• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Got a question. Anybody have a problem with listing the same books after a month on the marketplace that I didn't sell the first time. There is twice as many books just wanted to list the books that didn't sell. It would be a totally new thread.

Some of the modern sellers seem to have no problems listing the same books in a new sales thread every 2-3 days - I think you'll be just fine :thumbsup:

Got a question. Anybody have a problem with listing the same books after a month on the marketplace that I didn't sell the first time. There is twice as many books just wanted to list the books that didn't sell. It would be a totally new thread.

Relisting after a month seems fine to me. It happens fairly frequently in Gold-Silver-Bronze thread (the only one I look at regularly). I would guess if you relisted too frequently, it would appear to be an attempt to evade the three bump rule.

Go for it.

So I list a book, it sells. That thread is done.

So, I list another book in a new thread and it gets merged with the first thread? What's better is that the title of the thread is the book that already sold. I disagree with that ruling.

So, I list another book in a new thread and it gets merged with the first thread? What's better is that the title of the thread is the book that already sold. I disagree with that ruling.

Is there something stopping you from editing the title of the first thread to include the other book?

Is there something stopping you from editing the title of the first thread to include the other book?

The reason I only listed one book (the Saga #1) to begin with is because that was all I intended on selling. It sold immediately, and then the waterfall of congrats posts entered the thread. Any other book added to the thread would be lost behind all those. Bottom line is, I don't think I violated a rule since my first book was sold and that thread was closed before I started the new thread. I disagree with the ruling and think it was overzealous on the mod's part.

Well I wont argue that the mods are being overzealous, but if your 1st thread was still on the front page then you should have kept going with that thread, changed the subject line to show that there were more books in the thread and kept that thread going.

If you posted a second book after the congrats on the first sale it wouldn't be lost, there are plenty of sales threads with lots of chatter that have no problem moving books in the midst of shenanigans. (and really two people posting congrats is not a waterfall...and wouldn't make it tough to find the next book for sale)

the problem is the rule they are enforcing speaks to intent. "attempts to take up front page real estate by creating multiple threads for no reason are not allowed" you werent intending to take up the front page with multiple threads, but current convention is to group your books together in one sales thread as long as that grouping makes sense (ie a thread for moderns, a thread for TPBs).

Once the 1st thread falls off the first page you should have no problem starting up a new thread... but imagine if foolkiller started a new thread with every book he sold in succession... there'd be 10 pages of fkiller 1 book threads cause that thread "closed" after that book sold.

Oh and your Walking dead thread started at 11:11pm , the same time as you closed the Saga thread , so it wasnt as if the Saga thread had been closed for even a few minutes before you started a new thread.

It is what it is, I guess. My disagreement doesn't mean I won't abide by the rule. I will just wait until my other thread leaves page 1 to re-list the Walking Dead so I am in compliance. I appreciate your thoughts.

It is what it is, I guess. My disagreement doesn't mean I won't abide by the rule. I will just wait until my other thread leaves page 1 to re-list the Walking Dead so I am in compliance. I appreciate your thoughts.

Again ... why is it an issue to simply add the WD book to your existing thread & edit the title? Why do you need to create two different threads for just two books?

So I opened an unpaid item case against that Ebay zero feedbacker. The case is now closed and I got my listing fees back.

Ebay said that an unpaid item has been recorded on the buyer's account.

Since I was unable to leave negative feedback for that non paying individual, what ramifications are there to having an unpaid item recorded?

How is it possible that THIS thread just got resurrected? Before xelorknox brought this back to life today, the last post in the thread was in October '12. The last sales thread listed in the G/S/B sales forum has a January '13 date (on page 80!), so obviously there is mod deletion of inactive threads. Assuming that as of yesterday this thread no longer appeared in the G/S/B thread list, where could xelorknox have found it (in some cache somewhere?), and having found it, how could it come back to life if it had been deleted from the forum? Does this reveal a system glitch? (shrug)

How is it possible that THIS thread just got resurrected? Before xelorknox brought this back to life today, the last post in the thread was in October '12. The last sales thread listed in the G/S/B sales forum has a January '13 date (on page 80!), so obviously there is mod deletion of inactive threads. Assuming that as of yesterday this thread no longer appeared in the G/S/B thread list, where could xelorknox have found it (in some cache somewhere?), and having found it, how could it come back to life if it had been deleted from the forum? Does this reveal a system glitch? (shrug)

dont know that its actually deleted from the forum cause you can get to it thru a googled search no problem. The forum just seems to have an 80 page display limit for the forum, so the rest of the data is there, just you have to go in thru a different door to get to it...

What makes you think it was deleted? Old threads are not deleted and occasionally google searches can help resurrect an old thread.

I guess that's indeed what I was trying to understand, just for the sake of curiosity...are they deleted? If so, how could this one have been resurrected? If not, why not?

dont know that its actually deleted from the forum cause you can get to it thru a googled search no problem. The forum just seems to have an 80 page display limit for the forum, so the rest of the data is there, just you have to go in thru a different door to get to it...

Ahhhh...that makes sense...an 80 page display limit. So, question now is...why don't the mods delete sales threads after they have been inactive for, say, 6 months?