• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,161 posts in this topic

Apparently PIF junk donkeys don't limit their shenanigans to the PIF thread :shrug:

Man, it takes balls to bring THAT back up! Especially right after I said I will refund without any problem. Go troll somewhere else.

It's easy to do the right thing once the pitchforks come out. It doesn't excuse the original behavior.

want some thoughts on this before I proceed in other threads etc.

Picked up a book from a new seller here on the boards. Book arrived yesterday and found the book had a spine split running about 1/3 of the back cover. Seller had not disclosed this in their thread, nor had they disclosed this when they placed the book in the PGM thread.

Book/price paid was based on the grade given by the seller/and those who gave graves it in the PGM thread.

Can I suggest not buying from brand-new sellers who need the help of the PGM forum to grade their books?

sound advice.

I don't feel like playing Blowie at the moment. Who was the seller?

I am, I sold her Silver Surfer #1 and she doesn't like that it has a spine split. I didn't notice a spine split on it but I know there was a defect with the spine at the bottom just like there are defects on the cover. I posted scans and linked to the PGM thread in the sales thread so everyone could get an idea of it's grade. I had an issue on eBay where I graded it based on my opinion and the seller said it was worse in his opinion. That caused a huge issue so from then on, I do not grade raws. I will say if it is in a decent condition and post pictures of it to let people judge for themselves.

I originally bought it for $200. I was thinking about getting it restored and graded but thought that would cost too much so I tried selling it on here for $200. jsilverjanet offered $175 and I took it. I offered her $100 back for it now because that would be more affordable for me to get it restored and graded. I do not want to spend $175 on it and I already lost $25 on it plus the cost of shipping it to her to begin with.

You've got to be kidding me.

Take the book back, give jsilverjanet a full refund (including the cost of return shipping seeing that you obviously screwed up here) and spend some time learning how to grade before trying to sell it again.

I am, I sold her Silver Surfer #1 and she doesn't like that it has a spine split. I didn't notice a spine split on it but I know there was a defect with the spine at the bottom just like there are defects on the cover. I posted scans and linked to the PGM thread in the sales thread so everyone could get an idea of it's grade. I had an issue on eBay where I graded it based on my opinion and the seller said it was worse in his opinion. That caused a huge issue so from then on, I do not grade raws. I will say if it is in a decent condition and post pictures of it to let people judge for themselves.

I originally bought it for $200. I was thinking about getting it restored and graded but thought that would cost too much so I tried selling it on here for $200. jsilverjanet offered $175 and I took it. I offered her $100 back for it now because that would be more affordable for me to get it restored and graded. I do not want to spend $175 on it and I already lost $25 on it plus the cost of shipping it to her to begin with.

original.jpg

I guess you already know how much financial damage is out there - not much. Carry on with the lifelong HOS banning of a kid.

I posted here what I felt a 12 year old kid "could" misunderstand much of what we do here. Not much response & much of what I said seemed to align with what came out later.

I'd just rather see HOS voting based on damages and character rather than boardies getting swept up & led by the opinions of respected board members.

I figure if CGC banned him for "age" - we're done. If he wants back on @ 18 years old...there should be some evidence of damages attached to a HOS nomination rather than judging the character of a 12 year old.

2c

I've got PM's and posts from roughly a dozen members, with aggregate refunds in excess of $250 , but that's their business to share and not mine. Those are just the ones who reached out to me. That doesn't count what Branget gathered before he got his strike, or any of the other "hundreds" (according to GIJOE) of people he dealt with on these boards.

Someone who, from their first moment of sign up on this board, LIED about everything they were. Who they were, how old they were, their family, their business, and lied in transactions to gain advantage, to grade spread with full intent, deserves to be judged on their actions. Actions that, according to their adult parent, were being monitored, approved, and encouraged all along.

Nothing about what you posted regarding how a "12 year old can misunderstand" about this place has anything to do with creating grand works of fiction about hay baling businesses, and his children, and his business experience, and (ultimately) who we were dealing with, what they were selling, what they were buying and that he had no problem whatsoever lying directly to the fact of everyone on this board for months and altering the grades of books within days to suit whether he was buying or selling.

Excusing the enormity of the deception displayed and perpetrated on this entire forum as "12 year old" hijinks is extraordinarily lenient towards someone who's shown zero remorse for their actions from either himself or the parent who admitting monitoring (and cheerleading ) his every move.

The scope is gigantic, and diminishing it to simple dollars and not examining what was truly done here from a deception standpoint is something that isn't seeing the forest for the trees.

lol Calm down. I was correct, you got feedback from others.

I said what I wanted to say..a 12 year old kid banned for six more years (half his current age) is plenty of time in the "penalty box" to contemplate his errors and hopefully develop his own ethical standards. HOS isn't necessary IMHO.

I guess you already know how much financial damage is out there - not much. Carry on with the lifelong HOS banning of a kid.

I posted here what I felt a 12 year old kid "could" misunderstand much of what we do here. Not much response & much of what I said seemed to align with what came out later.

I'd just rather see HOS voting based on damages and character rather than boardies getting swept up & led by the opinions of respected board members.

I figure if CGC banned him for "age" - we're done. If he wants back on @ 18 years old...there should be some evidence of damages attached to a HOS nomination rather than judging the character of a 12 year old.

2c

I've got PM's and posts from roughly a dozen members, with aggregate refunds in excess of $250 , but that's their business to share and not mine. Those are just the ones who reached out to me. That doesn't count what Branget gathered before he got his strike, or any of the other "hundreds" (according to GIJOE) of people he dealt with on these boards.

Someone who, from their first moment of sign up on this board, LIED about everything they were. Who they were, how old they were, their family, their business, and lied in transactions to gain advantage, to grade spread with full intent, deserves to be judged on their actions. Actions that, according to their adult parent, were being monitored, approved, and encouraged all along.

Nothing about what you posted regarding how a "12 year old can misunderstand" about this place has anything to do with creating grand works of fiction about hay baling businesses, and his children, and his business experience, and (ultimately) who we were dealing with, what they were selling, what they were buying and that he had no problem whatsoever lying directly to the fact of everyone on this board for months and altering the grades of books within days to suit whether he was buying or selling.

Excusing the enormity of the deception displayed and perpetrated on this entire forum as "12 year old" hijinks is extraordinarily lenient towards someone who's shown zero remorse for their actions from either himself or the parent who admitting monitoring (and cheerleading ) his every move.

The scope is gigantic, and diminishing it to simple dollars and not examining what was truly done here from a deception standpoint is something that isn't seeing the forest for the trees.

lol Calm down. I was correct, you got feedback from others.

I said what I wanted to say..a 12 year old kid banned for six more years (half his current age) is plenty of time in the "penalty box" to contemplate his errors and hopefully develop his own ethical standards. HOS isn't necessary IMHO.

Sorry, about that.

Dishonesty, especially on this type of scale, pushes all my buttons.

If I had any inkling that these was simple errors in judgment or youthful naivete I'd react much more calmly. However, all that went out the window with tales of testes stuck in the hay baler while the kiddies being fed with comic money watch in horror.

I've seen and dealt with people who can spin tales like this before, time doesn't diminish their skills or penchants. I certainly wouldn't want that type of predator patrolling these waters simply because he got early parole without some sort of proof of rehab.

Picked up a book from a new seller here on the boards. Book arrived yesterday and found the book had a spine split running about 1/3 of the back cover. Seller had not disclosed this in their thread, nor had they disclosed this when they placed the book in the PGM thread.

Book/price paid was based on the grade given by the seller/and those who gave graves it in the PGM thread.

Can I suggest not buying from brand-new sellers who need the help of the PGM forum to grade their books?

sound advice.

:cry:

sound advice.

:cry:

The last time I felt like "playing Blowie" he got all squirmy and wouldn't sit still.

mouse-playing-flute.gif

I contacted the seller this morning regarding the books defect and his reply was that he was not aware of the spine split. He says he sold the book at a loss to me and would not accept a return as he does not want the book, but would buy the book for about $75 less than what I paid him.

There was no return policy on his sales thread. I assume I am SOL unless I go the paypal route.

Thoughts?

Out them here, please.

-slym

Book/price paid was basedof the grade given by the buyer/and those who gave graves it in the PGM thread.

I contacted the seller this morning regarding the books defect and his reply was that he was not aware of the spine split. He says he sold the book at a loss to me and would not accept a return as he does not want the book, but would buy the book for about $75 less than what I paid him.

There was no return policy on his sales thread. I assume I am SOL unless I go the paypal route.

Thoughts?

Actually, it doesn't matter what his return policy is, he sold a book with undisclosed defects that reduce it below the promised grade.

He delivered an item that does not match his description.

I have a question though, what does the section in bold mean? Does he want you to send the book back and he'd give you $75 less than you just paid him? He'd keep $75 for nothing?

Sounded like it.

:/

-slym

Thoughts?

Out them here, please.

-slym

What kind of dummy posts this when they are 10 posts into 30 unread posts?

doh!

Thoughts?

Out them here, please.

-slym

Stop being in such a rush to notch another post. Finish reading before hitting send.

Thoughts?

Out them here, please.

-slym

doh!

This kind of dummy, individual_without_enough_empathy.

I read and respond as I go along. It's always how I've done it, and it can't be a surprise to anyone by now.

If you don't like it, suck it.

-slym

Wasn't me. I was responding to it and I was going say that if you want to be a boob, go right ahead. I would quote the doofus response you gave, but I think that might get a wrist slap.

Thoughts?

Out them here, please.

-slym

doh!

This kind of dummy, individual_without_enough_empathy.

I read and respond as I go along. It's always how I've done it, and it can't be a surprise to anyone by now.

If you don't like it, suck it.

-slym

lol

It would be OK if you added something to the conversation...y'know like RMA used to read/respond & carry on three or four different tangential discussions with separate people, discussing things that arose in a thread - you aren't doing that.

You're just "plus one'ing" day old posts or in this case, 'demanding' something that is readily available & already disclosed.

:/