• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

My only thought is, whats the point? His name is ruined already. Throw his name on the PL and lets leave it done. He's already done here.

I agree completely. The PL is not subject to vote and is the prerogative of, in this case, Hector. It is swifter and will have virtually the same consequences.

update. Seller removed themselves from our PM discussion. Says he does not have the funds for refund and it's out of his hands and in paypal's hands

I've escalated the issue with Paypal to a claim

Wow...just wow.

Is this worthy of the HOS? This situation just keeps getting worse.

I would think so...but I'm sure a couple of the bleeding hearts are chomping at the bit to defend him.

I usually consider myself a bleeding heart but I have no sympathy for this guy.

This is a tough one for hector. Check out 13.2 bullet 2

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/popup/UAeBay-outside

Looks like SFgreg saw this from a mile and has no intention in refunding hector.

well I do have screenshots of him agreeing to the refund. I will share with paypal. I really hope i don't get screwed over $150

This is a tough one for hector. Check out 13.2 bullet 2

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/popup/UAeBay-outside

Looks like SFgreg saw this from a mile and has no intention in refunding hector.

well I do have screenshots of him agreeing to the refund. I will share with paypal. I really hope i don't get screwed over $150

Sorry you're going through this. To ruin your reputation for such a measly amount. What a small time POS.

I've just been reading and seeing how this all pans out. My own take is I would support PL. But I would also support HOS. The question of color touch was known to the seller. The seller persists in claiming ignorance of restoration. No attempt at reparation has been made. The seller took $150 and gave nothing, including an offer of a refund. The seller claimed lack of funds but bought books on the boards after the incident. The seller then removed themselves from discussions with jsilverjanet.

The HOS does not always have to be about large sums. It is as much about behavior and selling/buying ethics. I'm sure the seller is on many "do not do biz with" lists, but I feel at the very least he should be on the PL.

I am not sure how one of the stranger aspects went but the seller then offered to give the book to anyone who would submit it to CGC, even though a down payment for the book was already made and accepted.

Even if Paypal reimburses the $150 on the basis as Item Not Received, the behavior by SFHeroBoyGreg is completely unacceptable.

I can't imagine ruining your reputation period,let alone for a 150 bucks.

Ethics seems to be out the window with this guy.

not sure how much to believe (if he truly believes this or he's lying to me) but he believes he did nothing wrong (regarding the color touch disclosure) and the lack of refund is the result of his sales/business ruined over this issue

I am paraphrasing but that was part of his last message to me

Edited by jsilverjanet