• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Regarding that thread, when the documentary "How not to introduce yourself to the CGC forums and build up a solid reputation in order to build confidence in your customer base for selling your books" gets released, I'll look forward to that shining example. :cloud9:

Regarding that thread, when the documentary "How not to introduce yourself to the CGC forums and build up a solid reputation in order to build confidence in your customer base for selling your books" gets released, I'll look forward to that shining example. :cloud9:

lol no doubt.

Side question. I've owned my share of double and triple cover books in my day. Do slightly above mid-grade double covers demand almost 5 times GPA for a single cover copy?

I didn't track that giant collection of multiple cover books that got auctions a bit ago, did they garner those types of multiples?

Whenever I sell a book that is pieced together I fully disclose the book as such. As I did with the action 23 that was posted last week. What I do not do is trim, color touch or restore books. If there is primitave resto I can remove without causing harm, that I will do. In case of this s cap, I fully disclosed the piece was removed. I did miss the missing piece in the interior. There was a better way to notify me rather than post on my thread, but you've had a vendetta against me for some time it seems.

I would love to chat about it at comic art con if you're attending.

lolClearly you can't be trusted. I avoid your sales threads and I'm sure I'm not alone.

+1 (Lack of full disclosure from a greedy flipper who rationalizes away scenarios = Ignore)

Speaking of ignore, it's always interesting seeing who has you on ignore, especially when you don't know of any specific issue or problem between the two of you, and you've done business with before and met in person.

I suppose, however, when you take strong stands and make your opinion known, people will be bound to have problems with it.

Curiosity, of course, plays a part, because you want to know what it was that you said or did, but generally, you don't find out.

Oh well.

Unblock me already

Whenever I sell a book that is pieced together I fully disclose the book as such. As I did with the action 23 that was posted last week. What I do not do is trim, color touch or restore books. If there is primitave resto I can remove without causing harm, that I will do. In case of this s cap, I fully disclosed the piece was removed. I did miss the missing piece in the interior. There was a better way to notify me rather than post on my thread, but you've had a vendetta against me for some time it seems.

lolClearly you can't be trusted. I avoid your sales threads and I'm sure I'm not alone.

+1 (Lack of full disclosure from a greedy flipper who rationalizes away scenarios = Ignore)

Speaking of ignore, it's always interesting seeing who has you on ignore, especially when you don't know of any specific issue or problem between the two of you, and you've done business with before and met in person.

I suppose, however, when you take strong stands and make your opinion known, people will be bound to have problems with it.

Curiosity, of course, plays a part, because you want to know what it was that you said or did, but generally, you don't find out.

Oh well.

Pot meet kettle. (thumbs u

Oh well.

Pot meet kettle. (thumbs u

Oh, you want to do this publicly, then...?

I've got nothing to hide. How about you?

I'll answer anyone who wants to know why I've put them on ignore.

lol no doubt.

Side question. I've owned my share of double and triple cover books in my day. Do slightly above mid-grade double covers demand almost 5 times GPA for a single cover copy?

I didn't track that giant collection of multiple cover books that got auctions a bit ago, did they garner those types of multiples?

Chisoxfan....I missed the fun.Can you throw me a linky?

Comix4fun:

Based on what I know of, from seeing GPA "double cover" notation sales occasionally....no way in Hell.I've only had a few double covers.Like Demon Dreams 1 CGC 9.0...basically, not even worth slabbing.I've got a Ms.Mystic #2 Voldemort 9.6 A.S. Neal Adams....probably will break even on that with Adams sig fees & grading.

I do have a sweet BA Aquaman(later 1970's) that will likely get a 9.8, when I get around to pressing/subbing it to CGC.

Max would be 200% for double covers, I'd think.500% is redonkulous.

Then again, I don't know what the book in question is.

If it was a "classic cover" like a Superman #233, then maybe close to that higher end.....But that'd be a big outlier and it'd have to be something sick like a tripled cover 9.8 WP, with all covers in 9.8.

A Lois # 106....yeah, I could see somebody flipping their lid over a triple cover of that book.In any grade.That is one of the most undervalued BA books, IMHO, to begin with.

Edited by CopperAgeKids

If you are referring to the gijoed/Comic Conenct acution from 2009 or so, the answer is no.

it's interesting to see someone who complains a lot of about certain things that go on the boards and when we have someone who insults board members, doesn't follow the selling rules, yet despite that lo and behold that same person goes out and buys the book

COOL BOOKS indeed :facepalm:

This is why we need a threads heating up thread. I cant believe I missed that but it was a great read. I cant believe I didnt see the Cool Books sale coming. I should have known that cool books trump all!