• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Dale,

I applaud you for that decision, sir.

Although I think the separate thread approach provides a nice, clean structure, Rupp raises an interesting point about putting the thread back in Mixed that relates to my thoughts about Mixed that I didn't want to digress to earlier...

This is for all of us to consider:

Why is Mixed a four-letter word? If any of us thinks it’s better to have our books in one large thread for whatever reason, why not run our threads in Mixed? That’s what it’s there for. Is it because it’s a “low traffic” area…no one goes there...it's too much trouble to check it…is that it? I don’t think that’s true…say I’m browsing the boards, I have some money with which to buy comics…I think, ‘hey, I wonder if there are any good threads in Mixed’…I click the link. (shrug) Why does no one go there…because there are never any good sales threads there? Is that why? I assure you that if Dale Roberts was running an epic sales thread in Mixed, I'd go there. Do you see how this is endogenous? If people put quality combined threads in Mixed instead of incorrectly putting them elsewhere, Mixed would not be a low traffic area…people would go there, and sellers would love putting their threads there. It’s self-fulfilling! You could make a case that the collective rules violations (putting combined threads elsewhere) are a key cause of why Mixed is a low traffic area! hm

All you have to do is look in Mixed and you can tell. There are DVDs and curtains being sold in there. Its a flea market.

Dale, you can actually have posts in all three forums for one thread- the books get parked in Mixed and then use the "Misc Forum Alert! " threads in the other two to promote the thread. It's stickied to the top and has the potential to be seen by everyone entering the forum, which is not the case once a thread falls off the first page.

Dale,

I applaud you for that decision, sir.

Although I think the separate thread approach provides a nice, clean structure, Rupp raises an interesting point about putting the thread back in Mixed that relates to my thoughts about Mixed that I didn't want to digress to earlier...

This is for all of us to consider:

Why is Mixed a four-letter word? If any of us thinks it’s better to have our books in one large thread for whatever reason, why not run our threads in Mixed? That’s what it’s there for. Is it because it’s a “low traffic” area…no one goes there...it's too much trouble to check it…is that it? I don’t think that’s true…say I’m browsing the boards, I have some money with which to buy comics…I think, ‘hey, I wonder if there are any good threads in Mixed’…I click the link. (shrug) Why does no one go there…because there are never any good sales threads there? Is that why? I assure you that if Dale Roberts was running an epic sales thread in Mixed, I'd go there. Do you see how this is endogenous? If people put quality combined threads in Mixed instead of incorrectly putting them elsewhere, Mixed would not be a low traffic area…people would go there, and sellers would love putting their threads there. It’s self-fulfilling! You could make a case that the collective rules violations (putting combined threads elsewhere) are a key cause of why Mixed is a low traffic area! hm

All you have to do is look in Mixed and you can tell. There are DVDs and curtains being sold in there. Its a flea market.

Dale, you can actually have posts in all three forums for one thread- the books get parked in Mixed and then use the "Misc Forum Alert! " threads in the other two to promote the thread. It's stickied to the top and has the potential to be seen by everyone entering the forum, which is not the case once a thread falls off the first page.

Nobody reads that thread :makepoint:

I thought this was funny...Dale...you are not talking about the difference between Neiman Marcus and Target, lol...you sell at conventions, they sell DVDs and T-shirts, swords, dolls and I'd bet I could find a shower curtain or two if I really tried;)

I thought this was funny...Dale...you are not talking about the difference between Neiman Marcus and Target, lol...you sell at conventions, they sell DVDs and T-shirts, swords, dolls and I'd bet I could find a shower curtain or two if I really tried;)

$T2eC16NHJIQFHHZvWbECBS()p8!K3Q~~60_35.JPG

:luhv: I'd use it!

I have no problem with people selling anything they like. However, the same people who are shopping for DVDs and curtains are not looking for $1000.00 golden age comics. If you notice, when I set up at conventions, I am not set up in the DVD, sword, new stuff section. I am set up with GA and SA dealers. And yes, at conventions I sell some modern stuff occasionally too.

I have no problem with people selling anything they like. However, the same people who are shopping for DVDs and curtains are not looking for $1000.00 golden age comics. If you notice, when I set up at conventions, I am not set up in the DVD, sword, new stuff section. I am set up with GA and SA dealers. And yes, at conventions I sell some modern stuff occasionally too.

So that being said, in you Golden Age boxes that you bring to conventions that have $1000 books in them... or in the Silver and Bronze Age boxes you have pictured in your sig line, you also have current Walking Dead issues in those and maybe a New Mutants # 100 ?

Again, not about how many moderns you have placed in G/S/B Only sales thread. :foryou:

So that being said, in you Golden Age boxes that you bring to conventions that have $1000 books in them... or in the Silver and Bronze Age boxes you have pictured in your sig line, you also have current Walking Dead issues in those and maybe a New Mutants # 100 ?

Again, not about how many moderns you have placed in G/S/B Only sales thread. :foryou:

+1

miss the point much?

Edited by Dale Roberts

miss the point much?

And your point being... ? Was it in your pre-edited post?

To the person who buttonrupped, sorry, I meant to say, buttonhumped Fingh's thread to locktown...

...wouldn't button humping Tup's posts have been the most fair, consistent, accurate to God, County and the boards thing to have done?

To the person who buttonrupped, sorry, I meant to say, buttonhumped Fingh's thread to locktown...

...wouldn't button humping Tup's posts have been the most fair, consistent, accurate to God, County and the boards thing to have done?

I appreciate you associating my name with humping up there. Brilliant use of wordplay.

Nice to know that instigation is still alive and well around here.

For your information, I didn't hump DR's button if that's what you are implying.

That said... I'm glad someone did... and I'm also glad that someone humped yours.

Enjoy the rest of your day and have the most pleasant of Christmases

(thumbs u x2 ... and that's both hands ;)

So the biggest source of butthurt in the forums right now is over whether a sales thread belongs in mixed? Someone must never forget that one special time their thread was moved.

I appreciate you associating my name with humping up there. Brilliant use of wordplay.

For your information, I didn't hump DR's button if that's what you are implying.

That said... I'm glad someone did... and I'm also glad that someone humped yours.

This is my post replying to your post.

Dale should have adhered to the rules.

Rupp should not care as much.

Everyone else is just crotch agitating and should instead join the Holiday Raffle and have some good old Griswold family fun. (Thumbs u

Dale should have adhered to the rules.

Rupp should not care as much.

Everyone else is just crotch agitating and should instead join the Holiday Raffle and have some good old Griswold family fun. (Thumbs u

:applause:

Great Griswold reference.

This is my post replying to your post.

This is me acknowledging that my post is bigger ;)