• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

This is a tough one for hector. Check out 13.2 bullet 2

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/popup/UAeBay-outside

Looks like SFgreg saw this from a mile and has no intention in refunding hector.

well I do have screenshots of him agreeing to the refund. I will share with paypal. I really hope i don't get screwed over $150

Awesome. I'm sure this will get resolved to your favor.

I've read enough of these situations to feel like I can say this w/out consequence:

The PL is a joke, plain and simple. The HOS isn't whole lot better but it certainly stings moreso than the PL.

I would fully support a nomination to the HOS. To flat out lie, deceive and steal is past a PL nom.

Stealing is stealing. The "you ruined my rep" bit is just a ruse by a lousy seller, who I never felt comfortable with from day one.

Do the right thing: go straight HOS and be done!

This is a tough one for hector. Check out 13.2 bullet 2

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/popup/UAeBay-outside

Looks like SFgreg saw this from a mile and has no intention in refunding hector.

I'm really sorry to hear this Hector.

I also had a situation where I paid a deposit, and paypal stuck by their 13.2 rule.

They refused to budge, as I had only sent a deposit, and the "seller" had proof that it was not the full purchase price.

Luckily I paid by CC via Paypal, and my bank intervened.

If you used CC, hopefully you could do the same?

Good luck, and I hope you get your money back quickly. :wishluck:

doing some work right now but I'll write up the PL tomorrow morning

What's the point of him being on the PL? If Paypal refunds your money, how is he supposed to make you whole when Paypal has already done that?

The original shadiness, combined with his wall of text "defense" of himself is bad enough. But then he basically tells you to eat it and go see if you can get your money from Paypal.

That is HoS poster child IMHO.

I've read enough of these situations to feel like I can say this w/out consequence:

The PL is a joke, plain and simple. The HOS isn't whole lot better but it certainly stings moreso than the PL.

I would fully support a nomination to the HOS. To flat out lie, deceive and steal is past a PL nom.

Stealing is stealing. The "you ruined my rep" bit is just a ruse by a lousy seller, who I never felt comfortable with from day one.

Do the right thing: go straight HOS and be done!

Completely agree Brock,HoS. :applause:

Easiest HOS write up ever.

Guy posts Avengers 57 for sale.

Multiple people PM him stating they see color touch and potentially trimming.

Buyer PM's seller about book and specifically asks if there's color touch.

Seller says he's not aware of any restoration.

Buyer makes down payment.

Seller marks book sold.

People comment in the sales thread about the color touch and trimming.

Buyer asks for refund.

Seller keeps money and doesn't send book.

Seller has stolen $150.

End of story. Open and shut.

I've said this before: I don't know why many think that PMs are sacrosanct, and cannot be shared publicly.

The "private" in "private message" only means that people not invited to that PM aren't able to access it. It's private between you and whomever you are engaged with.

It does not mean, nor even imply, that some expectation of enforced privacy on any party involved in the PM is created or maintained through this particular method of communication.

The simple rules follows: if you wouldn't say it in public, you probably shouldn't be saying it in private. And if someone sends me a PM, especially an unsolicited one, they should have no expectation that that information is actually private in the sense of not being able to share with others, unless all parties agree otherwise (aka "personal conversations between friends.")

Obviously, if a deal falls apart, PMs are going to be important documentation to find out who is really at fault.

And if someone defrauds you...they have no right to expect their PMs with you remain "private."

He could probably just disclose all the resto, sell on the Bay via 7 day auction and get Hector's $150 back plus a little extra. With the movie only 10 days away this is one of the hotter books out there at the moment. I'm still a little unsure why he feels pulling out the 13.2, sharing PM's and writing 1000 word essays every 72 hours is the best course of action?

I've said this before: I don't know why many think that PMs are sacrosanct, and cannot be shared publicly.

The "private" in "private message" only means that people not invited to that PM aren't able to access it. It's private between you and whomever you are engaged with.

It does not mean, nor even imply, that some expectation of enforced privacy on any party involved in the PM is created or maintained through this particular method of communication.

The simple rules follows: if you wouldn't say it in public, you probably shouldn't be saying it in private. And if someone sends me a PM, especially an unsolicited one, they should have no expectation that that information is actually private in the sense of not being able to share with others, unless all parties agree otherwise (aka "personal conversations between friends.")

Obviously, if a deal falls apart, PMs are going to be important documentation to find out who is really at fault.

And if someone defrauds you...they have no right to expect their PMs with you remain "private."

Aside from your general reasoning "private" means "private", otherwise it’s public.

And no, I would not say at all in public things I am bound to elaborate with some specific person: that’s the very sense of "private".

I can't imagine ruining your reputation period,let alone for a 150 bucks.

Ethics seems to be out the window with this guy.

not sure how much to believe (if he truly believes this or he's lying to me) but he believes he did nothing wrong (regarding the color touch disclosure) and the lack of refund is the result of his sales/business ruined over this issue

I am paraphrasing but that was part of his last message to me

I am amazed that one can think his own reputation can be ruined by a mere misunderstanding and/or equivocation. I am even more amazed to hear he has not agreed to refund you immediately…

Aside from your general reasoning "private" means "private", otherwise it’s public.

And no, I would not say at all in public things I am bound to elaborate with some specific person: that’s the very sense of "private".

I agree Claudio that there is a basic common sense expectation of privacy when somebody here communicates via PM. RMA is also right though that in the specific case of a PL process PMs are often disclosed, and sometimes made to be disclosed to substantiate what was or wasn't promised in a deal.

How does he reach the conclusion that Hector ruined his reputation ? It seems he came here to dump a hot potato and when caught refused to refund the deposit. Looks to me like he did a fine job ruining his own reputation. This forum is a very large and robust market...... to chuck this for $ 150 is a stupid, childish business decision. Someone should attempt to contact HeroeBoy's Mom, maybe she could go down into the "man"cave and give him a good belt whipping. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

doing some work right now but I'll write up the PL tomorrow morning

What's the point of him being on the PL? If Paypal refunds your money, how is he supposed to make you whole when Paypal has already done that?

The original shadiness, combined with his wall of text "defense" of himself is bad enough. But then he basically tells you to eat it and go see if you can get your money from Paypal.

That is HoS poster child IMHO.

This is a valid point to raise. The best case outcome is that Paypal or the CC gives a full refund. If that happens than the transaction is "complete" in one sense but the injustice remains.

He certainly would remain on the PL until such time as the refund comes in, if it doesn't he will stay there indefinitely. If it does than he would still have to come back to request being removed.

That would be interesting.

I see more HOS requests have come in

I can go that route but before I do I would rather allow more discussion before the nominating process

It seems that whenever there is a quick HOS nomination those who believe that the criteria for HOS is a unique circumstance they tend show up after the nomination has been made and the discussion is no longer about the offender but about the HOS nomination process and I'd rather avoid all that