• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Am I seeing right? Is a CGCd MAN CALLED NOVA #1 going for unusually high prices now? If so, why? Somewhere in my apt is an old label WP 9.6 of Nova #1. Danged if I can find it yet but it is here somewhere.
There was a big 9.8 sale recently for a stupid amount of money.

hm When I find it I may have it pressed and resubbed. Get a 9.9 to yield some really dumb money!

Am I seeing right? Is a CGCd MAN CALLED NOVA #1 going for unusually high prices now? If so, why? Somewhere in my apt is an old label WP 9.6 of Nova #1. Danged if I can find it yet but it is here somewhere.
There was a big 9.8 sale recently for a stupid amount of money.

hm When I find it I may have it pressed and resubbed. Get a 9.9 to yield some really dumb money!

It'd make the first New Mutants 98 9.9 sale look like quarter bin diving

Its very fortunate for me that I could truly care less what any of you think. In the end, I'll be just fine.

That's awesome.

Especially when you tell us over and over how much you don't care. lol

You're still missing the point. Of course you are covered and you have weighed the risks which is great. Seriously.

But you won't even consider the flip side of the coin of your actions which is that you (you personally and not a general you) buying books from a questionable seller with some red flags gives legitimacy to that seller and his thread. While you have thought through the risks, the next boardie sees an older member of these boards buying books and takes the risk without protecting themselves.

Is that your fault? Of course not but when so many people, including yourself repeatedly, like to trot out the community card, an everyman for himself move like that reeks of hypocrisy.

Got the books sold to me from puigy66. Either I got "lucky" or its a different person. Either way, I'm satisfied.

Its very fortunate for me that I could truly care less what any of you think. In the end, I'll be just fine.

That's awesome.

You're still missing the point. Of course you are covered and you have weighed the risks which is great. Seriously.

But you won't even consider the flip side of the coin of your actions which is that you (you personally and not a general you) buying books from a questionable seller with some red flags gives legitimacy to that seller and his thread. While you have thought through the risks, the next boardie sees an older member of these boards buying books and takes the risk without protecting themselves.

Is that your fault? Of course not but when so many people, including yourself repeatedly, like to trot out the community card, an everyman for himself move like that reeks of hypocrisy.

Got the books sold to me from puigy66. Either I got "lucky" or its a different person. Either way, I'm satisfied.

I'm just glad you could care less about me. :banana:

That's awesome.

Multiple typos all in that sentence. But yeah, you're on our list Ned Isakoff!

That's awesome.

The List of Awesome I'm sure!!

That's awesome.

The List of Awesome I'm sure!!

Everything-is-Awesome-Lego.jpg

That's awesome.

I'd retain the packaging for the return address in case this user comes back under a different name, again. Just for reference purposes.

That's awesome.

It's the same guy. HERE is the strike he got for that shill account.

All he was trying to do is sell low end books to build up some Kudos and then have a new sales thread with either more books or higher end books and clean house. :makepoint:

That's awesome.

It's the same guy. HERE is the strike he got for that shill account.

All he was trying to do is sell low end books to build up some Kudos and then have a new sales thread with either more books or higher end books and clean house. :makepoint:

I have never once said you were wrong. All the available information points to the same guy.

All I can do is report on my experience, which was that I received the books I paid for.

Would I recommend this seller? Probably not. Would I buy again? Nope

I consider myself lucky...no pun :)

Whereever Columbia Comics goes people pile on. That recent thread you started was great until you started answering the trolls.

I could make suggestions but I'm sure they would be ignored.

Carry on.

As well they should be.

Whereever Columbia Comics goes people pile on. That recent thread you started was great until you started answering the trolls.

Carry on.

As well they should be.

Remember when you use to send me PM's riling me up about other members?

How many people do you still do that to?

Carry on.

As well they should be.

Remember when you used to send me PM's asking for information on other members? How many people do you still do that to?

Carry on.

As well they should be.

Remember when you used to send me PM's asking for information on other members? How many people do you still do that to?

No. I don't, because thats what you did. Is this how professional trolling works?

Carry on.

As well they should be.

No. I don't, because thats what you did. Is this how professional trolling works?

I still have the PM, shy boy.