• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Thanks Jay....the refs were killing me but ultimately they had a chance to win it and blew it so no excuses. The worst part is that one of the interceptions was by Chancellor who went to school at my own Virginia Tech team. lol

So did anyone but me buy HusTruk's story? He really seems more bumbling and socially awkward than malicious or shady, but I could be wrong. Maybe I'm not a good judge of character.

I totally understand what you mean. He did type me and apologize for what happened today and asked for my advice on how to handle it. He followed my advice and tried to fix the situation so I will give him the benefit of the doubt since he is a fellow board member. Hopefully he continues to work on his social skills and board etiquette moving forward. For me the situation is closed pending any further incidents of the kind. However, I too will be proceeding with caution.

Watch out you don't misplace your generosity. 2c

Agreed. Hopefully it did not sound as if I was defending him. I am not, at all. I just do not have any proof either way so not much else I can do.

You are too late Slym. See what happens when you leave the house for once? lol

Ohhhh, that won't stop him from following up on this.

(:

I'm looking forward to mid-week when he'll comment on today's dramatic turn of events.

:popcorn:

-bababooey ;)

I'll be sure to come back in 3-4 days.

:shrug:

-slym

Here's what I cannot buy about HusTruck's auctions being anything other than knowingly shilled.

Numerous auctions of his were listed at least twice (BB47, Howard the Duck1, Shazam1 and more). The most logical and blatant shill account, a "0" feedback ebayer who has bid on nearly all HusTrucks auctions for 3+ months and won many of those, bid the auctions up to a max value/price threshold. Those auctions were ended early and immediately relisted within $2 of top shill bid.

Remember, the auctions were relisted almost immediately but he claims on this very forum that they are being relisted due to non-paying bidders. That can't be explained away due to ebay ignorance or vindictive ebay bidders, it just can't.

I also completed a $1000+ transaction with him and he paid on time, unless you were talking about me?

Someone else. So that would be two known large transactions where it went smoothly.

So they are out there when it comes to positives transactions. They are just not public.

I also completed a $1000+ transaction with him and he paid on time, unless you were talking about me?

Someone else. So that would be two known large transactions where it went smoothly.

So they are out there when it comes to positives transactions. They are just not public.

The potential shilling and other "different" behavior is going to be the community acceptance challenge, though.

This was going to be part of my counter argument. As far what the community knows about him, all of his transactions on these boards have been 100% completed. He's paid everyone up to now (since no one on here has said anything to the contrary) and everything he's sold has been shipped (with no real issues to report). As far as a buyer/seller on these boards, he's just like everyone else (allowed to buy/sell). His behavior up to recently has been very quiet (since he came on here and said he would tone down his behavior). So he's kept his word about that as well.

I'm not blind or dumb to the accusations brought against him, and while the bidding does seem suspect, I also think there is more to this individual than the last 10 pages say. Personally I would take everything into account when dealing with him not just what is said here. Do I trust him the way I trust some other boardies, no.

But there's a lot of other boardies I don't trust before him, that's for sure.

The potential shilling and other "different" behavior is going to be the community acceptance challenge, though.

This was going to be part of my counter argument. As far what the community knows about him, all of his transactions on these boards have been 100% completed. He's paid everyone up to now (since no one on here has said anything to the contrary) and everything he's sold has been shipped (with no real issues to report). As far as a buyer/seller on these boards, he's just like everyone else (allowed to buy/sell). His behavior up to recently has been very quiet (since he came on here and said he would tone down his behavior). So he's kept his word about that as well.

I'm not blind or dumb to the accusations brought against him, and while the bidding does seem suspect, I also think there is more to this individual than the last 10 pages say. Personally I would take everything into account when dealing with him not just what is said here. Do I trust him the way I trust some other boardies, no.

But there's a lot of other boardies I don't trust before him, that's for sure.

If HusTruck bought something from me, paid up front and all went well, great. If he disappeared and I never heard about him again, I wouldn't mind. If he went ballistic and started threatening everyone in an epic FDQ thread, I wouldn't be at all surprised. If I learned he was shilling his auctions to make a few extra bucks, but did it ridiculously poorly and got busted right quick, I would also not be surprised. If he became a doctor who cured cancer...that would be a shocker.

He reminds me of Tom Haverford in Parks and Rec: all silly Ballah style and swagger, without a clue what he's constantly doing wrong. Only probably a bit more sketchy.

And down goes CC again.

:facepalm:

lol Whoever could have seen that coming?

For a retailer, I am surprised how he does this without thinking of the new customers he doesn't gain on here due to his actions.

A long while back, he gave a guy a hard time for posting his Ebay listings in the appropriate area ONLY because the guy was selling them on Ebay, and not here.

:screwy:

And down goes CC again.

For a retailer, I am surprised how he does this without thinking of the new customers he doesn't gain on here due to his actions.

A long while back, he gave a guy a hard time for posting his Ebay listings in the appropriate area ONLY because the guy was selling them on Ebay, and not here.

He's got BSD syndrome and might not even know it.

This is edited, as the comment was not this polite.

Odd....there are several of those books that you could have listed here (that would sell) instead of eBay.

Curious as to why you chose eBay before the boards??

Help a boardie buy an engagement ring

What was funny is then when CC posted a sales notice for Ebay, people started asking him why he wasn't selling the books on here versus Ebay.

lol

And at least Ares gave the fellow some reassurance.

Also, many of the books I look to sell are rare, like 30 and 35 cent price variants, so sometimes you just have to take them to the 'bay, even if you do it reluctantly as I do. Did I really make such a mistake? :shrug:

You didnt do anythign wrong.

I put put books up here all the time. When they dont sell I move them to ebay.

Dont let anyone tell you otherwise.

BTW good luck with sale.

I did same thing 3 years ago you are doing now. I never regretted it

:applause:

And down goes CC again.

And down goes CC again.

Since his AIM name is 'cockybrock' I tend to doubt its news to him. :)