• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

A question of similar nature:

Let's say you buy a comic from a dealer/LCS and it has a $5 sticker on it. At some point later you sell this comic -- either on eBay or via the board.

Do you send the comic on its merry way as-is; remove the sticker at any cost; completely re-bag the comic?

Does the amount you sell said comic for -- i.e $3 vs. $50 -- change the answer to the first question?

Let's say you buy a comic from a dealer/LCS and it has a $5 sticker on it. At some point later you sell this comic -- either on eBay or via the board.

Do you send the comic on its merry way as-is; remove the sticker at any cost; completely re-bag the comic?

Does the amount you sell said comic for -- i.e $3 vs. $50 -- change the answer to the first question?

Just buy a pricing gun and put $1 stickers on everything you sell. 90's drek, AF15, slabs, whatever. Then your bases are covered.

I usually do not care about the sticker on the bag. I don't pay attention to them.

If I am selling 50 low grade books for $15 then I am not putting them in all new Bags and Boards.

High Grade for $50, then yes I would.

+2…where I by comics, bags, and board, the bag/board cost .15. If I were to buy 50 of them, that's $7.50. On a $15 sale, that's half my profit. If they are in bags and boards already, great but I wouldn't bother on a low sale of a huge lot either.

Well, that's just bad accounting. You wouldn't apply the whole cost of all the bags and boards to the sale of one books. Given the scenario (50 books sold at $15 each = $750, 50 b/b at .15 ea = $7.50), the cost of new bags and boards is only 1% of your gross sales.

Anyways, unless the existing bards were gross or the boards were bent, I wouldn't re-bag and boards them either.

If I am selling 50 low grade books for $15 then I am not putting them in all new Bags and Boards.

High Grade for $50, then yes I would.

+2…where I by comics, bags, and board, the bag/board cost .15. If I were to buy 50 of them, that's $7.50. On a $15 sale, that's half my profit. If they are in bags and boards already, great but I wouldn't bother on a low sale of a huge lot either.

Well, that's just bad accounting. You wouldn't apply the whole cost of all the bags and boards to the sale of one books. Given the scenario (50 books sold at $15 each = $750, 50 b/b at .15 ea = $7.50), the cost of new bags and boards is only 1% of your gross sales.

Anyways, unless the existing bards were gross or the boards were bent, I wouldn't re-bag and boards them either.

I believe he meant all 50 books for $15, not $15 each

the slacker in me loves the low effort nature of this sales thread.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7600877#Post7600877

I am not being sarcastic, I really do love it.

lol I liked that one too. I guess when you have books that can sell themselves that's the way to do it!

It's a matter of first impressions. For me, as a seller - I want the buyer to look at the book and say "Yay! I got my book and it looks great!" which equals a warm, fuzzy feeling associated with my sale.

The opposite of that is that the first impression of a buyer seeing a $1 sticker on a $5 book is that of "Hey, did this guy just bone me for four bucks?" That is not what I want my customer to think at all about the sale I just made to him whether it's true or not.

I rebag almost all of my books for that reason. Plus, spending 5¢ to give them a new bag seems to add to that first impression thing.

Sorry if this has been asked before. I couldnt find anything. I know from time to time a boardie falls on hard times and we gather around and raise the money. I was wondering if the same thing would apply without running a sales thread? Im not looking for a handout or bend the rules by any means. It is for my daughters Odyssey of the mind team in 3rd-5th grade.

We set up an account through go fund me. Is it ok to post in the water cooler? I dont want to over step my limits here and get a strike or anything like that. We just need to raise some money. Its a great team a great cause. If none of its ok mods please remove this. If it is ok someone tell me the are i can post in and i will do so. That way i can give more info what it is.

Anyone take offense to posting in the water cooler? I pm arch but nothing back.

Sorry if this has been asked before. I couldnt find anything. I know from time to time a boardie falls on hard times and we gather around and raise the money. I was wondering if the same thing would apply without running a sales thread? Im not looking for a handout or bend the rules by any means. It is for my daughters Odyssey of the mind team in 3rd-5th grade.

We set up an account through go fund me. Is it ok to post in the water cooler? I dont want to over step my limits here and get a strike or anything like that. We just need to raise some money. Its a great team a great cause. If none of its ok mods please remove this. If it is ok someone tell me the are i can post in and i will do so. That way i can give more info what it is.

Anyone take offense to posting in the water cooler? I pm arch but nothing back.

go for it.

at worst it gets disappeared. I seriously doubt they'd give a strike for it.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7600877#Post7600877

(tsk)

I was just posting during my lunch break and didn't have time to scan.

All scans are posted now.

(tsk)

no criticism! Really I loved it! (I knew you were gonna post scans)

:applause:

I take stickers off, or rebag altogether, because some of those stickers are thick enough to leave an impression/indentation on the comic if put into a tightly packed box (giggity.)

-slym

Giggity...

Giggity....

Goo

(tsk)

no criticism! Really I loved it! (I knew you were gonna post scans)

:applause:

Well then.

:whee:

It's a matter of first impressions. For me, as a seller - I want the buyer to look at the book and say "Yay! I got my book and it looks great!" which equals a warm, fuzzy feeling associated with my sale.

The opposite of that is that the first impression of a buyer seeing a $1 sticker on a $5 book is that of "Hey, did this guy just bone me for four bucks?" That is not what I want my customer to think at all about the sale I just made to him whether it's true or not.

I rebag almost all of my books for that reason. Plus, spending 5¢ to give them a new bag seems to add to that first impression thing.

I actually rebag and reboard all my books for that exact reason. with lot of the collections I buy, the books have been in the bag and board for 20+ years and look disgusting.

Yes, it is definitely weird how it went from being new on here and learning the ropes with really good intentions of making some connections and sales, to someone who dealt with my BROTHER a few years back and putting up a post and linking ME to their situation and ending up here now. It is very interesting and I think it is a good idea that Adam and I discuss this publicly. I would strongly encourage that and am 100% open to doing so if he is. Maybe that will clear a few things up.