting price that you WILL sell for".

I should have read it as a layer :) thank man!