• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What the Boards Mean to You
3 3

69 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Ken Aldred said:

I get that he's a comics fan, Jimmers, but the only part I can guess at from amongst all the preceding archaic stuff is that 'quintessence of dust' might mean that he likes the odour of old newsprint comics.  And there's nothing wrong with that.

Look, smell, touch....best feelings in the world.

1 minute ago, Ken Aldred said:

I get that he's a comics fan, Jimmers, but the only part I can guess at from amongst all the preceding archaic stuff is that 'quintessence of dust' might mean that he likes the odour of old newsprint comics.  And there's nothing wrong with that.

it was a fine soliloquy.

3 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

I preferred Duchess though. Great song, great cover. Might turn up on Morlars thread....

Now I think of it, who were the Rodneys and why were they queuing up?

5 hours ago, porcupine48 said:
6 hours ago, Marwood & I said:

They watched their Rome burn.

You just made me VERY happy!:cloud9:

I love the smell of burning Italians in the morning....,  :D

2 hours ago, lizards2 said:

I thought my ears were burning because you were talking about me Liz. Turns out it was an ice pick.....

I started reading the posts from old vets here 7 or 8 years ago. I joined around 4 years ago and have been on here daily or close to it ever since. 

I mostly post in Moderns because that is what read. In fact, I've been reading moderns since the early '70s. They've changed their names over the years to Silver, Bronze, Copper, etc. but not when they were fresh in my hands. 

I've made many good friends from all walks of life, all over the planet, and I'm absolutely thrilled with my decision to join the community. I like at least 99% of the people I've had the good fortune to converse with and it would seem that even trolls come around to being friendly over time.

After Moderns, I most often visit Comics General, Copper, Bronze, and Magazine sections of the boards in that order. 

The Heating Up sections of each of those has allowed me to cash in and buy lots and lots of comics so thanks to all who contribute to those subsections.

I enjoy that we can PM each other. I post there much more than the boards everyone sees as I've grown very fond of a few people here. Its a great way to communicate with many people everywhere without bogging down the main sections with personal stuff. 

Thanks for having me. (thumbsu

I think it was after I found a large stash of Silver-Age book in a buddies garage that had been left there from a previous tenant.  I started selling them on E-Bay and someone suggested I get some of them graded and a Google search later I stumbled upon this place.  I've taken large chunks of time off during the last 10 years but this was always the place I went to get accurate comic book news and info.  Just like a family - everyone doesn't always get along but the general love is evident.  I'd definitely miss this place if it ever went away.

13 hours ago, lizards2 said:

Whoa - did you and I join the exact same day in 2006?  It was fate since we are brothers from another mother, right?  Right?:popcorn:

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:
15 hours ago, lizards2 said:

Whoa - did you and I join the exact same day in 2006?  It was fate since we are brothers from another mother, right?  Right?:popcorn:

I was here way before you. clown.

1 minute ago, lizards2 said:

Nope - we walked thru the door at the same time.  Kind of like that old joke about when the clown and a freaky lizard guy walk into a bar . .

5 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Nope - we walked thru the door at the same time.  Kind of like that old joke about when the clown and a freaky lizard guy walk into a bar . .

....the barman says to the lizard, "why don't you eat that clown?". The Lizard says "cos he tastes funny".

1 minute ago, Marwood & I said:
6 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

....the barman says to the lizard, "why don't you eat that clown?". The Lizard says "cos he tastes funny".

I thought he tasted like chicken...., :insane:

2 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

. . freaky lizard guy slaps the bartenders right when he gets in the door.  Clown say "damn that was cold blooded".

3 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

. . freaky lizard guy slaps the bartenders right when he gets in the door.  Clown say "damn that was cold blooded".

Komodo here and say that ?

12 minutes ago, 1Cool said:
15 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

goomba-meme-me-and-your-mother_o_1689603