• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,161 posts in this topic

And the OP has no issues threadkrapping in my WTB thread anyway. Looks good on him.

Oh, ok. Now it makes sense. It's not like you to threadkrap all willy nilly. This was revenge. At least the confusion is gone.

For the record I agree he acted like in crapping on your wtb.

I also think the celebs on that book are an impediment instead of a benefit. Just my opinion, and I love celeb books, as you well know. Full cast signed, maybe, but not just two random sigs.

I'm curious, is this generally the case with any book in the SS market, that buyers don't like the mixing of creator and celebrity signatures?

I posted in that thread (clearly since others quoted me) and since the OP and other followers of the WD faith didn't like it, I erased them. One post was because the book does go unsold alot here (there isn't an argument here, it is one of the most overpriced and frequently "flipped" books that appears here with mostly unsuccessful results) and his price was/is gouge worthy. The other post was because he is a bit of a and wasn't following the rules.

The real crime is the continual bumps people are making to his spoon thread in defense of his "right" to post a book for sale at a ridiculous price. Anywhere else in the world people have the right to call BS when they see it, but on here it is infringing on his rights as an American (or some other nonsense).

Begin crucification.

I posted in that thread (clearly since others quoted me) and since the OP and other followers of the WD faith didn't like it, I erased them. One post was because the book does go unsold alot here (there isn't an argument here, it is one of the most overpriced and frequently "flipped" books that appears here with mostly unsuccessful results) and his price was/is gouge worthy. The other post was because he is a bit of a and wasn't following the rules.

The real crime is the continual bumps people are making to his spoon thread in defense of his "right" to post a book for sale at a ridiculous price. Anywhere else in the world people have the right to call BS when they see it, but on here it is infringing on his rights as an American (or some other nonsense).

Begin crucification.

You are entitled to your opinion yes, the reason criticism is discouraged in sales threads is because its pretty much with human nature all or nothing. If you allow one kind of criticism you invite all and any kind in every other thread.

I think the only exceptions I have heard argued for, plausibly, were in the case of PL/HOS offenders, and the exposing of fraud. If its not that, issues should be expressed via PM. 2c

Begin crucification.

You are entitled to your opinion yes, the reason criticism is discouraged in sales threads is because its pretty much with human nature all or nothing. If you allow one kind of criticism you invite all and any kind in every other thread.

I think the only exceptions I have heard argued for, plausibly, were in the case of PL/HOS offenders, and the exposing of fraud. If its not that, issues should be expressed via PM. 2c

as to your first post that you deleted, why even post that if that's true? plenty of other books fall in that category but you don't do that, heck no one else does that.

It's apparent how you feel about that book, but the way I look at it for comments like those, I ask myself how would I feel if someone posted that in my sales thread?

Begin crucification.

I get it, slippery slope.

I guess what got me was when he stated: "i put the OR BEST OFFER in big letters to avoid peoples advice on the price and what i should do with it."

Clearly his best offer inclusion is disingenuous and this leads me to believe he knows his pricing is spoon. I know your (and others) responses will still be the same, but this type of listing on the boards is extremely frustrating.

Begin crucification.

as to your first post that you deleted, why even post that if that's true? plenty of other books fall in that category but you don't do that, heck no one else does that.

It's apparent how you feel about that book, but the way I look at it for comments like those, I ask myself how would I feel if someone posted that in my sales thread?

I posted because I was frustrated, I'm human.

We don't have to get into a discussion about that book, but my position is that the way it is being used is a symptom of greater problem that represents a serious risk to the hobby. We can talk it in a PM or another thread though.

People have posted in my sales threads a number of times and I usually follow-up with supporting data and reasoning or ignore it.

But I get what you are saying.

And the OP has no issues threadkrapping in my WTB thread anyway. Looks good on him.

Oh, ok. Now it makes sense. It's not like you to threadkrap all willy nilly. This was revenge. At least the confusion is gone.

And now it's revenge. :eyeroll:

You really missed the boat not opening that fortune teller's booth at the carnival.

I still am being logical. Not liking the analysis doesn't equate to being illogical. You laughed at his post. You then came in here to justify mocking someone asking a high price. Then you say he deserves the threadkrap (" it looks good on him ") for him doing the same to your earlier wtb post. The same wtb post where you two have it out with each other.

You basically provided motive and intent as to that it was threadkrap and why you were doing it.

If you weren't laughing at his asking price then logical minds would wonder why you'd feel the need to come here justifying a price based threadkrap in that thread.

Do you actually deny you were intentionally messing with him in his sales thread or are you trying to parse out why you were messing with him in his sales thread?

Own it man. Denying it, after everything posted subsequent, is worse than the original threadkrap had it been borne proudly.

Begin crucification.

I guess what got me was when he stated: "i put the OR BEST OFFER in big letters to avoid peoples advice on the price and what i should do with it."

Clearly his best offer inclusion is disingenuous and this leads me to believe he knows his pricing is spoon. I know your (and others) responses will still be the same, but this type of listing on the boards is extremely frustrating.

I am not sure what is so frustrating about his post. YOU don't like his price at what is stated, yet you claim he is WAY over GPA...yet if we go back and look at GPA this book has sold publicly for it to be reported to GPA at over $4000 with only 2 signatures on the book. Or more recently for $3500 with only 2 signatures and this is the one you want to call out? Come on man.

Begin crucification.

I am not sure what is so frustrating about his post. YOU don't like his price at what is stated, yet you claim he is WAY over GPA...yet if we go back and look at GPA this book has sold publicly for it to be reported to GPA at over $4000 with only 2 signatures on the book. Or more recently for $3500 with only 2 signatures and this is the one you want to call out? Come on man.

And even if his asking price is "20% over average 2015 GPA for 2 sigs" as some have said, who cares? It's his sales thread, not a discussion thread about his sales thread.

Even if his price was double or triple GPA it doesn't really matter. We don't run into someone's sales thread, whip our our wang, and whiz all over the place. We come into the discussion thread and made vague allusions to it until someone figures out what the hell we are talking about. As it was and shall ever be.

You really missed the boat not opening that fortune teller's booth at the carnival.

I still am being logical. Not liking the analysis doesn't equate to being illogical. You laughed at his post. You then came in here to justify mocking someone asking a high price. Then you say he deserves the threadkrap (" it looks good on him ") for him doing the same to your earlier wtb post. The same wtb post where you two have it out with each other.

You basically provided motive and intent as to that it was threadkrap and why you were doing it.

If you weren't laughing at his asking price then logical minds would wonder why you'd feel the need to come here justifying a price based threadkrap in that thread.

Do you actually deny you were intentionally messing with him in his sales thread or are you trying to parse out why you were messing with him in his sales thread?

Own it man. Denying it, after everything posted subsequent, is worse than the original threadkrap had it been borne proudly.

I own everything I do. Your "logical conclusions" are assumptions and are incorrect but don't let the truth stop you. (thumbs u

Begin crucification.

Oh the joy of GPA reported shill sales. :cloud9:

I own everything I do. Your "logical conclusions" are assumptions and are incorrect but don't let the truth stop you. (thumbs u

So you didn't

1) Laugh at his sales post in his sales thread,

2) Respond to people speaking about the overall threadkrapping in his thread by claiming the book's asking price is far over FMV,

3) Say that the threadkrap he's getting "looks good on him" because he threadkrapped in your WTB,

?

These are your words and actions that led me to the conclusion that you were intentionally messing with him (using the non-spooned version word that Fingh used) in his own sales thread...ya know...threadkrapping.

Given your immediate linkage to his threadkrap in your WTB, and the subsequent face off within that WTB, is anyone supposed to believe you were laughing at the seller in a good natured and completely non-threadkrap way?

Begin crucification.

Oh the joy of GPA reported shill sales. :cloud9:

Does it really matter what a guy is asking for his own book in his own thread?

The price is irrelevant to the discourtesy.

Begin crucification.

And even if his asking price is "20% over average 2015 GPA for 2 sigs" as some have said, who cares? It's his sales thread, not a discussion thread about his sales thread.

Even if his price was double or triple GPA it doesn't really matter. We don't run into someone's sales thread, whip our our wang, and whiz all over the place. We come into the discussion thread and made vague allusions to it until someone figures out what the hell we are talking about. As it was and shall ever be.

I don't think what I posted was quite so dramatic, but I understand what you are saying.

Personally, I think this is a problem that is getting worse and the rules are protecting people that don't deserve it. We are creating a fictitious marketplace dynamic for the sake of perceived anarchy without it.

However, I get it, I am a *spoon* for my first comment in his thread. I erased it some time ago and if the OP wanted, he could erase his capture of my comments and ask others to do the same.

Can we be done now?

Begin crucification.

I don't think what I posted was quite so dramatic, but I understand what you are saying.

Personally, I think this is a problem that is getting worse and the rules are protecting people that don't deserve it. We are creating a fictitious marketplace dynamic for the sake of perceived anarchy without it.

However, I get it, I am a *spoon* for my first comment in his thread. I erased it some time ago and if the OP wanted, he could erase his capture of my comments and ask others to do the same.

Can we be done now?

I meant "whip out our wang" in general. lol

Yours was not that dramatic, I agree.

We should absolutely keep the rule that prevents thread-krapping, even if the book is ridiculously priced, so long as the seller follows the rules and isn't on the PL or in the HOS. I recently joined a few fb groups, and the thread-krapping is ruining some of the groups. You want anarchy? Go and join a fb buy/sell/trade group. Why continually bump someone's over-priced sale? Why not let it die on page 10? The board marketplace isn't perfect, but it's far superior to any other fee-free buying and selling option that I've ever experienced.

We should absolutely keep the rule that prevents thread-krapping, even if the book is ridiculously priced, so long as the seller follows the rules and isn't on the PL or in the HOS. I recently joined a few fb groups, and the thread-krapping is ruining some of the groups. You want anarchy? Go and join a fb buy/sell/trade group. Why continually bump someone's over-priced sale? Why not let it die on page 10? The board marketplace isn't perfect, but it's far superior to any other fee-free buying and selling option that I've ever experienced.

FB groups are pretty rough with thread crapping, no doubt.