• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

25-30 percent below market price, can't imagine why the sellers aren't flocking to him

I think your comment in the thread was spot on. Maybe he's looking to catch someone off guard?

Buy up copies at 25-30% off current (AHEM, pre-movie announcement) market prices and then reap the rewards later. It's a move worthy of a Ferengi.

25-30 percent below market price, can't imagine why the sellers aren't flocking to him

I think your comment in the thread was spot on. Maybe he's looking to catch someone off guard?

Buy up copies at 25-30% off current (AHEM, pre-movie announcement) market prices and then reap the rewards later. It's a move worthy of a Ferengi.

I'd like to pretend I don't get this reference, but I do. And I chuckled a bit. Well said.

And in this case it's really 30-50% below market price, if the most recent GPA sales (post announcement) are to be utilized...and if you factor in the free shipping demanded it's an even wider gap.

Hopefully someone unaware of the announcement doesn't take that offer and find out afterwards, but before shipping, as it's almost enough to make someone ship that book in just a paper manila envelope. Not that I would ever advise that. That's bush league. (tsk)

And in this case it's really 30-50% below market price, if the most recent GPA sales (post announcement) are to be utilized...and if you factor in the free shipping demanded it's an even wider gap.

When I posted my WTB thread, the most recent sale or two had not hit GPA.

But my question to the people accusing me of trying to rip people off is this: HOW?

How am I trying to rip anyone off? I clearly stated what I wanted to buy and what I was offering at the time....so how exactly am I trying to be a "Ferengi"?

For the record, I had no idea what the Ferengi are as Star Trek isn't my thing...

Hopefully someone unaware of the announcement doesn't take that offer and find out afterwards, but before shipping, as it's almost enough to make someone ship that book in just a paper manila envelope. Not that I would ever advise that. That's bush league. (tsk)

Joey Gunz is paying more :gossip:

But my question to the people accusing me of trying to rip people off is this: HOW?

How am I trying to rip anyone off? I clearly stated what I wanted to buy and what I was offering at the time....so how exactly am I trying to be a "Ferengi"?

For the record, I had no idea what the Ferengi are as Star Trek isn't my thing...

Wow, someone said you were trying to rip someone off?

I didn't see that in your WTB thread. Were there posts deleted?

Your sarcasm is well noted.....thanks guy (thumbs u

Which is actually funny b/c you cannot give an honest answer to my question.

I would say "ripping off" is a little strong. After all, no one is putting a gun to anyone's head.

Your sarcasm is well noted.....thanks guy (thumbs u

Which is actually funny b/c you cannot give an honest answer to my question.

Not sarcasm, not one person I can see said anything about ripping people off. Not one.

You said people are accusing you of ripping people off. So, I guess that didn't happen either, guy.

You were only 20-30% off when you posted....it's only now that you're 30-50% off market.

I am guessing you're going to rush on over and adjust the buy prices then since you based the buy on GPA and it's moved so much since then? (shrug)

I would say "ripping off" is a little strong. After all, no one is putting a gun to anyone's head.

You....JEFFRO...implied it with your Ferengi comment.

So why don't you answer the question: How am I attempting to rip anyone off?

C'mon boys....this is your moment to shine

Agree.

No one is forcing anyone to sell anything to anyone.

I think that when the OP commented on how 'common' this book is, it may have appeared to some that he was 'wondering' aloud why he hasn't had many responses to buy at the listed prices. Which may have led some to respond and give their reasons to respond to his 'wondering'.

My guess is that if he simply said 'bump', it wouldn't have gone that way. But what do I know?

I don't think he is/was trying to rip anyone off. It's a free market and people can do what they want. I do think the timing in asking for the book is at least a week late, but hey good luck.

Maybe you're right...maybe I'm a little late.

But the book is common by comic book standards. Hell an AF 15 is common. Just look at the census.

My "bump" comment should in no way, shape or form warrant the comments it received.

If my price was too low, then I guess I don't buy any comics. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

You....JEFFRO...implied it with your Ferengi comment.

So why don't you answer the question: How am I attempting to rip anyone off?

C'mon boys....this is your moment to shine

I thought you didn't know what a Ferengi was and Star Trek wasn't your thing?

If you don't know what it is then how can you equate it to something with enough certainty to lock Jeffro into an implication.

You went from entirely ignorant of their culture and ways to absolutely certain in just a couple of posts.

From what I saw of the Ferengi on DS9 they were obsessed with profit and trade, but mostly profit.

Does that sound like an incorrect comparison?

You went from entirely ignorant of their culture and ways to absolutely certain in just a couple of posts.

It doesn’t take much to make yourself a preliminary idea about what one is talking about on the Internet.

I don’t know what a "Ferengi" is but I just figured out without even doing a small web search… :)