• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

If someone had a question all they would have to do is send me a message and I'd answer it for them rather than have people make cryptic posts in a thread.

Dear Roy,

I was wondering if you took care of that thing from the other day in regards to that guy that wanted the thing last week taken care of? He is not happy that the other thing was not taken care of in a timely fashion and wants to see the results of the current thing before he moves forward with the next thing.

Sincerely,

Johnny "The Nose" Gaga-gool

If someone had a question all they would have to do is send me a message and I'd answer it for them rather than have people make cryptic posts in a thread.

Dear Roy,

I was wondering if you took care of that thing from the other day in regards to that guy that wanted the thing last week taken care of? He is not happy that the other thing was not taken care of in a timely fashion and wants to see the results of the current thing before he moves forward with the next thing.

Sincerely,

Johnny "The Nose" Gaga-gool

Was it dat ting about the ting at dat place?

Done and done.

Micky 'the hairstyle' Gamatti

Where does one go to advertise that one takes consignments? I am just curious... y'kknow, since I just sold two TWD #1s last month for someone else...

:)

-slym

go old school and do it on the back page of a comic, something sh*tty only older completionists buy, like Action Comics.

Where does one go to advertise that one takes consignments? I am just curious... y'kknow, since I just sold two TWD #1s last month for someone else...

-slym

How were the prices that you got?

-slym

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=21&page=1

Chip has offered to sell books on consignment for board members for years. He does it for others.

I don't understand what the problem is. (shrug)

No problem but I wonder why you are selling through him and not just doing it yourself? (shrug)

Because then I don't have to deal with the eBay riff raff. :grin:

What about this?

Chip has offered to sell books on consignment for board members for years. He does it for others.

No problem but I wonder why you are selling through him and not just doing it yourself? (shrug)

What about this?

What about it?

What about this?

What about it?

Just curious why you'd consign when you have other options available. Not a big deal, just curious.

What about this?

What about it?

Just curious why you'd consign when you have other options available. Not a big deal, just curious.

For the same reason every other major dealer like Highgradecomics, Greg Reece, Harley, etc put books on eBay as well as their sites. Not every sees your website.

What about this?

What about it?

For the same reason every other major dealer like Highgradecomics, Greg Reece, Harley, etc put books on eBay as well as their sites. Not every sees your website.

Its also about getting as many eyes on it as possible. Chip can get views on it and roy can get views on it. Its a win win.

Honestly but some of these questions are really absurd…

Logan, did you seriously think for a minute that each and every selling venue gets the same exposure and works for all kind of sales?

Obviously Roy and Chip find a satisfactory way to sell or consign on eBay, which reaches an audience that is – if nothing other – wider than most audiences you would obtain with websites.

Not even popular ones like MyComicshop, Metropolis or Worldwide can match the visibility you can have on eBay. On certain things, it’s just the more appropriate.

I know David's question was not implying anything because he’s a good guy but sometimes you feel like you are within some dystopian XX novel, here. lol

Yes, MCS is also selling on eBay, and this obviously gives them even more visibility. :)

In fact I believe I became aware of them first thanks to eBay, when I was at the early stages of my discovery of the Golden Age comic books.

Working on adding Amazon as well. MCS+eBay+Amazon > eBay alone

Honestly but some of these questions are really absurd…

Logan, did you seriously think for a minute that each and every selling venue gets the same exposure and works for all kind of sales?

Obviously Roy and Chip find a satisfactory way to sell or consign on eBay, which reaches an audience that is – if nothing other – wider than most audiences you would obtain with websites.

Not even popular ones like MyComicshop, Metropolis or Worldwide can match the visibility you can have on eBay. On certain things, it’s just the more appropriate.

I know David's question was not implying anything because he’s a good guy but sometimes you feel like you are within some dystopian XX novel, here. lol

Don't ever speak to me.