• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

A quick apology to Domo.

I didn't take his seriousness about how he felt about the act of shilling into account in our previous interaction.

We have discussed this together and I now know his feelings on this matter and why he is aggressively against any attempt of shilling and price manipulation.

I know that he has the board's best interests at heart.

I want him and everyone to know, that regardless of the locking of the shilling thread that I created, all information is still searchable via Google. Harvey is making sure that all aliases will be accounted for and all information readily available.

xxx ooo

Rupp

"Seriously people this book is only going up in GPA"

seriously, do we need such a hard sell? And seriously its not only going up (there are a few grades that is is going down), and going up in the last 90 days doens't mean its going to keep going up...

and the sales are all in the run up to the ASM2 movie release, isnt it possible that buyers here know not to buy books at their high point (at the point of a movie release), but rather when they are under-performing, or due for a bump?

Would ASM 14 even get a movie bump? I mean its spideys second best villain (doc ock for the win) and has ALWAYS been extremely popular. I feel like the book doesn't need cheap heat, where as something like ASM 41 MIGHT need that because people aren't in love with the Rhino (the one good thing about that awful movie is that ASM 41 prices should be dropping like a stone come October :banana:)

seriously, do we need such a hard sell? And seriously its not only going up (there are a few grades that is is going down), and going up in the last 90 days doens't mean its going to keep going up...

and the sales are all in the run up to the ASM2 movie release, isnt it possible that buyers here know not to buy books at their high point (at the point of a movie release), but rather when they are under-performing, or due for a bump?

Of all the huckstering I've seen here, this one doesn't even move the needle for me.

A quick apology to Domo.

I didn't take his seriousness about how he felt about the act of shilling into account in our previous interaction.

We have discussed this together and I now know his feelings on this matter and why he is aggressively against any attempt of shilling and price manipulation.

I know that he has the board's best interests at heart.

I want him and everyone to know, that regardless of the locking of the shilling thread that I created, all information is still searchable via Google. Harvey is making sure that all aliases will be accounted for and all information readily available.

xxx ooo

Rupp

I have told Rupp via private message that I would accept his apology and would now like to offer him one in return. We had a bit of a heated exchange in this thread (which was scrubbed) and in a pm exchange afterwards, but I believe now we understand each other a little better. So, my apologies, Rupp.

The scammers that really hack me off are the ones that come in here and throw it in our faces. Like bigboytoys coming back in a few days ago as if nothing had happened. And now iwalktheline76 blatantly changing his name after the thread about his shilling was closed. They have absolutely zero remorse. The only thing they're sorry about is the fact that they were caught.

I look at some of these actions a little differently than others I suppose. Some people might just see a little shilling, but not think it's that big of a deal (Rupp never said this...I'm just speaking generally). So they shill a book up an extra $40 or $50? That's not that big of a deal, is it? Or is it? What if they do it 100 times....or 500 times? Do the math. That's a lot of money that could have been spent with legitimate sellers. And it ticks me off.

Especially considering those recorded sales are from eBay, which means the seller paid 10%+ in fees. I always try to take the money saved from fees into consideration when I price a book FS on the boards.

Since we're only supposed to list comic-related items, it doesn't belong, though since it has now sold that's a moot point.

My personal feeling is that it is a foul, completely tasteless item that I would have nothing to do with.

Thoughts on people selling serial killer signed, non comic book items here on the boards?

I would own a John Wayne Gacy painting if negotiation didn't break down with his art dealer over the quality difference in $400 and $700.

It was a signed book and I'm upset I missed out on it.

Thoughts on people selling serial killer signed, non comic book items here on the boards?

I would own a John Wayne Gacy painting if negotiation didn't break down with his art dealer over the quality difference in $400 and $700.

It was a signed book and I'm upset I missed out on it.

My professor Dr Roth who teaches criminal justice bought a fork at an auction that belonged to Dalmer and artwork of Manson

Guns N Roses did Charles Manson song on the Spaghetti Incident called The Game

I don't particularly care that it was a non comic related item.

It glorifies serial killers and I cannot believe that, when it was published, Gacy did not benefit in any sort of way. Even if that way was to have strangers take an interest in him, write letters and send canteen money.

It's a disgusting item that, personally, I think has no place on the CGC boards.

It glorifies serial killers and I cannot believe that, when it was published, Gacy did not benefit in any sort of way. Even if that way was to have strangers take an interest in him, write letters and send canteen money.

It's a disgusting item that, personally, I think has no place on the CGC boards.

most famous killer i ever met while working as a Correctional Officer on Huntsville Death Row in Texas was Henry Lee Lucas. he was connected the "orange socks" murder

had another murderer make me some nice wallets and a horse saddle he became a leather maker did really nice work

Actually with all Gacy artwork and books the money went to a charity for his victims. His artwork was done in his cell and he sent them to his art dealer with really weird notes.

People collect that kind of stuff. I want one of his paintings just because its weird. But no, none of the books or paintings sold benefited Gacy in any way. I'm not sure about other serial killer art.