• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reinvention of 'Pay It Forward' Thread
1 1

Do you think it's worth it to reconsider 'Pay It Forward' thread?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it's worth it to reconsider 'Pay It Forward' thread?

• Yes
    • No
    • Need more details before making an educated decision.

128 posts in this topic

Tell them how one person tried to claim 3 or more RAKS in the same day. 2 for himself, one for his girlfriend and another for his gerbil. That went over well.

Despite all that, I want a new PIF. It will liven this place up....One way or another.

CAK claimed three free things within the first couple of days of RAK. Then he eventually offered something up in return and Jimmers claimed it.

Should arrive anyyyyyy day now. :whistle: <-- Jimmers waiting.

51 minutes ago, HarveySwick said:

CAK claimed three free things within the first couple of days of RAK. Then he eventually offered something up in return and Jimmers claimed it.

Speaking of CAK-- did he get booted/banned off the old board, not come to this board, or something else happen to get him out of the picture? I haven't seen him or his walls of text posts on the new forum and can't recall the last time I saw him post on the old board for that matter.

30 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

Speaking of CAK-- did he get booted/banned off the old board, not come to this board, or something else happen to get him out of the picture? I haven't seen him or his walls of text posts on the new forum and can't recall the last time I saw him post on the old board for that matter.

Yeah, CAK ended up getting banned after a series of strikes.

Not sure why a new PIF wouldn't get closed by Admin after the long running one got closed.  If anyone wants to be the admin for a new PIF please PM Harvey and listen to the issues he had to deal with and see if you still want to start it back up.

People can't agree on equitable trades, why would they be able to PIF.  "I want that super hot key book but only want to give a bunch Drek I can't sell in return" Something like that is what most people remember from the PIF/TGT/RAK threads.  Free stuff unfortunately ,generally leads to freeloaders.

I really like the threads when they where working and had a lot of fun. 

On 3/16/2017 at 9:09 PM, HarveySwick said:

Oh,I got a package...begrudgingly and with not what was offered.Got some fine attitude with it.

On 3/17/2017 at 10:24 AM, Shadow Images said:

People can't agree on equitable trades, why would they be able to PIF.  "I want that super hot key book but only want to give a bunch Drek I can't sell in return" Something like that is what most people remember from the PIF/TGT/RAK threads.  Free stuff unfortunately ,generally leads to freeloaders.

I really like the threads when they where working and had a lot of fun. 

and shadow images is awesome.just sayin'.

On 3/16/2017 at 3:14 PM, Bird said:

The PIF had its' share of problems/drama, but that was not why the thread died. The thread died because a few people decided to kill it, or prove a point, or whatever...but there was a conscious effort to disrupt it that resulted in the thread being closed. Not people being unaware of value, not even people trying to take advantage of the thread/others generosity, but for spite and malice. So I don't expect another to last as you can never plan around douchebaggery if people are intent on causing some.

On 3/16/2017 at 3:12 PM, 1Cool said:

Kav killed PIF

Kav was framed!  #FreeKav

22 minutes ago, Doc McCoy said:

Kav was framed!  #FreeKav

Yea - if me telling him that offering cash would kill the PIF and he did it anyhow which caused the admins to lock it.  Then yes he was framed.

Just now, Doc McCoy said:

You're right, I'd forgotten about the whole cash offer.  #KavKilledPIF

Which was no small feat since it had been around for years with a ton of in fighting and bad blood generated.  It was on life support anyhow - KAV just pulled the plug.

what if you went in another direction instead....

Call it the Trading Post and allow people to put something up and have others offer something in trade for it, excluding money. The offer would include some general ideas of something that person wanted. If both parties came to agreement, at trade would be done and NO ONE could chime in saying anyone got ripped off since it was a mutual trade. We could still talk about the merits of the deal and get to seethe trade action happening. And it would allow people with varying levels of collectibles to join in if they like.

20 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

what if you went in another direction instead....

Call it the Trading Post and allow people to put something up and have others offer something in trade for it, excluding money. The offer would include some general ideas of something that person wanted. If both parties came to agreement, at trade would be done and NO ONE could chime in saying anyone got ripped off since it was a mutual trade. We could still talk about the merits of the deal and get to seethe trade action happening. And it would allow people with varying levels of collectibles to join in if they like.

That has been tried in numerous varieties also.