• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I have a quick question kinda related.

Are people allowed to post a link to a previous sale of a seller's book?

In a sense they could be providing information that might effct the sale.

I ask because I'll be selling some books soon that I'd like to get more than I paid for.

I feel guilty asking for more and not listing original price, but at the same time I feel disclosing purchase price upfront is also shooting myself in the foot.

Nothing wrong with selling for more. Just don't post self-serving incomplete sales data to justify the price.

I ask because I'll be selling some books soon that I'd like to get more than I paid for.

I feel guilty asking for more and not listing original price, but at the same time I feel disclosing purchase price upfront is also shooting myself in the foot.

Asking more for books is the reason these aren't still cover price. :insane:

No one here is ever going to have a problem with someone asking more for a book than they paid. There's nothing unethical about that.

No need to disclose the purchase price at all.

In this case the link to the auction result was not to show the price paid as much as it was to show the disparity in description between the auction and the seller and only after he confirmed, when questioned directly regarding the missing chunk out of a page, that the book was entirely complete.

If the two descriptions matched exactly you wouldn't have seen any link to the auction description at all, and the book might have been sold by now. To me that's a valuable lesson in the rewards of being forthright and the penalties for rounding off the edges on disclosure.

I would also like to say thanks as i do not follow Heritage and would have had no idea.....

I would also like to give an FYI

When I buy something I list on paypal in the comments a list of the books I purchased for my records. I have recently purchased an Issue of Isis and found that due to placing the Isis name in the thread it will take an additional 24-48 hours to clear.

Something i would never have thought of so just a heads up

Asking more for books is the reason these aren't still cover price. :insane:

No one here is ever going to have a problem with someone asking more for a book than they paid. There's nothing unethical about that.

No need to disclose the purchase price at all.

In this case the link to the auction result was not to show the price paid as much as it was to show the disparity in description between the auction and the seller and only after he confirmed, when questioned directly regarding the missing chunk out of a page, that the book was entirely complete.

If the two descriptions matched exactly you wouldn't have seen any link to the auction description at all, and the book might have been sold by now. To me that's a valuable lesson in the rewards of being forthright and the penalties for rounding off the edges on disclosure.

Takes me back to when I listed a book. I was asked how long I owned the book. When I said over a decade, the jerk became belligerent that I paid considerably less than I was asking. Uh yeah a decade ago, prior to any movie hype and new found love for the character.

Whenever I sell a book that is pieced together I fully disclose the book as such. As I did with the action 23 that was posted last week. What I do not do is trim, color touch or restore books. If there is primitave resto I can remove without causing harm, that I will do. In case of this s cap, I fully disclosed the piece was removed. I did miss the missing piece in the interior. There was a better way to notify me rather than post on my thread, but you've had a vendetta against me for some time it seems.

I would love to chat about it at comic art con if you're attending.

Ankur,

I posted that you forgot to put a return policy in your thread. That's what the mods have told us to do when a seller is violating the rules of the forum. You'll find that's all I've posted in your thread.

This is a pattern with you. You aren't the victim. There are no vendettas against you. Your actions and your behavior raised valid, specific, and earnest questions.

The fact that you bought a book from Heritage a week or so ago, that was graded an apparent 1.5, removed a patch on the back cover, list it back up for sale as a now unrestored book, but still a 1.5, failed to disclose (until pressed and cornered) that there was also a chunk out of an interior page, claiming it was 100% complete on the interior, going so far as to say you went page by page, when you knew or should have known it wasn't complete isn't someone doing something TO YOU.

These are your actions. Rounding off the corners of the description, gilding the lily, disclosing some things but leaving out others. Can you really say that calling this book "complete" more than once is not deceptive? Flat out.

Then you bristle when people call your actions into question? That's a vendetta against you? Really? You're the victim here? lol

You want to talk it over at Comic Art Con? lol What explanation will you have for how you sold the Cap #74 with the moving target of a grade, or how you tried to sell this book the way you did? And these are the first two issues you've had, is it? Never had problems with artists alley creators? Any issues when doing art deals with other collectors or dealers? You think you can convince me that poor you is just the victim of multiple, repeated, coincidental, circumstance?

I assume all of those problems are someone else's fault, right? Not your actions? Take a look at all these issues and questions that pop up and you'll find the common denominator isn't anyone other than you and the choices you've made.

:applause:

Whenever I sell a book that is pieced together I fully disclose the book as such. As I did with the action 23 that was posted last week. What I do not do is trim, color touch or restore books. If there is primitave resto I can remove without causing harm, that I will do. In case of this s cap, I fully disclosed the piece was removed. I did miss the missing piece in the interior. There was a better way to notify me rather than post on my thread, but you've had a vendetta against me for some time it seems.

I would love to chat about it at comic art con if you're attending.

Is there a phils outside comic art con ? (shrug)

lol i actually wondered if "comic art con" was a secret code name for phil's parking lot

I would also like to say thanks as i do not follow Heritage and would have had no idea.....

I would also like to give an FYI

When I buy something I list on paypal in the comments a list of the books I purchased for my records. I have recently purchased an Issue of Isis and found that due to placing the Isis name in the thread it will take an additional 24-48 hours to clear.

Something i would never have thought of so just a heads up

hm you may have just found yourself on some new lists! :o

We need a code for talking about Isis, the book, not the...you know.

I suggest 'Nisis'

Either not Isis, or nice Isis

I had never even had any thoughts of the group I remember the cartoon as a child but lemme tell ya getting a PayPal email saying that the

"Government Regulations require us to take a closer look at some transactions. Your payment is temporarily pending while we review it." :fear:

Is quite the WTF moment then listening as the lady explained the reasoning I did feel more at ease but still twas a real scare for a 50 cent book......

Live and learn........