• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Called that from the start.

I knew he was desperate seller and didn't have the money.

The seller hasn't proven himself to be an honest person so

why give him the benefit of the doubt.

Glad you opened a claim.

Don't let him hold you hostage over $150.00 because he

wants you to be a hero lol

He's the one responsible to fix his wrong doing and not plead

ignorance about not knowing the book was restored.

Glad you opened a claim.

"Hasn't proven himself to be an honest person": so far he has not refunded Hector, but he said he’ll do, so I agree with him in giving the benefit of the doubt.

I would not call everyone which appears problematic flat out "dishonest": dishonesty implies a deliberate malicious behavior.

Glad you opened a claim.

"Hasn't proven himself to be an honest person": so far he has not refunded Hector, but he said he’ll do, so I agree with him in giving the benefit of the doubt.

I would not call everyone which appears problematic flat out "dishonest": dishonesty implies a deliberate malicious behavior.

Actions speak louder than words.

So far, nothing but words.

You have to take people to task or they will mistake

your kindness for weakness.

Glad you opened a claim.

Did you miss the part where he told Hector that he didn't have any money and couldn't refund him and then went into a sales thread and bought books?

So has he been nominated for the PL?
unless he doesn't refund me, there is no reason to put him on the PL at least from my standpoint unless I'm wrong

You're right. If he refuses/fails to make you whole there's no PL case.

If we started putting every knob that passes through this board on the PL simply because they are a knob the PL list would start to look like Home Depot. Wal Mart

That works better. For me anyway

Good Friday everyone

I am the buyer of Avengers 57 from SFHeroBoyGreg. I know many are wondering why I had chosen to stay anonymous.

I had hope that this issue would resolve itself quickly, with me getting a refund immediately after I requested it but that has not taken place. Its been my belief that many issues can be resolved privately and without much of a circus between the buyer and seller but unfortunately that hasn't happened here.

Some facts have been already been stated by board members who I have shared the information with.

I contacted the seller, inquired about restoration to which the seller said he was not aware of any restoration. I asked about payment terms and he requested at least $150 down to hold the book. I wanted to send the money in the morning (as I was in bed on my phone) but the seller insisted that I pay immediately to hold the book (2:20 am EST Sunday 4/5/15 ) which I did

I contacted the seller and requested a refund when the comments about color touch and trimming began to circulate in the morning which confirmed my suspicions from the night before.

Since then, I've sent numerous messages to the seller requesting my money back to which the seller has agreed to but cannot complete due to insufficient funds. He has promised to return my money but has not given me a specific date as to when.

Earlier today he mentioned that my staying anonymous has hurt his reputation on the boards as people have doubted if there truly was a seller. He's asked me to come here and confirm that I am the buyer, to be the hero and salvage his reputation that I've damaged by staying anonymous.

Well here I am, being the hero he is asking me to be.

My goal was to eliminate much of the circus, and resolve this between each other as I believe most transactions should be handled. My goal is to get my money back that's all.

You are perfectly entitled to sat anonymous and it has done nothing to hurt his reputation AT ALL. The damage to his has been caused by his own conduct. He is continually obfuscating and directing attention to irrelevant issues.

He knew about the restoration concerns when you inquired and did not disclose even though you specifically asked about it.

He has taken your money and has not refunded despite repeated requests. And how now been shown to be buying other books.

Glad you opened a claim.

Did you miss the part where he told Hector that he didn't have any money and couldn't refund him and then went into a sales thread and bought books?

Italian Rose colored glasses

Well here I am, being the hero he is asking me to be.

You are the wind beneath my wings.

Why wait for Scammy McGee to replenish his account? I thought paypal will reimburse you, and then deal with the seller later?

so I'm Barbara Hershey to your Barbaba Steisand?

:gossip:

Bette Midler, yeesh, didn't any of you watch Beaches? It was a two tissue box movie...

Kind of like the seller's responses...

Ugh, finally home from the week from hell.

I've been trying to keep pace but I missed where the seller was caught purchasing other books.

Is this true?

Maybe all his money is tied up in pesos