• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

How about this, Bob - rather than continuing to dance around the issue, and since you've had at least 3 potential customers ask you about the pressing history:

Book A - pressing unknown.

Book B - I had it pressed.

Book C - pressing unknown.

It's a red herring to suggest you're being asked to speculate. Just post what you know. Can you do that?

Yep. That would be a good way to handle it given that the seller has made the point many times that he objects to SA pedigrees being pressed. At any rate, that's been my understanding of his position.

I already responded to this above. I'd rather give serious potential buyers of pricey comics more information than just 'pressing history unknown', particularly since the source of the comic and certain stigmata in its appearance swing the pendulum of probability.

Here's the link to my sales thread, which includes an unrestored copy of TOS #39 in cgc 8.0 with white pages and a vintage Stan Lee signature. I did not have the comic pressed, and its prior pressing history is unknown and so subject to speculation. If you're considering buying the comic, I can give you more details that address whether the book may have been pressed, as I've done already for two board members via pm:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9726135#Post9726135

The most confusing thing about the "frenzy" sales threads is that a different seller could sell the exact same book at the exact same listed grade for an even cheaper price and it will sit unsold.

The most confusing thing about the "frenzy" sales threads is that a different seller could sell the exact same book at the exact same listed grade for an even cheaper price and it will sit unsold.

I do find it confusing but it's a good way to see what he is doing well and possibly emulate him in ways. He brings a huge batch of premium books to the table in a short time frame which draws in a large batch of buyers. He provides good scans and is know for good customer service so people are willing to pay a bit more from the name brand seller. At least here we are not paying a grand to get a table to see the same thing happen.

I do find it confusing but it's a good way to see what he is doing well and possibly emulate him in ways. He brings a huge batch of premium books to the table in a short time frame which draws in a large batch of buyers. He provides good scans and is know for good customer service so people are willing to pay a bit more from the name brand seller. At least here we are not paying a grand to get a table to see the same thing happen.

It's certainly not an indictment of the seller. Whatever he's doing works.

I just bought a pretty awesome Captain Marvel puzzle! :banana:

Lots and lots of great stuff in his thread. I don't like participating in threads I can't think about a purchase for 10 seconds without it being gone. Now if the books are $1 then I'm all for making split decisions but when we are dealing with $200 books then I shy away from those types of threads (unless Foolkiller or October are blowing out books of course)

Edited by 1Cool

Lots and lots of great stuff in his thread. I don't like participating in threads I can't think about a purchase for 10 seconds without it being gone. Now if the books are $1 then I'm all for making split decisions but when we are dealing with $200 books then I shy away from those types of threads (unless Foolkiller or October are blowing out books of course)

My puzzle was $25. #Winning

Next month. :)

Was that a good deal?

Was that a good deal?

No idea!

Next month. :)

:banana: Yours will be a frenzy FS thread that I am eager to buy from :popcorn:

I'm going to take the day off for Octobers thread

Yeah I said it

You get phone notifications for new sales threads already! Sometimes you grab them 45 seconds after being posted. lol