• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I will be here to call you out on your BS. Sounds like trolling to me, but since you feel it's a moral obligation to right the wrongs of certain members I feel compelled to do the same.

Actually I don't care enough, I just think it's important you be reminded of the type of individual you are. (shrug)

Lastly, stop with the accusations of being homophobic. You accused me of the same thing, without a stitch of merit, and it only makes you look desperate. You can get your counter punch in but I'm finished with you.

Mike, I am guessing you didn't see the deleted post with the slur directed at Ogami.

It was there, and it did happen. It got deleted by the mods so I don't blame you for not knowing about it, but it's not a spurious claim.

To the person who buttonrupped, sorry, I meant to say, buttonhumped Fingh's thread to locktown...

...wouldn't button humping Tup's posts have been the most fair, consistent, accurate to God, County and the boards thing to have done?

To those in doubt, yes I changed Ogami's board name for humorous effect in response to his slam above.

Really Chris... what I said to him was no more homophobic than what he said to me above... except I suppose I screw buttons.

I must say, trying to make me out to be homophobic is quite the stretch fellas.

So you admit to changing his screen name to include the word "GAY" but it wasn't supposed to be a homophobic slur? Unless you're a character in a 1940's Frank Capra film you weren't intending the inclusion of "GAY" to mean "happy".

You wrote it. You meant it. Just own it.

I'm glad you can finally admit that our board relationship has affected you posts towards me on a personal level.

I invite you to engage in similar self reflection. It's good for the soul and you can use it. You really need to examine behavior like calling Ogami, Ogaymi. Classy, real classy. But that's what we've come to expect from you.

Time heals all wounds and I hold no ill will towards you. :foryou:

I'd like to say that I can say the same. I can't but I'm willing to admit it's another personal flaw. Again, self reflection. Take a look in that mirror sometime and if you're honest with yourself, you will see stuff. Stuff you should want and need to change.

You can go your way and I will go mine, but I will gladly leave the PM door open should you wish to try again.

xxx ooo

Rupp

Let me make this perfectly clear. I am not your friend, nor your potential friend. There is no open door. And now, I'm going to do my very best to forget that you exist.

One less Christmas card to send out I guess :(

IMG_20131212_200903_595-1_zps9e3a899e.jpg

Let's all just get along. (I know that's impossible, but let's try.)

Even people that can't stand each other can find away to coexist.

This is posted in the wrong section. :baiting:

+1

I went looking for the rule that provides guidance about the correct location to spew personal vitriol, but couldn't find anything directly on point. :cry:

And all this on the heels of such a productive discussion... :(

This is posted in the wrong section. :baiting:

+1

I went looking for the rule that provides guidance about the correct location to spew personal vitriol, but couldn't find anything directly on point. :cry:

And all this on the heels of such a productive discussion... :(

The problem is, that "productive discussion" brought old feuds and wounds back to the surface, thus, all the butt-hertz being prominently displayed in this thread.

There may well be a few "vacations" given for the trolling that has been on display here. hm

Back on track:

So what's the general opinion on starting sales threads for slabbed comics without having the books in hand or the scans of the comics to post? Seems to be an increasing trend.

People do it all the time but I am not a fan. What is the rush. Why not wait another few days till you actually have the books in your hands before flipping them??

I agree, but I guess it's a buyer beware situation. If you don't want to stick your neck out by posting the take it sign without a scan, then wait for the scan.

Prediction, though: One of these days someone is going to post the take it on a high-dollar 7.0 or so book with no scan and then find that it has a gnarly dust shadow or a stained back cover or something and try to renege on the deal. At that point, we'll have a merry little discussion of the transaction in this thread. :D

I will be here to call you out on your BS. Sounds like trolling to me, but since you feel it's a moral obligation to right the wrongs of certain members I feel compelled to do the same.

Actually I don't care enough, I just think it's important you be reminded of the type of individual you are. (shrug)

Lastly, stop with the accusations of being homophobic. You accused me of the same thing, without a stitch of merit, and it only makes you look desperate. You can get your counter punch in but I'm finished with you.

Boy Park, he sure put you in your place with that one :ohnoez:

rantrant

I do NOT know the history behind such basically vile statements from boardies to other boardies although there will always be disagreements and the "can't" get along people. Is or was it that much of a big deal to carry that amount of hate :devil: inside?

But, It's the christmas season do none of you spewing this :censored: have no sense of the christmas spirit? ??? Does no one have it in them to be the bigger person during this season at least?

Sigh...

I love the holidays so much but during the season I just don't get why people have to be such individual_without_enough_empathys to each other. Wait til new years then explode :slapfight:

ehhhh 2c

I don't like the precedent that TheMightyMidget is trying to establish here... that is, the argument that as long as copper/modern books are technically offered as freebies, it's not a rules violation to put them in G/S/B (see the G/S/B thread HERE ). So, if books are placed in the wrong area, the mods should not move the thread if the incorrectly placed books are offered as freebies (and there are 3 of them in there...not 1, as indicated in the initial post...so, 20% of the books in that thread are C/M)? What? I disagree. Don't get the logic...actually, there is no logic offered. Thoughts on this concept?

And the most flummoxing thing is that TheMightyMidget actually (appropriately) has a concurrent thread established in C/M! Why not just put them there?

Why, oh why, oh why does this have to be so complicated?

m1323.gif

Edited by edowens71

I don't like the precedent that TheMightyMidget is trying to establish here... that is, the argument that as long as copper/modern books are technically offered as freebies, it's not a rules violation to put them in G/S/B (see the G/S/B thread HERE ). So, if books are placed in the wrong area, the mods should not move the thread if the incorrectly placed books are offered as freebies (and there are 3 of them in there...not 1, as indicated in the initial post...so, 20% of the books in that thread are C/M)? What? I disagree. Don't get the logic...actually, there is no logic offered. Thoughts on this concept?

And the most flummoxing thing is that TheMightyMidget actually (appropriately) has a concurrent thread established in C/M! Why not just put them there?

Why, oh why, oh why does this have to be so complicated?

m1323.gif

flum·mox

ˈfləməks/

verb

informal

gerund or present participle: flummoxing

perplex (someone) greatly; bewilder.

"he was completely flummoxed by the question"

synonyms: baffle, perplex, puzzle, bewilder, mystify, bemuse, confuse, confound; More

informalfaze, stump, beat, fox, be all Greek to, floor, discombobulate

"at age ten, he created intricate math problems that flummoxed his teachers"

Origin

mid 19th cent.: probably of dialect origin; compare with dialect flummock ‘to make untidy, confuse.’

thought I'd save a lot of people the trouble

thought I'd save a lot of people the trouble

(thumbs u lol

I had already used "perplexed" in a recent post up above, so didn't want to be repetitive. Mix it up a bit.

And isn't it the case that the mods moved his thread to Mixed once already today? Now he takes the initiative to move it back, and actually addresses the mods in the first thread post, telling them it's OK that he moved it back because now the C/Ms are freebies? Do I have this right?

rantrant

I do NOT know the history behind such basically vile statements from boardies to other boardies although there will always be disagreements and the "can't" get along people. Is or was it that much of a big deal to carry that amount of hate :devil: inside?

But, It's the christmas season do none of you spewing this :censored: have no sense of the christmas spirit? ??? Does no one have it in them to be the bigger person during this season at least?

Sigh...

I love the holidays so much but during the season I just don't get why people have to be such individual_without_enough_empathys to each other. Wait til new years then explode :slapfight:

ehhhh 2c