• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I guess it was a bit dramatic, but you have to admit - the last four months or so have seen an increase in shills, :screwy: vocal noobs, PL/HOS nominations and headaches.

I can remember when I first signed up seeing Flaming Telepath sales threads - now, (shrug)

I see the veterans talking all the time how it's gotten bad lately. Just was wondering if there was ever a period of time like this before.

I guess it was a bit dramatic, but you have to admit - the last four months or so have seen an increase in shills, :screwy: vocal noobs, PL/HOS nominations and headaches.

I can remember when I first signed up seeing Flaming Telepath sales threads - now, (shrug)

I see the veterans talking all the time how it's gotten bad lately. Just was wondering if there was ever a period of time like this before.

http://www.allabouthistory.org/the-dark-ages.htm

You're right, there has been an increase, but as the site gets bigger, it would appear to me that this is inevitable. Who knows if any of these new sellers will be the next FT or someone else Joe mentioned

I don't know if there is a connection why those sellers don't sell anymore and the new breed.

I would counter as a devils adovacate that in the past 4 months I've seen 2 long time dealers/sellers rip off 2 buyers, one out of 10k (probably more) and another out of 3k.

That to me seems more dark.

I'm sure someone soon will come in and remind us we are just n00bs and should just shut up.

Here's the WTB

It's funny that GIJOE who got TK'ed sometime ago kinda slightly did it in there

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=325523&Number=7324350#Post7324350

:news: serious butthurtz going on

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7331183#Post7331183

I wonder how Oceanavekid's shipping is? hm

If you want to know how my shipping is, ask MagnetoWasRight

He bought my cap 112

r0za0y.jpg

out of all the books i've ever shipped, only one arrived damaged and I worked the issue out with the buyer. It's on me, no matter how you package them. If you sell enough one or two will end up damaged. I've bought books from huge companies and the slab still somehow managed to get damaged. Like I said I worked things out with the buyer. Not much else I can do. I'll package the slab a lot better next time.

That guy got pissy because I didn't buy any of his books

He has some good stuff but for what I was looking for his stuff wasn't high grade enough. I'm not going to buy every single book from everyone that PMs me

What I have bought from people on the boards those members have had no issues with me. I pay in a timely matter. Other than the shipping issue, which is all on me. I'm not out to scam anyone out of their cash. I just want what I want and if someone tries to sell me something I'm not interested in. I'm not going to buy, simple as that.

It's closed/deleted now, but when I looked at it this morning, I think it was missing several things such as shipping method as well as the payment method. I don't know if he edited it but I think all it had listed was a scan and the price. (shrug)

The payment method was the only thing missing.

As far as "shipping method" being included, 98% of the threads here fail to give that info. They'll list prices, but the majority of them don't specify media mail, parcel post, priority, UPS, or FedEx. Heck, HusTruck charged $10 for shipping, then told people to PM him if they wanted their slabs shipped in a box, in which case he increased the shipping costs. :tonofbricks:

A buyer may think that with the prices charged for shipping that they're getting priority mail, but I think we've all seen sellers charge priority prices then ship media mail. The best sellers though, are the ones who get all butt-hurtz when you ask for them to ship in a box, even when you're nice enough to offer to pay extra just so the slimeball can buy the box to ship the books in. Then of course, they don't bother to insulate the books in any way inside of the box. :censored:

The noobs and some of the shadier boardies around here are making it where it's not only safer to buy from e-bay, but to also trust Mile High to get accurately graded books. I liked the sales thread a few weeks back, where the seller said all the books were NM/NM+, all the while the bags that the books were in had the Mile High "NM" stickers visible on the majority of the books. :facepalm:

And some people have wondered why more and more of the "long-time" best of the best boardies have all but abandoned buying or selling around here. The close-knit sense of community became diluted, so whereas we rarely see sales threads from BronzeBruce, Flaming Telepath, or hell, even greggy, we now get sales threads from Symbiotic, HusTruck, and whoever else the scamster "flavor" of the day is.

And in the rare cases where we do have honest dealers offering good books at great deals here, we have the "lunatic fringe" lurking about, ready and willing to whine and cry to the mods just because heaven forbid, somebody posted 8%, instead of the 5% they initially stated, in a sales thread in the G/S/B sales area. Whining because you're thread got moved to the mixed section, when the other seller who simply PM'd the mod and explained his case, and got his sales thread moved back into the G/S/B forum, just showed that too many people here get their "Victoria's Secrets" in a knot way too often.

If certain board members would watch out and expose the scammers and shysters around here, instead of continuing to "wage war" with boardies they obviously can't stand, the sales areas would be a lot better off. Instead, we're left with instances where once somebody says something, we pretty much instantly know not only who will post to disagree with them, but that their "posse" will also be sure to follow. It's pretty bad that when certain people post something, you can PM other people and tell them not only who will show up to disagree with them, but also who the sheep will be that will be following the shepherd.

mic_drop_2750.png

:applause:

It's closed/deleted now, but when I looked at it this morning, I think it was missing several things such as shipping method as well as the payment method. I don't know if he edited it but I think all it had listed was a scan and the price. (shrug)

As far as "shipping method" being included, 98% of the threads here fail to give that info. They'll list prices, but the majority of them don't specify media mail, parcel post, priority, UPS, or FedEx. Heck, HusTruck charged $10 for shipping, then told people to PM him if they wanted their slabs shipped in a box, in which case he increased the shipping costs. :tonofbricks:

A buyer may think that with the prices charged for shipping that they're getting priority mail, but I think we've all seen sellers charge priority prices then ship media mail. The best sellers though, are the ones who get all butt-hurtz when you ask for them to ship in a box, even when you're nice enough to offer to pay extra just so the slimeball can buy the box to ship the books in. Then of course, they don't bother to insulate the books in any way inside of the box. :censored:

The noobs and some of the shadier boardies around here are making it where it's not only safer to buy from e-bay, but to also trust Mile High to get accurately graded books. I liked the sales thread a few weeks back, where the seller said all the books were NM/NM+, all the while the bags that the books were in had the Mile High "NM" stickers visible on the majority of the books. :facepalm:

And some people have wondered why more and more of the "long-time" best of the best boardies have all but abandoned buying or selling around here. The close-knit sense of community became diluted, so whereas we rarely see sales threads from BronzeBruce, Flaming Telepath, or hell, even greggy, we now get sales threads from Symbiotic, HusTruck, and whoever else the scamster "flavor" of the day is.

And in the rare cases where we do have honest dealers offering good books at great deals here, we have the "lunatic fringe" lurking about, ready and willing to whine and cry to the mods just because heaven forbid, somebody posted 8%, instead of the 5% they initially stated, in a sales thread in the G/S/B sales area. Whining because you're thread got moved to the mixed section, when the other seller who simply PM'd the mod and explained his case, and got his sales thread moved back into the G/S/B forum, just showed that too many people here get their "Victoria's Secrets" in a knot way too often.

If certain board members would watch out and expose the scammers and shysters around here, instead of continuing to "wage war" with boardies they obviously can't stand, the sales areas would be a lot better off. Instead, we're left with instances where once somebody says something, we pretty much instantly know not only who will post to disagree with them, but that their "posse" will also be sure to follow. It's pretty bad that when certain people post something, you can PM other people and tell them not only who will show up to disagree with them.

Does this mean you agree you crapped in my sales thread?

I am enjoying the strikes and hope they increase ten fold. Fear and paranoia will be the new norm. I want this place to read like a Kafka novel.

If that Shakespearean Tragedy series of comments went over people's heads this one's in orbit. :applause:

5y0l2.jpg

-slym

Home Movies :cloud9:

Well played sir.

If certain board members would watch out and expose the scammers and shysters around here, instead of continuing to "wage war" with boardies they obviously can't stand, the sales areas would be a lot better off. Instead, we're left with instances where once somebody says something, we pretty much instantly know not only who will post to disagree with them, but that their "posse" will also be sure to follow. It's pretty bad that when certain people post something, you can PM other people and tell them not only who will show up to disagree with them, but also who the sheep will be that will be following the shepherd.

Well Joe... I don't know if I'd classify those concerned with this in the category of "lunatic fringe".

I personally wouldn't want ANY boardie to have influence over ANY mod's ear.

From the start, it sounded like you were like a jealous girl who couldn't get the cool guy's (Mods) attention. It was nothing to do with the fact that the mods changed the thread back, it was apparent from reading your posts that the biggest hurtz came from the fact that you couldn't get mods to answer your PM's. If they feel like a PM deserves a direct response, they'll answer, if they don't, they won't respond. This is nothing new, it's been that way for over 10 years.

First he may just want his thread moved back because he's only breaking a sales rule... next he may want YOUR board privileges revoked. Do you really advocate that a boardie should have that kind of power?

Yeah, Dale getting his thread moved back is going to cause everybody to lose their board privileges. meh And you do realize that there are boardies that are also mods, right? (shrug)

Could you imagine giving that kind of power to some of the boardies around here? Would you give that kind of power to me? How about Park? Or maybe Boscoe, Speedy or Fingh? Maybe Tiny?

You may be surprised at the identity of some of the mods. lol

That thread that got moved back to G/S/B should have been no different than the endless that get moved to mixed daily.

This just proved that some of the button-humpers need to get lives rather than "notify the mod" everytime a sales thread offends them for any reason from too many moderns listed, to they just don't like the seller.

The fact that the rules have been viciously enforced concerning these small sales threads for such minimal infractions astounds me when, the "lunatic fringe" thread in question, just closed up shop after a healthy ONE MONTH run.

Viciously enforced? Time to put your tin-hat back on. doh!

On a fair playing field, rules apply to ALL not just the people who can call and get them changed.

You must have missed the point of the problem concerning that sales thread. I personally could give a rat's rectal area about how many moderns in a G/S/B thread one person has... it's when that one boardie can influence STATED board policy/rules and have it changed in their favor. That's something I have a problem with.

But unfortunately, the rules between the different sales thread ages, aren't all black and white. Nobody can agree on what ages begin in what year, so there will always be "judgement calls" made. And you do realize that Dale is not the first, only, or last person who got a mod to put their thread back was it originally started from, right? It just seemed from your reaction that because the mods changed it for Dale, you went right into "favoritism rules" and "only the big guy gets responses from the mods". The whole attitude during that time period screamed of butt-hurtz, plain and simple.

The ONLY thing this "lunatic fringe" member truly expects from moderation around here is a fair playing field. You should expect that too. :foryou:

The persecution complex around here is getting kind of thick. Out of thousands of members here, there are very few who complain about the mods "playing on a level playing field". And the majority of the vocal complainers are those who have either broken a rule and gotten their "wrist slapped", or those who are just upset that they're "crying wolf", and it is going unnoticed. :facepalm:

If certain board members would watch out and expose the scammers and shysters around here, instead of continuing to "wage war" with boardies they obviously can't stand, the sales areas would be a lot better off. Instead, we're left with instances where once somebody says something, we pretty much instantly know not only who will post to disagree with them, but that their "posse" will also be sure to follow. It's pretty bad that when certain people post something, you can PM other people and tell them not only who will show up to disagree with them.

Does this mean you agree you crapped in my sales thread?

Nope, especially when you thought, even after repeated warnings, that you were above having to have a reserve price set up when running an auction. (thumbs u

I am enjoying the strikes and hope they increase ten fold. Fear and paranoia will be the new norm. I want this place to read like a Kafka novel.

If that Shakespearean Tragedy series of comments went over people's heads this one's in orbit. :applause:

5y0l2.jpg

-slym

Home Movies :cloud9:

Well played sir.

+100000 :headbang:

I miss that show so damn much.