• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Do you understand that Donald Brock?

You left off the Jr.

(thumbs u

Oh yeah, If you'd like a $1 refund, I'll happy send it to you via PayPal.

It was never about the $1 and you know it.

What you did was despicable. You have never owned it, never apologized for it and now are trying to turn this into someone persecuting you?

You're a mouthy punk that will do anything for a buck. You prove it over and over.

Fortunately for you, this will get deleted and you will get to play the victim. Hopefully before it goes, one more person will see what a upstanding guy you are.

d33aa12c9d0edce41788e3f36bd21bd4.jpg

Probably your best bet instead of any other choice that shows you have any integrity.

I guess it doesn't really matter as you have cool books to sell and a large group of people on these boards will continue to buy from you and proclaim you are a good guy no matter how much evidence to the contrary is posted.

Well, for one, maybe don't be shocked when you decide to call out boardies for being cheap, or for how they handle their business, or for they price their books or try to buy books, or for how they list things in their threads ( you know? The stuff you keep getting strikes for.?) that people are going to have a problem with that.

I'd say stop posting that way, but if the strikes don't stop you I am sure that anything I say will just bounce off.

I would have had you go back in time and do the right thing when you had the chance to do it, but that moment is passed and that opportunity gone. I know you probably think it was no big deal, but to the people that knew and liked and respected Beau and thought they were both helping the family AND receiving a memento of his life and words it felt like a giant slap in the face at the worst possible time.

You choose the kind of person you are, as much as one can. Whatever that choice is just own it and don't bristle when someone identifies it for exactly what it is, or for what your actions lead them to believe.

Sound advice. Going to print this and read it each morning before my cup of coffee.

Too bad I don't drink coffee....

I actually heard my words bounce off.....

Well, for one, maybe don't be shocked when you decide to call out boardies for being cheap, or for how they handle their business, or for they price their books or try to buy books, or for how they list things in their threads ( you know? The stuff you keep getting strikes for.?) that people are going to have a problem with that.

I'd say stop posting that way, but if the strikes don't stop you I am sure that anything I say will just bounce off.

I would have had you go back in time and do the right thing when you had the chance to do it, but that moment is passed and that opportunity gone. I know you probably think it was no big deal, but to the people that knew and liked and respected Beau and thought they were both helping the family AND receiving a memento of his life and words it felt like a giant slap in the face at the worst possible time.

You choose the kind of person you are, as much as one can. Whatever that choice is just own it and don't bristle when someone identifies it for exactly what it is, or for what your actions lead them to believe.

Sound advice. Going to print this and read it each morning before my cup of coffee.

You know, if I actually made a concerted effort to make a positive change, it would make zero difference.

You know, if I actually made a concerted effort to make a positive change, it would make zero difference.

Better to just not try then, at all?

Challenge accepted

Challenge accepted

Glad to hear it, sincerely. We are all the sum of our actions. The good ones can outweigh the bad ones. People only judge each other on what they see and experience.

Challenge accepted

Glad to hear it, sincerely. We are all the sum of our actions. The good ones can outweigh the bad ones. People only judge each other on what they see and experience.

(thumbs u

Still won't drink coffee though...never been able to develop a taste.

It would make all the difference in the world.

You just don't want to do it because it would mean admitting that you screwed up and sold your integrity for what $15 in shipping costs?

Much easier to say it would make no difference and blame someone else. Again.

Honestly, why should you though? Hell, when this came up last week, you got a new buyer looking at your website.

You just don't want to do it because it would mean admitting that you screwed up and sold your integrity for what $15 in shipping costs?

Honestly, why should you though? Hell, when this came up last week, you got a new buyer looking at your website.

You want some answers....ok here goes:

I didn't sell out my integrity for $15 or so in shipping. You may think I did but you would be incorrect.

All the books that were sent out were books that were given to me from Beau at HeroesCon in 2012. He gave them to me with the expectation that I would include them as inserts when we sold something. That way, his work was reaching a people who would normally not even know about it.

So I took a stack and when we sold/shipped something, I would put one in there as a bonus. No biggie.

Fast forward to Beau's untimely death. So I thought to myself "What can I do to help out his family?"

So I made the decision to start that charity thread. It wasn't a charity sales thread (or at the time I didn't consider it one). In my opinion, it was a way to raise money to help with expenses and in return, those who donated would get one of the books we had.

I wasn't asked to start the charity thread. I volunteered after talking to another of the creators and he was the one who started the thread (I think) and received all the donations. Then I took the names and shipped the books.

So I didn't sell out to save $15. In fact, I never took a single dime to ship. We covered the shipping costs out of our own pockets. And at the time, my thought was that it wasn't a big deal to ship them in an envelope as the book(s) was/were a bonus. The real act was the donation and the book simply served as a "thank you."

Apparently I couldn't have been more wrong....it never occurred to me at the time that those books meant that much to others. Again, I was wrong in my assessment there.

And it's been brought up that I did not put my return address on the envelopes: it was because I didn't want credit for doing what I felt was the right thing.

A few people said I should have put my business card in the packages. I declined. I was offered reimbursement for shipping. I declined.

My goal was to get the maximum donated amount of money to Beau's family. And Chris sending $100 was fantastic. Everyone who donated was fantastic and I'm sure every dime helped.

And looking back, do you really think that if I had known how harsh the backlash was going to be...that I wouldn't have sprung for the extra $15 or $30 or whatever it took to get them there in better condition?

Anyways, maybe this sheds some light on my thinking at the time....

You want some answers....ok here goes:

I didn't sell out my integrity for $15 or so in shipping. You may think I did but you would be incorrect.

All the books that were sent out were books that were given to me from Beau at HeroesCon in 2012. He gave them to me with the expectation that I would include them as inserts when we sold something. That way, his work was reaching a people who would normally not even know about it.

So I took a stack and when we sold/shipped something, I would put one in there as a bonus. No biggie.

Fast forward to Beau's untimely death. So I thought to myself "What can I do to help out his family?"

So I made the decision to start that charity thread. It wasn't a charity sales thread (or at the time I didn't consider it one). In my opinion, it was a way to raise money to help with expenses and in return, those who donated would get one of the books we had.

I wasn't asked to start the charity thread. I volunteered after talking to another of the creators and he was the one who started the thread (I think) and received all the donations. Then I took the names and shipped the books.

So I didn't sell out to save $15. In fact, I never took a single dime to ship. We covered the shipping costs out of our own pockets. And at the time, my thought was that it wasn't a big deal to ship them in an envelope as the book(s) was/were a bonus. The real act was the donation and the book simply served as a "thank you."

Apparently I couldn't have been more wrong....it never occurred to me at the time that those books meant that much to others. Again, I was wrong in my assessment there.

And it's been brought up that I did not put my return address on the envelopes: it was because I didn't want credit for doing what I felt was the right thing.

A few people said I should have put my business card in the packages. I declined. I was offered reimbursement for shipping. I declined.

My goal was to get the maximum donated amount of money to Beau's family. And Chris sending $100 was fantastic. Everyone who donated was fantastic and I'm sure every dime helped.

And looking back, do you really think that if I had known how harsh the backlash was going to be...that I wouldn't have sprung for the extra $15 or $30 or whatever it took to get them there in better condition?

Anyways, maybe this sheds some light on my thinking at the time....

The harsh backlash should have served as the tipping point to look at how you acted and behaved. Not "if I would have known". Sorry but that phrase is what people use when they have been caught doing something wrong and not when they realize that they were doing something wrong. That is the huge distinction here.

That should have been a giant cue to show some remorse and acknowledge the mistake. Attacking people and acting as if you are being persecuted is again the thinking of those that are remorseful that they got caught not those that are remorseful for what they did.

I'll be blunt since you gave some answers. Laying out everything you did regarding the charity thread is more than a bit self serving. Doing good deeds does not absolve one of other shltty deeds. I can't buy the thinking that no one would care about the condition. This board is full of condition whackjobs. You have probably sold to many of them. Condition matters and probably even more so in this case. Chris is one example. This meant a lot to these guys and you absolutely should have known better.

I can't buy the thinking that no one would care about the condition. This board is full of condition whackjobs. You have probably sold to many of them. Condition matters and probably even more so in this case.

I have never commented on this topic when it comes up because I did not have the pleasure of knowing the boardie/artist in question. Even as an outsider looking at it objectively, this statement pretty much sums it up. On a board where people are almost obsessive on every aspect of condition, why would anyone think they wouldnt care about the condition of a one of kind item by a close friend.