• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Slym reported his own thread.

:o What?! Really?

Yes, really. The fact there was a "master list" was really the problem, IMHO. So, I asked the mods to remove it.

If someone else wants to start a new one, my only suggestion is to keep it to personal posts, no "master list."

I'm sorry for any problems I may have inadvertently caused anyone.

I don't follow this. What do you mean by a "master list" and what do you mean by "personal posts"?

What is your objection to the "master list"?

The "master list" - the big, compiled list that has people (like me and others) in it just because some people (like CAL) put us on their lists because of personal reasons, not business ones. People copy this list, and with some people not deserving it, I don't trust a "master list." If people will post personal anecdotes about why they are blocking people (like YouMeChoose and RMA do, for example) then we can pick and choose who we want on our list, not referring to a "master list" that has people on it unfairly.

I see your point, but if anyone who objects to being mentioned can get the mods to kill the thread, who will bother to post to it? Didn't a lot of "personal anecdotes" just get swept down the memory hole?

I was the OP of that thread, and I asked to have it canned. I think you are confused on how it got poofed.

And yes, a lot of personal anecdotes got poofed. That is why I apologised for causing any possible problems for doing that somewhere on this site.

-slym

I have no idea what the "that" is referring to in the bolded section.

In any event, starting a thread to compile a list of troublesome eBay buyers and then having the mods nuke it is interesting.

Yes, really. The fact there was a "master list" was really the problem, IMHO. So, I asked the mods to remove it.

If someone else wants to start a new one, my only suggestion is to keep it to personal posts, no "master list."

I don't follow this. What do you mean by a "master list" and what do you mean by "personal posts"?

The "master list" - the big, compiled list that has people (like me and others) in it just because some people (like CAL) put us on their lists because of personal reasons, not business ones. People copy this list, and with some people not deserving it, I don't trust a "master list." If people will post personal anecdotes about why they are blocking people (like YouMeChoose and RMA do, for example) then we can pick and choose who we want on our list, not referring to a "master list" that has people on it unfairly.

I see your point, but if anyone who objects to being mentioned can get the mods to kill the thread, who will bother to post to it? Didn't a lot of "personal anecdotes" just get swept down the memory hole?

I was the OP of that thread, and I asked to have it canned. I think you are confused on how it got poofed.

And yes, a lot of personal anecdotes got poofed. That is why I apologised for causing any possible problems for doing that somewhere on this site.

-slym

In any event, starting a thread to compile a list of troublesome eBay buyers and then having the mods nuke it is interesting.

Green is an apology for red.

-slym

and Purple is for the voice of reason

-slym

and Purple is for the voice of reason

My yellow in this case is not so mellow.

That guy is something else. I knew he was only here to sell, but his strategy sucked. Instead of joining and letting people get to know him first, he came in and thread bombed the site, made everyone think he is a loon or 12 years old and now expects them to buy from him. I tried to warn him but oh well. GLWTS!!! ;)

Not long. I think they get frustrated with him. Once again though, it takes some time to list all of that stuff. Why is he so incapable of understanding how to create a sales thread? After having his threads deleted over a dozen times he should be an expert by now.

:eek: You would think.

Tough situation though. It doesn't really specify first :takeit: "in the thread" wins. It's basically a time stamp thing. If the PM buyer threw the take it first in the PM thread and it's literally minutes or even seconds before obmit I guess it's OP's choice. (shrug)

The rules should have been more specific I guess.