• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

For those who missed the last wall, it was more of the same. Blame placed on hector, blame placed on another boardie who tried to assist seller with grading, lots of words and zero accountability.

He placed blame on Hector? :facepalm: Dear god...

Sorry you're dealing with this guy, Hector.

Can I post his last PM or is that against the rules?

No need to Hector.

I've known and dealt with Hector since he got here... both buying from him and selling to him. He's as good as it gets.

No one needs any other info other than that my friend.

xxx ooo

Rupp

This seller is done here in my opinion,can we pull out the noose yet? :devil:

+1

This is why I didn't want this to get this far. He could have refunded me and been done with this

Instead he tried to get cute, make this long drawn out discussion on restoration and how the board is this and that , give the book away :facepalm:

If he would have refunded me last Sunday morning when I asked for it and none of this would have happened.

How much time do I have to wait to nominate him to the PL, do I need to wait for the 30 days since I requested the refund?

I've read all this through, I'm very sorry you are being put through this Hector, it is ridiculous. You are owed a refund.

If the seller has absolutely refused the refund, than as I understand it the 30 days is waived and you can move directly to PL nomination etc.

If however the seller is still promising you a refund in time than technically I believe the 30 day clock has to run. 2c

I agree with the consensus that in this case the PL process is more for posterity, since the seller by his behaviour here has virtually destroyed himself, albeit with great graphics.

One strange thing about the PMs that were posted is that when the seller calls Silverweb in to get his opinion on the book. The first question Silverweb asks is whether or not the seller is sure there is trim or CT. In other words, his Spidey sense seems to have been tingling. At least that's the way I read it. I did not interpret that as his blessing that the book was unrestored whatsoever.

I suspect that most of us, would have mentioned that board members had pointed out possible color touch/trimming, especially if the person buying it also brought it up.

The lack of that information being disclosed certainly says a lot

I suspect that most of us, would have mentioned that board members had pointed out possible color touch/trimming, especially if the person buying it also brought it up.

The lack of that information being disclosed certainly says a lot

I agree it is totally unacceptable. There is a duty to disclose that information when specifically asked. That he did not is dishonest.

It doesn't matter that the restoration was not confirmed. He stuck to his story about buying form a reputable seller and purposefully did not disclose that others had raised concerns.

This seller is done here in my opinion,can we pull out the noose yet? :devil:

+1

Another B.S. artist that tried to squeeze his way out of a simple refund and doing the right thing. Anyone who thinks they can come in here and become part of this community with this kind of krap better hit the road running.

The deeper you dig a hole the farther it is to daylight.

He pretty much blamed the original seller for failing to disclose any restoration and then the buyer for not coming forward.

Anyone can miss something, and that includes dealers, me , anyone. It happens. But its also up to you as a new owner of the book to look it over and come to your own conclusion.

I've bought books from just about everyone on here, dealers included. Every once in a bit I find something that wasn't mentioned. Its always been a case of just missing something, and usually the book is returned for a no hassle refund. I do the same in my sales threads for anyone who buys from me, and everyone knows that. Case closed.

If I have a suspicion about something and am not sure I contact a few people on here I trust for a second opinon. Either way, if I suspect trimming, color touch, or replaced staples its disclosed in the sale. But again, you offer a full refund on anything you sell. It keeps customers happy, and coming back.

And one more thing, I'm not buying the B.S. that " I don't know how to spot this or that ". We have plenty of people on here that are pretty good at resto check. Ask some questions and get some opinions. That's what this community is about. Helping a fellow boardie.

If your not sure of the book. Don't sell it. If your not offering a refund, you should not be selling anything around here. I sure as h ell won't buy from you.

And last. I never, ever, spend money from a sale until I hear from the seller and he's happy with the purchase. People want there money back and not some B.S. excuse that you spent the money. Don't spend it till its a done deal.