• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

For the sake of clarity:

In the post that was deleted, I posted a link to the auction and something like the following text:

"I just put a SS# 1 , 1987 newsstand , CGC 9.6 up for 7 day no reserve auction about an hour ago with 100% of closing bid donated to an honorable charity.

Nice.....there's a bid at the opening price of .75....with 4 watchers :facepalm:

If, you want to get a CGC 9.6 newsstand SS #1, which is the ONLY newsstand CGC graded 9.6 on eBay, please place a fair bid after you click onto the auction.

Thank You."

For the sake of clarity:

In the post that was deleted, I posted a link to the auction and something like the following text:

..."Nice.....there's a bid at the opening price of .75....with 4 watchers :facepalm: "

nope.

it was more like "nice... the book is well below market and there are 4 people trying to snipe a charity auction" or something like that...

which led to my question here "ebay is able to show snipers?" which I thought might be some new function they had... but it sounds like you just were equating watchers to snipers?

For the sake of clarity:

..."Nice.....there's a bid at the opening price of .75....with 4 watchers :facepalm: "

nope.

it was more like "nice... the book is well below market and there are 4 people trying to snipe a charity auction" or something like that...

which led to my question here "ebay is able to show snipers?" which I thought might be some new function they had... but it sounds like you just were equating watchers to snipers?

He also called them dbags

For the sake of clarity:

nope.

I missed the funny again....dammit!

For the sake of clarity:

nope.

I missed the funny again....dammit!

All you need to know...

g136564935353871940.jpg

For the sake of clarity:

nope.

Yeah, I saw that too - something about "4 dbags looking to snipe" :eyeroll:

For the sake of clarity:

nope.

I suppose it's impossible that someone saw that book and:

A) Had a similar copy and wanted to see where this one ended, or

B) Came across and it and wanted to check past sales so they marked it to watch and come back later when they knew what they wanted to bid, or

C) Were running through all the books from that particular title in a search and was bookmarking them as they saw them so they could return later, having them all on his "my eBay page".

For the sake of clarity:

nope.

A) Had a similar copy and wanted to see where this one ended, or

B) Came across and it and wanted to check past sales so they marked it to watch and come back later when they knew what they wanted to bid, or

C) Were running through all the books from that particular title in a search and was bookmarking them as they saw them so they could return later, having them all on his "my eBay page".

Reason & logic have no place here! :sumo:

We could be using our time jumping to conclusions instead!

Edited by Doktor

A) Had a similar copy and wanted to see where this one ended,

I do this all the time

+1
So that's two, who were the other two dbags looking to snipe?

lol