• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

So.... I've noticed that a lot of the problem n00bs generally got started on Instagram/Facebook comic selling and then somehow ended up here. Any idea why they seem to think that what they are used to in their one environment applies EVERYWHERE?

So.... I've noticed that a lot of the problem n00bs generally got started on Instagram/Facebook comic selling and then somehow ended up here. Any idea why they seem to think that what they are used to in their one environment applies EVERYWHERE?

#everyonegetsatrophy

One us must have told them about it here. Never talk abut fight club!

karj1.jpg

#everyonegetsatrophy

^^

karj1.jpg

(worship) thank you chris

#everyonegetsatrophy

^^

Yeah, that sums it up.

Sportscard huckster -> Sportscard Subforum -> Instagram/Facebook -> Over-the-top Moderns Heating Up eBay pump and dump posts -> CGC B/S/T

I get the same feeling too Dan, as well as no sense of community/no interest other then buying and selling books. I stay away from those sites for exactly that reason.

You and me both. (thumbs u

Dan

I can't speak for Facebook, as I'm not on there. But there's a lot of younger and/or newer collectors on Instagram, and some of them fancy themselves as big time dealers. And when you're dealing with other younger or newer collectors who may not know any better, you can get away with a more flippant attitude towards customer service.

This place, on the other hand, is filled with a bunch of cagey ol' cats who are too smart to get over by a kitten. I've never bought from Gem Mint before, but I've seen the guy have a lot of problem-free transactions on IG, and he always carries himself as a solid citizen there. I imagine he'll chalk this up as a learning experience, and become an even better seller because of it. :wishluck:

I bought a couple of books last night through a Facebook group. Sellers communicated well, got me good pictures, had good prices, and both have already sent me tracking, but the proof will be when the books arrived. One person wanted PPal personal, so I just told him I'd pay the $2 extra for PPal fees.

I did have a negative experience with a Facebook group seller. One book was fine, but the other had a subscription crease, which he denied, saying that I was not using pictures of the same book. He gnashed his teeth but relented with the PPal claim and made a partial refund. I also had someone send me a book with color touch and then complain when I wanted to return it. But he took it back.

It's been a mixed bag so far. There are some folks who, at least to me, are the core of those groups and often are members of multiples. What sense of community there is comes from those common names. But I have made some notable sales there, and made some good buys, too.

As long as I have PPal protection and am smart about what I'm doing, I feel okay continuing. If this FF 67 and MSH 13 look in hand like they do in the images, I'll be very happy with the prices I paid.

I bought a couple of books last night through a Facebook group. Sellers communicated well, got me good pictures, had good prices, and both have already sent me tracking, but the proof will be when the books arrived. One person wanted PPal personal, so I just told him I'd pay the $2 extra for PPal fees.

I did have a negative experience with a Facebook group seller. One book was fine, but the other had a subscription crease, which he denied, saying that I was not using pictures of the same book. He gnashed his teeth but relented with the PPal claim and made a partial refund. I also had someone send me a book with color touch and then complain when I wanted to return it. But he took it back.

It's been a mixed bag so far. There are some folks who, at least to me, are the core of those groups and often are members of multiples. What sense of community there is comes from those common names. But I have made some notable sales there, and made some good buys, too.

As long as I have PPal protection and am smart about what I'm doing, I feel okay continuing. If this FF 67 and MSH 13 look in hand like they do in the images, I'll be very happy with the prices I paid.

Sounds good. I guess I'm just so used to the long time sellers around here being reliable and fair. I'm happy.

Dan

I can't speak for Facebook, as I'm not on there. But there's a lot of younger and/or newer collectors on Instagram, and some of them fancy themselves as big time dealers. And when you're dealing with other younger or newer collectors who may not know any better, you can get away with a more flippant attitude towards customer service.

This place, on the other hand, is filled with a bunch of cagey ol' cats who are too smart to get over by a kitten. I've never bought from Gem Mint before, but I've seen the guy have a lot of problem-free transactions on IG, and he always carries himself as a solid citizen there. I imagine he'll chalk this up as a learning experience, and become an even better seller because of it. :wishluck:

Thanks Jam

Thanks Jam

No problem. Now follow me (nosaj80) back, you self-centered . :baiting:

Thanks Jam

No problem. Now follow me (nosaj80) back, you self-centered . :baiting:

Done.