• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Didnt CC say some of his comments in the thread had been flagged? Moderator probably saw the thread and sent it to Dena who locked it.
Someone even suggested CC went too far with a comment (one that had been scrubbed I assume) and deserved a vacation for it.

Yes the comment was scrubbed. Two of them actually.

Didnt CC say some of his comments in the thread had been flagged? Moderator probably saw the thread and sent it to Dena who locked it.
Someone even suggested CC went too far with a comment (one that had been scrubbed I assume) and deserved a vacation for it.

Oh my :facepalm:

Oh my :facepalm:

That is unfortunate. I had read through every page of commentary and had thought it generally very constructive and civilized. Considering the circumstances, people were calm and measured in their reactions and advice. I guess that is why it surprised me that it would be shut down. I guess I must have missed something.

Which CC are we referring to? There are two members with those username initials that both have a tendency to post dumb comments.

CC decided to inject politics into that thread. Why, I don't know

I don't. He's crossed certain lines that baffle me as to how he doesn't get a vacation.

My idea is that it's ok to be a racist and politically charged as long as you come across as totally certifiably insane.

I don't. He's crossed certain lines that baffle me as to how he doesn't get a vacation.

My idea is that it's ok to be a racist and politically charged as long as you come across as totally certifiably insane.

That's the loophole I use. :D

I pretty much never venture into the WC, so I'm glad that thread was pointed out. It was enlightening, to say the least.

On a tangent -- somewhat related -- several years back, a pretty-well known poster/seller who I'd done a number of transactions with (with all I've picked up here over time, it doesn't really narrow it down at all, I know lol ) mentioned in a PM how he was in a money crunch. I sent him a couple hundred dollars as a gift to help him out. Not a whole lot later, I ended up being repaid by being stiffed on books I'd paid for in a transaction and never ended up receiving (and I didn't bring them up for the PL, I think, because I always thought they would make good in the end -- they stopped selling shortly afterward and vanished, so it became a moot point).

I always wondered what happened with the person, since they stopped returning PM's and stopped posting here. Did they end up having something catastrophic happen to them in the end? Was I taken for a sucker? Was it something in between?

I tend to be generous with people I know -- or who I think I know -- and VERY suspicious of people I don't (the panhandlers with the signs I see on the way to work every day, for example). In the end, though, what we think we know about people almost always isn't the whole picture. Some healthy skepticism and transparency isn't a bad thing -- generosity shouldn't be an automatic given for any situation. The generosity of the people here has been remarkable over the years, and I would hate to ever see it abused. :(

For a while I couldn't figure out what I had said....and apparently it wasn't me this time.

Clearly I'm losing my touch :doh:

I thought we were talking about you this whole time!?! :o