• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Last time I checked there was no gpa for mystery boxes

My current thread is about as much within the rules as I could do. I think establishing a gifting round that's open to anyone meeting the prerequisite is a great way to abide by the rules and still dish out some solid books. My two cents.

Heres a great opinion question for you guys

-offer someone a book for $160 shipped

-declines

-list book on ebay, sells for $170 plus $20 shipping

receive this message

8cd9036c-44ca-4e58-a424-d759305cc5c7_zps97c29c44.png

- after this happens, would you sell to them?

Screenshot2014-06-19at121127PM_zps1d3c23c6.png

-declines

receive this message

Alex,

It's pretty clear you have nothing better to do than post Ebay messages from 6 months ago. Let it go Alex, let it go.

And to everyone else, yeah, my math was wrong lol. I did not figure in the shipping

Edited by JOEY GUNZ

-declines

receive this message

Alex,

It's pretty clear you have nothing better to do than post Ebay messages from 6 months ago. Let it go Alex, let it go.

I'm still in bed.

-declines

receive this message

Alex,

I'm still in bed.

I bet. Not a surprise.

Edited by JOEY GUNZ

Who's Alex? (shrug)

who isn't?

So im a total noob here and have heard great things about selling/buying on here. But have a few quick questions:

-I noticed that when people have stuff for sale people that want to buy post an "ill take one" icon indicating that they want to buy. Then how does the sale proceed? I read that personal Paypal is not accepted so how else do you get payment?

-Also after someone says that they want the sale do you simple PM them so you can get their shipping info/payment info?

Thanks for helping the noob :)

So im a total noob here and have heard great things about selling/buying on here. But have a few quick questions:

-I noticed that when people have stuff for sale people that want to buy post an "ill take one" icon indicating that they want to buy. Then how does the sale proceed? I read that personal Paypal is not accepted so how else do you get payment?

-Also after someone says that they want the sale do you simple PM them so you can get their shipping info/payment info?

Thanks for helping the noob :)

Paypal is often the way payments are done. Some higher dollar books are only sold with a payment option of check or money order, but I would advise against that for anyone new to the board until after you've proven yourself over time. If you don't allow Paypal as a new seller, folks will avoid you.

As the seller, you send invoices through PM after the sale ends. As a buyer, wait until the seller sends you the invoice through PM.

Personal PayPal is just an option - "family and friends" - to pay via PayPal that doesn't include fees to the recipient but offers no protection to the buyer. Regular PayPal for "goods and services" is allowed. (thumbs u