• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I have to post this and I just came back from the Post Office after shipping

my last two packages from some PM deals and we should all be very

thankful to all our big sellers/dealers and that is a ton of work to sell books.

How you guys do this on a regular basis is amazing and you have my

respect and gratitude. I only had a 20 page selling thread with five other

PM deals and my brain and my hands are sore from all that packaging

and trying to stay organized. :P

THANK YOU and KUDOS to all our big sellers and dealers. (worship)

fay :)

It is VERY unclear so I hope someone who actual knows could provide some assistance

10.If posting a trading thread you must list a dollar value price for the book that you WILL accept in TRADE VALUE, and you MUST put "TRADE ONLY" in the title of your thread if you will not accept money.

It is VERY unclear so I hope someone who actual knows could provide some assistance

10.If posting a trading thread you must list a dollar value price for the book that you WILL accept in TRADE VALUE, and you MUST put "TRADE ONLY" in the title of your thread if you will not accept money.

Does that mean you have to accept anything of that value in trade?

Does that mean you have to accept anything of that value in trade?

I suspect it means you can't just say I got a Hulk 2 I want to trade for a FF 5.

You would need more precision.

"I have a GVG/VG- Hulk 2 worth about $300 I would like to trade for a FF 5 in GVG/VG- also worth about $300. Willing to throw in some cash if the FF 5 is a bit nicer (VG)."

That sort of thing.

I have a question, why are some dealers posting new sales threads when VCC is this weekend?
I would guess because:

1) They don't care about the VCC or any impact their threads might have on it

2) They're trying to take advantage of any increased buying traffic on the boards

I have a question, why are some dealers posting new sales threads when VCC is this weekend?

Not only that, but unless I'm misunderstanding his TOS, a big dealer appears to be requiring PayPal personal.

Not only that, but unless I'm misunderstanding his TOS, a big dealer appears to be requiring PayPal personal.

If you're referring to this thread, I'm pretty sure he means personal check.

I imagine it is because we weren't paying attention.

But why shouldn't new threads be started during the VCC? Mail order guys and comic shops don't stop selling new stuff during San Diego Comic Con.

I remember asking that no new sales threads be started the weekend we were having the auctions for Nik and his family. I got skewered by a few via PM saying "How dare I". If they could not keep from starting new slaes threads to honor the death of a respected and loved board member, what chance does the VCC stand.

Actually most people did stop posting new threads during the auctions for Nik. We had to ask a few times, but MOST were very respectful.

It seemed for a while here that some people posted threads directly purposely in conflict with the VCC, that seems to be better.

I think as Richard said, some people don't pay attention.

The difference here, between mail order and the San Diego Con, is this is a community event, and the people joining in are doing so as part of a community venture...so perhaps next time, you too, could join in. You might even have some fun.

Well I was planning on doing a new selling thread maybe Sunday night.

No intentions or planning went into it to conflict with anything.

:ohnoez:

If you're referring to this thread, I'm pretty sure he means personal check.

Nope, it was another thread, but reading it again, I think I have it backwards. That is, I think he's saying he doesn't want to stick the buyer with the PayPal fees. So, never mind .... doh!

Edited by Sqeggs