• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

(my next post)

On a related subject, have any other boardies done business with SFHeroBoyGreg and if so, how did that go?

I had a previous transaction (under $25) that went ok. nothing great but nothing alarming.

Also in the posts that were removed, it appears that Silverweb had a refund issue as well (he did get the refund, but had to wait)

(my next post)

On a related subject, have any other boardies done business with SFHeroBoyGreg and if so, how did that go?

I made a roughly $100 purchase from him a couple months back and it went fine.

(my next post)

I bought a single comic from him not too long ago. Was (somehow) accidentally over-charged on my invoice. (Similar to a post I saw by KPR [i think that's who it was] about a handling fee?).

Now that I look back on the PM, the total was for: "the book, S&H, and fees".

I pointed out the error/over-charge, he re-ran the numbers, and it was good after that.

Out of courtesy I will always ask permission to share information I receive in a PM....but that's me. CGC moderation has access to all PM's, and they probably should. It's pretty easy for me to determine what should be left to discretion, but, like with almost all message boards, there are going to be the resident sociopaths ..... luckily, it's not too hard to spot them. As for Hector, I can't think of anyone less deserving of this than he....but no one deserves to get shagged by some opportunistic Rumpeloader. It would be nice, and something I plan on doing, to toss a couple freebees in the next time Hector purchases something.... to help soften the blow. Chicago ain't cheap and a hundred fifty clams can especially hurt in a place like that. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

thanks for the kind words Jimbo, but really not necessary. I choose to make this decision, so I take full responsibility in not using better judgment

Hector, I hope you don't wait and contact your credit card company now. It might actually push PP to do something if they hear from the CC co.

Re PMs, we know this is a privately held message board, so they pretty much own everything, but Arch has on occasion said they don't "normally" and I'm paraphrasing, look at pms unless both parties agree. Doesn't mean they can't.

I might be wrong, but I'm sure Arch said that they would never look at PMs unless someone claimed they had received something objectionable in one and the mods needed to check it out.

But that's where common sense and the use of the word "private" can be misleading.

If you write me a letter, drop it in the mail, and I receive it. No one can open it before it gets to me. It's sent only to me. Once I have it, however, I can do whatever I want with it. Absent some express agreement between the parties this is like putting your personal items in the garbage...you've let them out of your control. The expectation of privacy is gone once you let that letter out of your control and it's in the hands of its intended party.

This is O/T, but is the statement in bold accurate? I seem to remember instances where famous people--J.D. Salinger, say--have sent people letters and then barred them from publishing the contents on copyright grounds. In other words, even though I send you a letter, I still have a copyright on the contents, which would keep you from republishing it. Or maybe I can only stop you if you profit from the publication? hm

But that's where common sense and the use of the word "private" can be misleading.

If you write me a letter, drop it in the mail, and I receive it. No one can open it before it gets to me. It's sent only to me. Once I have it, however, I can do whatever I want with it. Absent some express agreement between the parties this is like putting your personal items in the garbage...you've let them out of your control. The expectation of privacy is gone once you let that letter out of your control and it's in the hands of its intended party.

This is O/T, but is the statement in bold accurate? I seem to remember instances where famous people--J.D. Salinger, say--have sent people letters and then barred them from publishing the contents on copyright grounds. In other words, even though I send you a letter, I still have a copyright on the contents, which would keep you from republishing it. Or maybe I can only stop you if you profit from the publication? hm

It's profiting from publication if copyright is asserted.

Otherwise fair use is a little tough to overcome, especially if it's used to correct a misstatement or as evidence in a dispute. I should have probably prefaced my comment "I can do whatever I want with it" in the context within which we are discussing.

Anyone think strikes will be coming down for this one? http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8528287&fpart=6 The OP was a tool, but there was a fair bit of TCing going on in there.

Potential for one of the greatest "Last Posts" in board history....

k4l9h.jpg

Pretty sure he was Making up the story about the same buyer buying twice. He said he found out the buyer was the same as the previous buyer because the addresses matched. I'm pretty sure you don't see a shipping address on eBay until the buyer has paid and selected one. Unless my recollection is incorrect.

No this is correct. You don't get the option to prepare shipping label until you've been paid.

Actually, you can...I sent an invoice and I got a flashing light saying to print shipping label. I did ...not seeing the other flashing light at the top of the shipping label page saying Warning they have not paid (I was a little distracted)

Luckily the person was nice and paid me for the books, since I didn't notice till after the postperson took them and I was working on the next label (when I noticed the flashing light)

It was only $12, so I wasn't really worried...but you sure can print a label without them paying. I think it pops up on your list when you send an invoice.

I did write to eBay and say they shouldn't do that.

I have a bunch of notices now where people have not paid that say to print the shipping label.

Weird. I've never seen the option to do that. Thanks for the clarification Sha.

I'm so proud of myself, never used the "snipping tool" before....here as you can see, the little $$ sign for payment is not lit up

print%20postage%20no%20payment.png

Edited by skypinkblu