• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Actually I am not a good judge of character either. Turns out someone I bought off of is a gambler and greedy as a guy working in Wall Street.

Live and learn...

Edited by MetalPSI

Question, if you put up a :takeit: and the seller does not send you a invoice, how long do you have to wait before you don't have to go honor the deal? Do you have to give the seller 30 days also?

If you reached out to him and he ignored you that is a problem. If it is an ongoing thread and he has not sent you one yet, I would just reach out to them. It is common on here for some sellers to create a pile for each customer until the thread is over or the buyer says that is all they want.

He still has a few books fs on this thread, but it has moved off the first page. He had not posted pictures and said he was going to put them up. Nothing since, I have pm'd him asking for an invoice. Hopefully I will hear back from him this week.

Question, if you put up a :takeit: and the seller does not send you a invoice, how long do you have to wait before you don't have to go honor the deal? Do you have to give the seller 30 days also?

If you reached out to him and he ignored you that is a problem. If it is an ongoing thread and he has not sent you one yet, I would just reach out to them. It is common on here for some sellers to create a pile for each customer until the thread is over or the buyer says that is all they want.

He still has a few books fs on this thread, but it has moved off the first page. He had not posted pictures and said he was going to put them up. Nothing since, I have pm'd him asking for an invoice. Hopefully I will hear back from him this week.

How long have you been waiting?

How long have you been waiting?

He bought the book on the 14th, it's from blob's sales thread. As blob said, we was behind in getting the scans done and to give it time. If you haven't already, send him a PM and request your invoice. A lot of sellers who run sales threads over a period of time wait until they close the thread to send the invoice. I assumed he wasn't done posting yet.

If you want an invoice from him, give him a request for a PM, and I'm sure you'll get it.

What do you consider to be the dividing line/date for choosing the Golden/silver/Bronze or the Copper/Modern? I thing of bronze going to like 1985 but wanted other opinions

I thought this was worked out, but now I don't remember. 1982 was it?

What do you consider to be the dividing line/date for choosing the Golden/silver/Bronze or the Copper/Modern? I thing of bronze going to like 1985 but wanted other opinions

I thought this was worked out, but now I don't remember. 1982 was it?

Comic Age Thread

(shrug)

Let me cut and paste those for you Harvey ;)

Now if we could just CGC moderation to back up these dates... the world would tilt back onto its axis and beginning spinning again :grin:

Atom Age. The period recognized by the industry as being between 1946, after the dropping of the Atomic bomb, and continuing until the start of the Silver Age, in 1956.

Golden Age. CGC Registry term for a period of comic book publishing that ran from Action Comics #1 (June 1938) through 1959.

Silver Age.* CGC Registry term for comics published 1960 through 1969.

Bronze Age. CGC Registry term for comics published 1970 through 1979.

Copper Age. CGC Registry term for comics published 1980 through 1989.

Modern Age. CGC Registry term for comics published 1990 through the present.