• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Hi all!

For those that know me, I read some other (now locked) thread that I no longer sell here because I was tired of the 'beat downs' or something like that. For the record, I want to state that is not the case at all. I basically just got really busy in life with family and work and something had to give and it was comic book collecting. So for a couple years I didn't buy sell or even read them, I was out.

I am slowly returning and have clearly missed a lot. What I mostly miss are those 2 Batman Adventure 12 slabbed 9.8's I sold on the boards a long time ago! I thought I was killing it at 100 bucks or whatever it was.

Anyway, I'm back to selling but not here because honestly I have no clue whatsoever what to price things at. All these movies have changed the game considerably. But I hope to have a thread sometime soon when I feel more comfortable with the market.

But my point is, I never stormed off, got mad, or anything like that. Just focused on other things.

And for those that don't know me, which is probably most of you....Never mind!

John

My 1st ever purchase on the boards was from you! A gorgeous slabbed Adventure #416. :cloud9: You were great and helped a newbie get his feet wet.

Good to see you back. :foryou:

Great to hear! :)

Hi all!

For those that know me, I read some other (now locked) thread that I no longer sell here because I was tired of the 'beat downs' or something like that. For the record, I want to state that is not the case at all. I basically just got really busy in life with family and work and something had to give and it was comic book collecting. So for a couple years I didn't buy sell or even read them, I was out.

I am slowly returning and have clearly missed a lot. What I mostly miss are those 2 Batman Adventure 12 slabbed 9.8's I sold on the boards a long time ago! I thought I was killing it at 100 bucks or whatever it was.

Anyway, I'm back to selling but not here because honestly I have no clue whatsoever what to price things at. All these movies have changed the game considerably. But I hope to have a thread sometime soon when I feel more comfortable with the market.

But my point is, I never stormed off, got mad, or anything like that. Just focused on other things.

And for those that don't know me, which is probably most of you....Never mind!

John

hm And what nincompoop said that? I think I remember, but I'll leave it up to Blowie.

:grin:

Sorry, I'm clueless as to what John is talking about. I don't have enough info to hunt this one down. :(

I'm pretty sure it was the Locked Thread Points thread, I remember the above statement being made about cd4ever but I can't remember who said it either.

.... it was a thread about Newbies who come on, make friends, and then disappear. It quickly morphed into "To All the Boardies I've Loved Before..." and, naturally, not everyone liked everyone mentioned..... and the "fun" began..... it was actually kind of tame compared to many locked/poofed threads, but then, the implosion occurred while I was sleeping. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Good Friday everyone

I am the buyer of Avengers 57 from SFHeroBoyGreg. I know many are wondering why I had chosen to stay anonymous.

I had hope that this issue would resolve itself quickly, with me getting a refund immediately after I requested it but that has not taken place. Its been my belief that many issues can be resolved privately and without much of a circus between the buyer and seller but unfortunately that hasn't happened here.

Some facts have been already been stated by board members who I have shared the information with.

I contacted the seller, inquired about restoration to which the seller said he was not aware of any restoration. I asked about payment terms and he requested at least $150 down to hold the book. I wanted to send the money in the morning (as I was in bed on my phone) but the seller insisted that I pay immediately to hold the book (2:20 am EST Sunday 4/5/15 ) which I did

I contacted the seller and requested a refund when the comments about color touch and trimming began to circulate in the morning which confirmed my suspicions from the night before.

Since then, I've sent numerous messages to the seller requesting my money back to which the seller has agreed to but cannot complete due to insufficient funds. He has promised to return my money but has not given me a specific date as to when.

Earlier today he mentioned that my staying anonymous has hurt his reputation on the boards as people have doubted if there truly was a seller. He's asked me to come here and confirm that I am the buyer, to be the hero and salvage his reputation that I've damaged by staying anonymous.

Well here I am, being the hero he is asking me to be.

My goal was to eliminate much of the circus, and resolve this between each other as I believe most transactions should be handled. My goal is to get my money back that's all.

Edited by jsilverjanet

Hector, that is ridiculous that you are dealing with this. Did you pay through paypal?

Call them, screw this guy. I think it is agreed that if you are selling something then you should not use the funds until the buyer is pleased with the transaction or unless you have the money to cover the transaction in the event of a problem.

Earlier today he mentioned that my staying anonymous has hurt his reputation on the boards as people have doubted if there truly was a seller. He's asked me to come here and confirm that I am the buyer, to be the hero and salvage his reputation that I've damaged by staying anonymous.

8570175.jpg

"Reputation"

Because his long-winded novellas of nonsense really left a great impression. :facepalm:

Good Friday everyone

I am the buyer of Avengers 57 from SFHeroBoyGreg. I know many are wondering why I had chosen to stay anonymous.

I had hope that this issue would resolve itself quickly, with me getting a refund immediately after I requested it but that has not taken place. Its been my belief that many issues can be resolved privately and without much of a circus between the buyer and seller but unfortunately that hasn't happened here.

Some facts have been already been stated by board members who I have shared the information with.

I contacted the seller, inquired about restoration to which the seller said he was not aware of any restoration. I asked about payment terms and he requested at least $150 down to hold the book. I wanted to send the money in the morning (as I was in bed on my phone) but the seller insisted that I pay immediately to hold the book (2:20 am EST Sunday 4/5/15 ) which I did

I contacted the seller and requested a refund when the comments about color touch and trimming began to circulate in the morning which confirmed my suspicions from the night before.

Since then, I've sent numerous messages to the seller requesting my money back to which the seller has agreed to but cannot complete due to insufficient funds. He has promised to return my money but has not given me a specific date as to when.

My goal was to eliminate much of the circus, and resolve this between each other as I believe most transactions should be handled. My goal is to get my money back that's all.

The bozo doesn't have $150? Good grief. :facepalm:

How does he get on the internet? The library?

So he insta-spent your money before you even had a book in your hands?

Now he can't refund $150? He doesn't have $150 to his name?

That really bodes well for the solvency of his world wide comics selling empire.

You are the wind beneath my wings.

Why wait for Scammy McGee to replenish his account? I thought paypal will reimburse you, and then deal with the seller later?

That really bodes well for the solvency of his world wide comics selling empire.

You could bankrupt this guy by requesting extra bubble wrap.

Have you filed a paypal claim yet? If not, why not?

good question

personally I like to give sellers the benefit of the doubt and try to resolve with them directly without involving claims etc. While that may seem generous or naive, I do believe I have 45 days to file the claim. While I do have some concerns about this transaction I am hoping the seller can resolve this quickly before I have to open a case.

Believe me I want to avoid as much as this as possible but since the seller felt I was not helping his situation by being in the shadows, I've come out to dispel that concern with him and with the rest of you.

Why wait for Scammy McGee to replenish his account? I thought paypal will reimburse you, and then deal with the seller later?

so I'm Barbara Hershey to your Barbaba Steisand?

Yes, and I am the one cup to your Hershey squirts. :insane:

You could bankrupt this guy by requesting extra bubble wrap.

All his money is earmarked for photo/text editing software. Adobe was probably threatening to break his legs if he didn't pay them ASAP.

Yes, and I am the one cup to your Hershey squirts. :insane:

...that's what you get for eating those Street Brats with the 3 day old sauerkraut ..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u