• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Is Threadcrapping in WTB threads frowned on? hm

lol It -ing should be....

It seems to not be monitored like sale threads.

Don't worry, the mods will work their "magic" in the WTB threads also. lol

They tend to follow me around :fear:

Something I've been wondering:

Why do people post :takeit: via PM?

The seller knows it was negotiated out. I understand that an :takeit: is needed in the thread to make things official, let other potential buyers know, and so on. Adding the "via PM" doesn't really add some binding clause. It seems that per forum norms, once there's a dispute, PM's, emails, and whatever other communications might become public.

Is there good reason to add the "via PM"? And is there reason not, too? As to the latter, I figure people can PM if they want, and it's not for me to advertise that I've been talking with a seller via PM. When I have bought by PM, I just post a regular :takeit: in the sales thread.

Sometimes when I have a sales thread I have a ton of PMs, they can't be sorted, it's a pita to do a "find" search.

I find having it all on the thread helps keep me organized. If someone wants to stay anonymous (and I always ask) ..then I just say it was purchased by "anonymous".

Sometimes people want to post the take it, they just pmed me to ask for time payments or if I can ship to Mars or something.

I've had sellers selling more than one copy specifically ask me to not put "per pm."

You tell 'em "Cancer avatar guy".... meh

27485.jpg

You either find it funny, or you don't. I find it funny.

I thought it was maybe "either you're losing/lost someone to cancer, or you haven't."

Something tells me you haven't.

You tell 'em "Cancer avatar guy".... meh

27485.jpg

You either find it funny, or you don't. I find it funny.

I thought it was maybe "either you're losing/lost someone to cancer, or you haven't."

Something tells me you haven't.

Agreed. :(

Underground books can be a tricky business when buying or selling.

Bizarre Sex #9: There are six printings of this comic book, all by Kitchen Sink. The 1st printing (10,000 copies) has a $1.50 cover price, the 2nd through 4th printings have a $1.75 cover price, the 5th printing has a $2.00 cover price, and the 6th printing has a $2.50 cover price. All of the printings indicate which printing they are on the inside front cover.

Someone listed a 5th printing as a 1st printing, most probably by mistake. These sell for like $5 on Ebay.

1st printing ($1.50 cover price)

bizarresex9-1stb.jpg

4th printing ($1.75 cover price)

bizarresex9-4thb.jpg

This comment is not really directed towards HusTruck... but really everyone.

I never could understand why ANYONE would want to air out his/her personal affairs on a chat board.

We all have deaths in our families, sickness, car wreaks, crime related instances, divorce, locust plagues and other various etc. No one is immune to these aspects of daily life.

Is there really any reason why anyone would want to bring it up on a comic related chat board unless it's in your personal journal thread? Usually when it's brought up in the regular threads, two or three flare ups occur publicly. The majority of these flare ups end up sounding like "my sickness is worse than yours" or "my death in the family was more heart wrenching". And it doesn't feel good to read these things, especially when we ALL have dealt with our own losses & problems ourselves.

Perhaps if someone has stated something that offends you in regards to these things, a simple PM would suffice, rather than the usual "raking over the coals" leading to the eventual "pile on" that usually ends in "carryover angst".

Everyone has friends on this board they can PM their problems to. I personally don't feel that everyone needs to know I married my 1st cousin, who was a converted Scientologist vegan, who tore her pinky fingernail off in a freak accident filming a Pepsi commercial sponsored by the Humane Society. It's no one's business but my own, my family, and my personal friends.

Around here, someone would pick into the above scenario and I would be labeled a hillbilly inbred, religion hating, Coke segregationist, "meat is murder" animal lover...and I'm sure homophobic would be tossed in for good measure ;)

I, myself, had a "cancer match" here two years ago that was brought up by another party for no reason at all. All it did was cause hard feelings and bring up bad memories. :(

If a simple PM, won't correct the situation, then by all means, roast away. Just realize that the majority of us don't want to come here to read about the bad aspects of human existence... and just "talk, buy, and sell" comic books.

pizapcom1093027475150302051368664288901_zps8abd1009.jpg

Disclaimer: No offense intended to cousins, scientologists, people with no pinky fingernails, the Humane Society, hillbillies, PETA, homophobic individuals, haters, lovers and Coke or Pepsi

I broke my pinky finger a few years ago. I am still offended....

:jokealert:

Just saw this lol

I forgot to put the "Broken Phalanges Society" in the disclaimer at the bottom... my apologies. :(

:roflmao: