• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Regarding trading, it's an old issue that Arch already addressed through a guideline update:

"If posting a trading thread you must list a dollar value price for the book that you WILL accept in TRADE VALUE, and you MUST put "TRADE ONLY" in the title of your thread if you will not accept money."

At what dollar amount does the personal payment option charge the person sending money a fee.

I have had this happen to me a several purchases?

I don't think it is based on amount. It is based on the option you choose.

Let me read the Terms & Conditions on PayPal and see what it says.

I believe the fee is charged if the money is sent to another country. I'm always charged if I buy from anyone outside of Canada.

I think it's if you have a bank account or credit/debit card attached to your paypal account. If the funds come out of your bank account or card instead of a paypal banance, you get charged.

Both!

Read the link above and when you go to the PayPal site, it outlines both scenarios.

My wife gets charged because she uses her debit card (which is actually her bank account). She would be better off just entering the account number instead of the debit card.

I setup a bank account for nothing but PayPal transactions to avoid credit card fees or messing with the debit card.

I have a specific Paypal bank account + credit card, at a bank totally unaffiliated to my primary bank/account, as linking your main financial account to Paypal is insane and just looking for trouble.

I setup a bank account for nothing but PayPal transactions to avoid credit card fees or messing with the debit card.

I have a specific Paypal bank account + credit card, at a bank totally unaffiliated to my primary bank/account, as linking your main financial account to Paypal is insane and just looking for trouble.

Hey! Watch out for that truck! lol:insane:

Just remember, CGC is firmly 100% on my side this time. :acclaim:

Bring it on!

I guess Comiclink needs to be spanked/policed as well then since they only accept PayPal in the "personal" form. Get on that Joe, CGC :baiting:

Actually, PayPal should just suspend CLink's account . . . :grin:

Hey I saw the new rule.

I take it somebody got screwed here with the personal payment option?

Some dirtbag ruins everything. rantrant

Hey I saw the new rule.

Yup some schmoe named aces. total tool.

I guess Comiclink needs to be spanked/policed as well then since they only accept PayPal in the "personal" form.

If you can't see the obvious difference between CL breaking the rules, and an entity like CGC, then you're beyond hope.

Just remember, CGC is firmly 100% on my side this time. :acclaim:

Bring it on!

I guess Comiclink needs to be spanked

As long as they are all males JC wont have a problem with tenderly spanking them out of love. :baiting:

Hey I saw the new rule.

Yeah I heard he overcharged shipping buy $2 and went off somewhere for thee months to party with the loot. :D

Hey I saw the new rule.

Yeah I heard he overcharged shipping buy $2 and went off somewhere for thee months to party with the loot. :D

Where ya been?

Hey I saw the new rule.

Where ya been?
county lockup.

Swift justice just now :applause:

DD 168?

If it was the DD 168 I didn't want the thread to get pulled, I just wanted to point out that hey broke a sales forum rule and he got all mad at me. Didn't understand his response to me at all.