• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel UK Price Variants
16 16

2,571 posts in this topic

On 10/3/2021 at 8:57 PM, Kevin.J said:

I think it was like that for me a long time ago, I would go to a mart and come back with maybe 1 or 2 books, back in the day I would come home with a car full lol 

Last time I went to London I bought nothing and couldnt even find anything decent in the shops, I was after a Hulk #1 and no one had one for sale.

Thats why I havent been in so long :( 

I was tempted by a run of Atomic Bunny, but it doesn't fit any of my collecting strands so I left them. I'm turning into you Kev. I'll disciplined.

I was rooting through one of McCartney's boxes when a woman asked how much an X-Men #1 was. She didn't baulk at the £9k asking price and said it was a present for her boyfriend's birthday. I offered to marry her :bigsmile:

On 10/3/2021 at 9:02 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

I was tempted by a run of Atomic Bunny, but it doesn't fit any of my collecting strands so I left them. I'm turning into you Kev. I'll disciplined.

I was rooting through one of McCartney's boxes when a woman asked how much an X-Men #1 was. She didn't baulk at the £9k asking price and said it was a present for her boyfriend's birthday. I offered to marry her :bigsmile:

lol I was just posting a pm to you about X-men #1, yeah no one has bought me comics for my birthday, it was my missus today and I forgot :fear:

On 10/3/2021 at 9:06 PM, Kevin.J said:

lol I was just posting a pm to you about X-men #1, yeah no one has bought me comics for my birthday, it was my missus today and I forgot :fear:

:eek:

And you're still alive?

Retrospectively buy her a pence Hulk #1 and tell her that you love her so much that you'll even look after it for her :wishluck:

On 10/3/2021 at 9:30 PM, Kevin.J said:

For some reason I thought her birthday was the 13th not the 3rd, you would think after 25 years I would remember lol 

She wasnt impressed by my Cents or Pence btw

950367260_IH1.jpg.0b9929c3e953e79848a64d38ecd5e3f5.jpg1075236198_Hulk1Pence.thumb.jpg.d1dccf3f6319629fac0f11697c477001.jpg

Wife no like! 

On 10/3/2021 at 9:34 PM, Kevin.J said:

yup

:fear:

:bigsmile:

She'll soon cheer up when she sees the post clear out bank balance Kev - wife like ten million pound bank balance and room to move in house.

On 10/3/2021 at 5:35 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Yes, they're hard to come by this bright and clean - here are the other grubby six!

495454681_GunsmokeWestern589dLMSet.thumb.jpg.c16fffbe6e45b62a75fda4b37396082e.jpg

You can definitely see the difference in quality of the new one compared to the other one’s 

On 10/4/2021 at 2:37 PM, Tghutcn said:

Thanks it’s probably one of the best FF covers and it’s now the highest grade copy I have for my silver surfer collection what’s cool as well 

It's VERY cool and one that I still need a pence copy of. I DO have this La Prensa Mexican Publication copy though.

La Prensa FF 55.png

On 10/3/2021 at 4:46 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

I picked up a lovely clean copy of Gunsmoke Western #58 at the fair today - my seventh copy of this issue, and by far the nicest:

1324738603_No.1GunsmokeWestern58(May1960).thumb.jpg.af223801048405555a4a3b26ba2c989d.jpg

Though it's a Miller indicia book, it doesn't have a cover stamp so it will become my new '1st 20 Marvel UKPV' set copy.

Very nice :)

Trimmed along top edge?

On 10/4/2021 at 10:05 PM, Albert Tatlock said:

Trimmed along top edge?

I don't think so Albert, no. The pence copies all seem to be cut close to the title - you rarely see the full IND (I was a poet.....)

On 10/4/2021 at 3:34 PM, Tghutcn said:

That is a cool book I’ve never seen one of the Mexican publications in person they look interesting 

They're very cool inside, as they often times have different Marvel house ads! I don't wanna bog down the UK thread with Mexican publication copies, but here are a few pics from inside the issue I posted. The first pic is the inside front cover, the other two are interior house ads. 

Fantastic Four 55 Mexican publication inside cover.jpg

Fantastic Four 55 Mexican publication interior page Spider-Man.jpg

Fantastic Four 55 Mexican publication interior page x-men.jpg