• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,161 posts in this topic

You scan it, you upload the scan to another site, you take a photo of the scan on the other site off your monitor, upload the photo to photobucket, then use that as your pic... ???

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7588517&gonew=1#UNREAD

I don't know if the appropriate response is :D , :facepalm: or :eek:

Ken (strummer2) is a very interesting guy/seller....to say the least

if he's half as interesting as his kudos thread he's a CAL in the making....(just from the confusing 1st/3rd person referencing!)

Hi everyone,

I could use your help. In this sales thread

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7574352&Board=79&fpart=all&gonew=1#UNREAD

I posted an I will take it when the OP posted that 1 copy was left for sale.

I claimed it and then PMd the OP for his PP address to pay.

He then informs me

"Sorry man, my thread never said " " would equal instant transaction, only discussions via PMs. The book in question was 'sold' over the weekend. I'm just waiting for payment. If I don't get payment soon I have about 3-4 other buyers waiting in line via PM."

Since no rules were in place about how to claim a book I am confused what is going on.

I feel I am entitled to purchase a copy and receive it.

What do you think?

Thanks for your assistance.

I think this was discussed don't know where. But a simple rule as to how a book should be claimed, seems fair to a buyer.

I request, for all buyers and possibly sellers piece of mind, that a FS thread should state in a boardies rules/thread "How a Book Should be Claimed"

Just sayin.

Seems Fair

2c

:popcorn:

Yeah…this can get a bit tricky. Normally everyone here is used to the idea that a :takeit: in the thread overrides all PM negotiations as they usually deal with haggling, stipulations, or just wanting to be kept private.

While we are all used to that idea, the seller still needs to put it in their ad….(quickly checking to see if it is in mine). If it is not there, the seller if kinda free to do whatever they want in their thread…it's just not good business and might rub people the wrong way.

Yeah…this can get a bit tricky. Normally everyone here is used to the idea that a :takeit: in the thread overrides all PM negotiations as they usually deal with haggling, stipulations, or just wanting to be kept private..

Yes, dicussions in PM get trumped by a universal 'I'll Take It' in the thread. But, I've had PM discussions with an 'I'll Take It' with a timestamp of 12:01 PM, and someone posts an 'I'll Take It' in the thread at 12:04 - and the thread loses out to the PM. Sucks when that happens because someone gets disappointed, but that should be how it goes: based on time.

For me, it all depends on who pulls the pin first. It requires a seller to be honest in their dealings, but most of the time that's not a problem around here.

Maybe that is what needs to specified in sales threads - the negotiation stuff gets trumped by an 'I'll Take It' is kind of obvious, perhaps another disclaimer about *how* those sales are determined needs to be addressed.

Yeah…this can get a bit tricky. Normally everyone here is used to the idea that a :takeit: in the thread overrides all PM negotiations as they usually deal with haggling, stipulations, or just wanting to be kept private..

Yes, dicussions in PM get trumped by a universal 'I'll Take It' in the thread. But, I've had PM discussions with an 'I'll Take It' with a timestamp of 12:01 PM, and someone posts an 'I'll Take It' in the thread at 12:04 - and the thread loses out to the PM. Sucks when that happens because someone gets disappointed, but that should be how it goes: based on time.

For me, it all depends on who pulls the pin first. It requires a seller to be honest in their dealings, but most of the time that's not a problem around here.

Yea that's it. Forgot. Time Stamps.

Unless you specifically say in your thread " :takeit: Trumps All" Like in Speedy-D's sales thread.

I usually do this too.

Yes it does require the seller to be honest. I feel that a seller should conduct business in the most stand up way as not to disrupt the community.

That is why I purpose a "specific way to claim a book in one's thread" rule.

I think it would help.

Edited by retrothecollector

Unless you specifically say in your thread " :takeit: Trumps All" Like in Speedy-D's sales thread.

I usually do this too.

I changed my sales thread text to read like this:

":takeit: Rules the day over PM negotiations. Time stamps are the be-all, end-all way of determining a sale. If an I'll Take It is posted in a PM and posted in the thread, that book will go to the post with earliest time stamp. "

I think that seems pretty concise.

I usually do this too.

I changed my sales thread text to read like this:

":takeit: Rules the day over PM negotiations. Time stamps are the be-all, end-all way of determining a sale. If an I'll Take It is posted in a PM and posted in the thread, that book will go to the post with earliest time stamp. "

I think that seems pretty concise.

Exactly very nice. This is what i am saying. A "specific way to claim a book" Perfect.

But the accused from Mark1, didn't specify any of that.

If the "rules" stated something to the effect of how a book should be claimed, then we wouldn't have these issues.

We learn as we go. I own 2 businesses and have 10 guys under me, and me and my partner are still making up rules as we go after 7 yrs of business.

2c

Yes it's based on time stamps and proper written rules in your sales thread. I've done probably a hundred deals on here and never had this one happen.

I blame the OP but if the forum thinks the decision is in the OPs favor, I understand.

Hi everyone,

I could use your help. In this sales thread

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7574352&Board=79&fpart=all&gonew=1#UNREAD

I posted an I will take it when the OP posted that 1 copy was left for sale.

I claimed it and then PMd the OP for his PP address to pay.

He then informs me

"Sorry man, my thread never said " " would equal instant transaction, only discussions via PMs. The book in question was 'sold' over the weekend. I'm just waiting for payment. If I don't get payment soon I have about 3-4 other buyers waiting in line via PM."

Since no rules were in place about how to claim a book I am confused what is going on.

I feel I am entitled to purchase a copy and receive it.

What do you think?

Thanks for your assistance.

You're out of luck. It's his thread to run as he sees fit. If he sold it via PM, it's gone. (shrug)