• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Question:

I purchased a couple of books from a seller a couple of weeks ago. They arrived in the mail yesterday via Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope.

When I opened my mail box, I found the package folded in half and crammed inside. I took a picture with my cell, I can post it if need be when I get home.

The seller used virtually no protective material in the envelope - no stiff cardboard to prevent bending. I actually requested to pay extra for Priority and specifically told the seller one of the reasons was because I didn't want to risk damage do to Media Mail inspection.

Miraculously, the books seemed to have survived undamaged.

I didn't feel the need to say anything to the seller because:

1. The books look like they're in the stated grade and I purchased them as readers anyway. If they had been damaged it wouldn't have been a big deal. The bottom line is they're fine.

2. If I were to bring it up with the seller, the first question is going to be "Are the books damaged?" Since they're not, the seller will probably feel vindicated in the way he packs.

3. I kind of brought this on myself. In a thread a few weeks ago, this seller expressed a very eye-opening view on bagging and boarding comics. I should have known better. Honestly, I'm only half surprised he cut corners on protected shipping.

For me, I was just going to add him to my Do Not Buy From list and move on.

But now I see he's got some sales threads with collectible condition comics. Doing a half-arse job on readers is one thing, but with collectible comics I would think there's some members that are going to be in for an unpleasant surprise.

But other members bought from him back when I did and I haven't heard any complaints, maybe everybody's cool with it.

I hate to see other members receive damaged goods. Do I have an obligation to say something?

Edited by Number 6

I hate to see other members receive damaged goods. Do I have an obligation to say something?

Obligation...no far from it. Would I pm the seller and give them a heads up about maybe packing better yup, especially with their high grade books.

Thanks for the heads up. I knew when I read this quote a few weeks ago I should stay away from any potential sales.

The way I store my comics is in short and long boxes unbagged. My older comics are unbagged as well, unless they have a structural issue where it's best to keep everything together.

Thanks for the heads up. I knew when I read this quote a few weeks ago I should stay away from any potential sales.

The way I store my comics is in short and long boxes unbagged. My older comics are unbagged as well, unless they have a structural issue where it's best to keep everything together.

hm

Question:

I purchased a couple of books from a seller a couple of weeks ago. They arrived in the mail yesterday via Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope.

When I opened my mail box, I found the package folded in half and crammed inside. I took a picture with my cell, I can post it if need be when I get home.

The seller used virtually no protective material in the envelope - no stiff cardboard to prevent bending. I actually requested to pay extra for Priority and specifically told the seller one of the reasons was because I didn't want to risk damage do to Media Mail inspection.

1. The books look like they're in the stated grade and I purchased them as readers anyway. If they had been damaged it wouldn't have been a big deal. The bottom line is they're fine.

2. If I were to bring it up with the seller, the first question is going to be "Are the books damaged?" Since they're not, the seller will probably feel vindicated in the way he packs.

3. I kind of brought this on myself. In a thread a few weeks ago, this seller expressed a very eye-opening view on bagging and boarding comics. I should have known better. Honestly, I'm only half surprised he cut corners on protected shipping.

But now I see he's got some sales threads with collectible condition comics. Doing a half-arse job on readers is one thing, but with collectible comics I would think there's some members that are going to be in for an unpleasant surprise.

But other members bought from him back when I did and I haven't heard any complaints, maybe everybody's cool with it.

Another example of why it would be great to have a true feedback thread. As it is, there is no good way to alert other buyers to the serious shortcomings of a seller short of nominating the seller to the PL.

PMing him makes sense, but it sounds as if he already knows he's rolling the dice with subpar packaging.

Question:

Another example of why it would be great to have a true feedback thread. As it is, there is no good way to alert other buyers to the serious shortcomings of a seller short of nominating the seller to the PL.

PMing him makes sense, but it sounds as if he already knows he's rolling the dice with subpar packaging.

(thumbs u

I knew I remembered him from somewhere. I am such an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. :facepalm: