• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Its very fortunate for me that I could truly care less what any of you think. In the end, I'll be just fine.

That's awesome.

Especially when you tell us over and over how much you don't care. lol

You're still missing the point. Of course you are covered and you have weighed the risks which is great. Seriously.

But you won't even consider the flip side of the coin of your actions which is that you (you personally and not a general you) buying books from a questionable seller with some red flags gives legitimacy to that seller and his thread. While you have thought through the risks, the next boardie sees an older member of these boards buying books and takes the risk without protecting themselves.

Is that your fault? Of course not but when so many people, including yourself repeatedly, like to trot out the community card, an everyman for himself move like that reeks of hypocrisy.

hm

When the hell did you turn into me?

Oh, and :hi: