• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Chip, with all due respect, I don't understand why you would ship this way. Just because you've been lucky so far, doesn't mean your packaging is immune from damage. I suspect there have been more incidents that your customers have simply ignored. I'm also surprised why you would advertise this way of shipping on the Boards. Some of us will not buy from sellers that ship like this.

Well, that's fine. Over the last 36 months I've had over 25,000 transactions with less than 50 returns (not all related to damage).

I'm sorry, but that sample size does NOT illustrate "luck." That means I know what I'm doing. If some people are pickier than my shipping method and don't want to request boxed shipping for more money, then so be it. You can't win 'em all.

You're free to ship any way that suits you, but there's no question that your books are being damaged if you ship in this manner, and your customers just aren't bothered by it. If it works for you, no problem, but don't deceive yourself into believing there isn't some damage to a statistically significant portion of your books because of it. There most certainly is

Are you taking about the ones who aren't here to sell at all based on their prices?

one thread is simple. You dont even have to look GPA up. Take his price, subtract $75 and that's what the last sale was of the book (and 90% of the time it was the same book within the last 6 months).

Do these guys think we dont know what books have sold for?

And yes markets move, but we're talking about mid-grade GA books that are only in moderate demand...

sometimes I think the sales threads are attempts to tell wives/girlfriends who are pushing them to sell their book

"look honey, I posted the book(s) for sale, it's not my fault these guys are cheap bastards"

sometimes I think the sales threads are attempts to tell wives/girlfriends who are pushing them to sell their book

"look honey, I posted the book(s) for sale, it's not my fault these guys are cheap bastards"

:D

Although, that would backfire on me with my wife...then she'd say "see, I told you you'd never be able to sell those damn things...'investment' my ." lol

:D

Although, that would backfire on me with my wife...then she'd say "see, I told you you'd never be able to sell those damn things...'investment' my ." lol

So true. I get that alot at home.

IMO, wise moderation move over in the WC

Maybe. A full delete of that and what is up in personal and sales thread might be better IMO. Feel bad for the OP however not convinced they were on the up and up about everything.

Full delete is a bad idea. Out of sight. Out of mind. People forget and this needs to be remembered and we need to be able to reference it. This is information the board needs to have....that includes the doubts and the changing stories. We're not safer with deleted threads.

We've lost threads on some of the worst moments on the boards, items that we'd be wiser having around to remind us.

Maybe. A full delete of that and what is up in personal and sales thread might be better IMO. Feel bad for the OP however not convinced they were on the up and up about everything.

Full delete is a bad idea. Out of sight. Out of mind. People forget and this needs to be remembered and we need to be able to reference it. This is information the board needs to have....that includes the doubts and the changing stories. We're not safer with deleted threads.

We've lost threads on some of the worst moments on the boards, items that we'd be wiser having around to remind us.

It wasn't my fault for once.

Can't tell if bragging or sad....:baiting:

Only because Canada doesn't allow Paypal Loans.....otherwise you'd be hip deep.

Maybe you're right here. It's sad. A little investigation on google turns up some burnt bridges he had in the toy collecting/trading forums related to bad deals.

Maybe you're right here. It's sad. A little investigation on google turns up some burnt bridges he had in the toy collecting/trading forums related to bad deals.

Can anyone give insight into why the WC thread was closed?

Can anyone give insight into why the WC thread was closed?

Dena probably thought that it would lead to a dark path due to Chip's history of being short fused and because that is his history. Hell, he even got mad when someone posted that they didn't think that Civil War was that great of a movie. If you've been here long enough, you've probably seen that side of him.

Didnt CC say some of his comments in the thread had been flagged? Moderator probably saw the thread and sent it to Dena who locked it.
Someone even suggested CC went too far with a comment (one that had been scrubbed I assume) and deserved a vacation for it.