• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

You went from entirely ignorant of their culture and ways to absolutely certain in just a couple of posts.

It doesn’t take much to make yourself a preliminary idea about what one is talking about on the Internet.

I don’t know what a "Ferengi" is but I just figured out without even doing a small web search… :)

Then one might want to do that web search in the time it takes one to claim complete ignorance for what he could have searched instead.

I thought you didn't know what a Ferengi was and Star Trek wasn't your thing?

If you don't know what it is then how can you equate it to something with enough certainty to lock Jeffro into an implication.

I said had, which implies past tense. There's this little thing on the internet called Google...which I used to find out what that word meant. It also allows people to find other things.... ;)

You went from entirely ignorant of their culture and ways to absolutely certain in just a couple of posts.

From what I saw of the Ferengi on DS9 they were obsessed with profit and trade, but mostly profit.

Does that sound like an incorrect comparison?

Yes....I can read. Big shocker there I know.

It's not necessarily an incorrect comparison..you just chose to leave out other relevant parts, such as:

"They and their culture are characterized by a mercantile obsession with profit and trade, and their constant efforts to swindle unwary customers into unfair deals. They are also known for their business acumen and for rampant misogyny. They also sometimes force their women into the sex trade."

I'd say that's a pretty damning accusation, wouldn't you?

It doesn’t take much to make yourself a preliminary idea about what one is talking about on the Internet.

I don’t know what a "Ferengi" is but I just figured out without even doing a small web search… :)

Then one might want to do that web search in the time it takes one to claim complete ignorance for what he could have searched instead.

He just said he did not know about it, hey give him a break. It’s the first thing you say when someone throws in an "inside joke" or reference to some popular spoon… lol

He just said he did not know about it, hey give him a break. It’s the first thing you say when someone throws in an "inside joke" or reference to some popular spoon… lol

Jeffro made his comment 58 minutes ago. I responded 21 minutes after his initial comment.

So is it possible to do a quick Google search on Ferengi in 21 minutes? According to Chris, that's not possible. So apparently my ignorance continues to show...

"They and their culture are characterized by a mercantile obsession with profit and trade, and their constant efforts to swindle unwary customers into unfair deals. They are also known for their business acumen and for rampant misogyny. They also sometimes force their women into the sex trade."

Well, maybe you shouldn’t read in it a lot more than what was basically an ironic remark.

I’m speaking about the "rampant mysoginy" part… :D

Well, maybe you shouldn’t read in it a lot more than what was basically an ironic remark.

Hey, that's the best part!! :D

Hey, that's the best part!! :D

I should have known! lol

If you don't know what it is then how can you equate it to something with enough certainty to lock Jeffro into an implication.

I said had, which implies past tense. There's this little thing on the internet called Google...which I used to find out what that word meant. It also allows people to find other things.... ;)

From what I saw of the Ferengi on DS9 they were obsessed with profit and trade, but mostly profit.

It's not necessarily an incorrect comparison..you just chose to leave out other relevant parts, such as:

So you read Jeffro's comparison between the Ferengi and your blatant attempt to profiteer off of a movie announcement as him saying you force women into the sex trade?

That might be the absolute worst attempt to play the victim we've seen on the boards this week.

So you read Jeffro's comparison between the Ferengi and your blatant attempt to profiteer off of a movie announcement as him saying you force women into the sex trade?

That might be the absolute worst attempt to play the victim we've seen on the boards this week.

That's the best response you can come up with? Seriously...that's the best?

The fact is you don't have a response other than to continue to hurl insults at me.

I'm not playing a victim....you are welcome to say whatever you want. However, when I ask you how you make your accusations and you result to insults, it shows how small you really are...

Go find someone else to bother boy

Edit: Do yourself a favor and just put me on ignore....

Edited by Columbia Comics

The fact is you don't have a response other than to continue to hurl insults at me.

I'm not playing a victim....you are welcome to say whatever you want. However, when I ask you how you make your accusations and you result to insults, it shows how small you really are...

What accusations did I make? Exactly what?

Is that the best defense you can make, seriously? Why not just own the mercenary in your heart? Why feign injury and insult? Does a scorpion have his feeling hurt when someone calls it a scorpion? Why would you be so hurt and upset that someone calls you a profit-motivated person? Given your entire persona, actions, and words I would think you'd wear that badge with pride.

You don't have a defense because you and I both know how important that sweet sweet profit is to you. More important than lots of other things that others would prioritize far higher.

You made more headway when you chose to not engage me head on.

Is that the best defense you can make, seriously? Why not just own the mercenary in your heart? Why feign injury and insult? Does a scorpion have his feeling hurt when someone calls it a scorpion? Why would you be so hurt and upset that someone calls you a profit-motivated person? Given your entire persona, actions, and words I would think you'd wear that badge with pride.

You don't have a defense because you and I both know how important that sweet sweet profit is to you. More important than lots of other things that others would prioritize far higher.

Send me a PM...and I'll happily send you my phone number. We can work this out via telephone as men, right?

Send me a PM...and I'll happily send you my phone number. We can work this out via telephone as men, right?

You've already proved to me, in spades, who you are and what you priorities are.

That's why I am not shrinking from telling you how disappointed I was in how you handled Beau's books after his passing and how you neglected to give those books, and by extension the donations made to help his family, anywhere near the respect they deserved.

Which is why when you call other board members "cheap" or when you rip on other board members for their buying or selling threads and prices I am reminded that sometimes people can only see the faults in others and be blind to their own. In some cases it is completely so.

The way people prioritize their decisions and how they handle seemingly small matters (and what is small to them) are windows into who they really are. I've seen it. I don't need any more proof.

You've already proved to me, in spades, who you are and what you priorities are.

That's why I am not shrinking from telling you how disappointed I was in how you handled Beau's books after his passing and how you neglected to give those books, and by extension the donations made to help his family, anywhere near the respect they deserved.

Which is why when you call other board members "cheap" or when you rip on other board members for their buying or selling threads and prices I am reminded that someone people can only see the faults in others and be blind to their own. In some cases it is completely so.

The way people prioritize their decisions and how they handle seemingly small matters (and what is small to them) are windows into who they really are. I've seen it. I don't need any more proof.

:popcorn: don't have an aardvark in the fight, but it is interesting....

Which is why when you call other board members "cheap" or when you rip on other board members for their buying or selling threads and prices I am reminded that someone people can only see the faults in others and be blind to their own. In some cases it is completely so.

That's completely fine. You are welcome to reach any conclusion and hold whatever opinion you want of me.

Fortunately for me, you're in the minority.

I am not seeking nor will I ever seek your approval. And while I'm fully aware that I have many faults and shortcomings, it won't be Chris Caria who gets them out of me.

You can continue to hold Beau's books over my head....that's fine. It matters not as what's done is done (and there's so much more to that story than you know).

You can chastise me for calling Chris cheap, which had zero to do with his buying and selling practices and everything to do with his constantly asking for free GPA info.

What I do with my life and the priorities I have are my own. They're not yours or anyone else's.

You should take a good long look in the mirror at your actions, the way you treat people (myself included) and ask if that's how you want to represent yourself.

I'm asking you to leave me alone. Do not comment on things that concern me. Do not respond to any of my posts. In return, I'll do the same.

You want to play the "high and mighty" card, then respect my wishes to be left alone.

Can you do that Chris Caira?