• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

You tell 'em "Cancer avatar guy".... meh

27485.jpg

You either find it funny, or you don't. I find it funny.

I'm with you, I find cancer and those suffering through it absolutely hysterical.

You tell 'em "serial killer avatar guy" .... meh

Christian Bale is a serial killer?!?! :o

This is the type of thing that people like Athaxto will never understand about these boards. Last week I sent a member of the boards a box of stuff simply because I knew he wanted them and never expected anything in return.

Well, today I get a huge package and guess what? Another boardie (RenoMcCoy) had arranged for his raffle prize to go to me because he knew it contained something I wanted to read. This was a completely different boardie that I did not know and he did not know I had just did a similar act. THAT is what these boards are all about.

Athaxto, you may say you did not join to make friends, but let me tell you, friends are the best part of these boards. Comics are just the bond that brought us together. Thanks Reno McCoy and Slym2None!!!!!

Something I've been wondering:

Why do people post :takeit: via PM?

The seller knows it was negotiated out. I understand that an :takeit: is needed in the thread to make things official, let other potential buyers know, and so on. Adding the "via PM" doesn't really add some binding clause. It seems that per forum norms, once there's a dispute, PM's, emails, and whatever other communications might become public.

Is there good reason to add the "via PM"? And is there reason not, too? As to the latter, I figure people can PM if they want, and it's not for me to advertise that I've been talking with a seller via PM. When I have bought by PM, I just post a regular :takeit: in the sales thread.

I put up :takeit: via PM to remind myself to check PMs if I forget what I paid. Which I've done more than once. :shy:

I also do it so that people don't assume I paid full price...I might not want them to know what I paid, and I also might not want them to use my sale as a basis for future pricing, if you know what I mean.

And I do it so people know that I got a PM, which makes me look important. lol

But yeah, you certainly don't have to say "via PM" to make it official or anything.

For my own sales threads, I ask people who work something out with me via PM to post the :takeit: in the thread so that we're all clear that the deal's done. Sometimes negotiations can get murky, but that :takeit: right there in the thread is quite clear. Whether they want to add "via PM" is up to them.

I put up :takeit: via PM to remind myself to check PMs if I forget what I paid. Which I've done more than once. :shy:

I also do it so that people don't assume I paid full price...I might not want them to know what I paid, and I also might not want them to use my sale as a basis for future pricing, if you know what I mean.

And I do it so people know that I got a PM, which makes me look important. lol

Speedy negotiates prices up via PM...

he's a rebel..

:banana:

Something I've been wondering:

Why do people post :takeit: via PM?

The seller knows it was negotiated out. I understand that an :takeit: is needed in the thread to make things official, let other potential buyers know, and so on. Adding the "via PM" doesn't really add some binding clause. It seems that per forum norms, once there's a dispute, PM's, emails, and whatever other communications might become public.

Is there good reason to add the "via PM"? And is there reason not, too? As to the latter, I figure people can PM if they want, and it's not for me to advertise that I've been talking with a seller via PM. When I have bought by PM, I just post a regular :takeit: in the sales thread.

Sometimes when I have a sales thread I have a ton of PMs, they can't be sorted, it's a pita to do a "find" search.

I find having it all on the thread helps keep me organized. If someone wants to stay anonymous (and I always ask) ..then I just say it was purchased by "anonymous".

Sometimes people want to post the take it, they just pmed me to ask for time payments or if I can ship to Mars or something.